Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Fanfic cliches  (Read 20070 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Fanfic cliches
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2007, 10:43:32 PM »

I know LOL.  Can't blame them, but yeah...
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2007, 10:44:17 PM »

*nods* doesn't mean it didn't become cliche but yeah. LOL
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2007, 10:46:40 PM »

What about one of the guys dead and coming back as soon as his lady finds another love? I have neevr read one like that for obvious reasons lol but i'm sure they probably exist. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2007, 10:51:53 PM »

LOL like in Pearl Harbor?

Yeah, I'm sure they exist.
~Julie

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2007, 11:06:02 PM »

I have one but it's not for BSB Fanfic... it's for video game fanfiction.. having a person (aka me) fall into the video game... there are a LOT of those ... it's how people get themselves or yeah someone like them in the game.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2007, 11:23:10 PM »

The reason the Nick/older lady stories were big is because there are a LOT Of older women who like Nick and wanted a story for themselves... heh!

Seriously though I think at the time the whole inner fan fiction circle were all older (late 20's, early 30's) so obviously their characters respresented that. It was really hard at that time for a younger author to gain a lot of popularity (at least it sure seemed that way at the time) I'm really glad its not like that today. Now I feel like there are a good representation of ages in the inner fan fic circe (which I like to consider is all of us LOL)

moppy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2007, 11:44:46 PM »

The reason the Nick/older lady stories were big is because there are a LOT Of older women who like Nick and wanted a story for themselves... heh!

??? Thats so weird that you've mentioned that because I just read one that involved Nick and AJ marrying women twice their age!!! it wasn't too bad for a story, had a lot of depth behind it , i thought anyways lol.

http://www.chandrahvj.com/cbhome.html the author is Chandrah from Speaking Tongues website, I can't even remember how i stumbled across it!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2007, 12:15:28 AM »

Seriously though I think at the time the whole inner fan fiction circle were all older (late 20's, early 30's) so obviously their characters respresented that. It was really hard at that time for a younger author to gain a lot of popularity (at least it sure seemed that way at the time) I'm really glad its not like that today. Now I feel like there are a good representation of ages in the inner fan fic circe (which I like to consider is all of us LOL)

I'm glad it's not like that anymore.  Some of my favorite authors are older, but there are also a lot of talented writers who are teenagers.  You can't discount anyone because of their age.  I ask for ages when people submit stories for me to host, and trust me, I've seen 16-year-olds who are good enough to be published and people close to 30 who can barely string a coherent sentence together.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2007, 12:25:10 AM »

Don't get me started on the thirty-year-olds that cant string a sentence together...
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2007, 12:36:54 AM »

LOL like in Pearl Harbor?

Yeah, I'm sure they exist.

I have never seen that one. Never had the desire which i'm sure shocks you all to death lmao
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2007, 12:38:17 AM »

^ don't bother, totally SUCKED.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2007, 12:40:32 AM »

that is what my spidey sense was telling me lol

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2007, 12:42:02 AM »

those are some good spidey senses. Whis I'd had them before seeing that movie. I didn't have to pay for it, but I'll never get those 2 and however eternally long that movie was hours of my life back.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2007, 12:58:25 AM »

LOL!  I liked Pearl Harbor okay, but I know what you mean.  Have you ever seen Team America, Kelly?  They have a whole song about how Pearl Harbor sucks; it's hilarious!!!
~Julie

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2007, 01:10:53 AM »

oh yes. I about cried during that part.   But I'm glad that someone liked that movie... good to know that all those millions of dollars weren't completely wasted. hahaha
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8