Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Featured Story Surveys  (Read 4438 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Featured Story Surveys
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 05:52:46 AM »

July - If Tomorrow Never Comes by MonkeyAbu

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8337

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?
When I originally planned ITNC, I had a completely different storyline set that was to take place after Brian has the heart attack. I realized afterward that it was a pretty rediculous story line and not so much realistic, so after I finished the first chapter, without even trying (I blame it on the characters themselve because it seems they never want to cooperate), the story took off in a completely different direction. Which I am glad now, because I think it is turning out well and with the direction I've been taking it, it's allowed me more room to work with. Not as many restrictions as the first idea would have caused. So I think I made the right decision.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?
Crap, I have been working on ITNC since the beginning of March '07. I started the first chapter a couple days before Brian and I moved back to Branson from Illinois, then finished and posted that chap shortly after moving into our new place. So I suppose I have been working on it for 16 months and still counting.

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.
Gosh darnit, you just had to give me this question like you did with everyone else. Poop. Ok fine, lets see...um...

Brian had everything he ever wanted and had accomplished far more then he would have ever expected to be possible. Life was perfect. Then in a split second he found his world turned upside down. Chaos ensued and life was no longer a luxury he was able to take for granted. Suddenly he had no other choice but to realize he was living on borrowed time.

*sigh* Lame, I know...LoL

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?
Ya know, I've always wondered about this, but honestly I can't see anyone else being cast for the parts other then the Boys themselves. I say that because of the story line. A lot of points would have to be changed...the story would have to be tweaked in many ways. So right now I am standing on the fact that only the Boys could fill the roles.

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?
I have thought of giving up on ITNC more times then I care to admit, but I refuse to do such a thing. One reason is because I am really happy with how it is turning out and it definitely shows my growth as a writer. It's become my writing baby and I think I would be more disappointed if I just gave up on it. I have felt guilty for putting Brian through all of the emotional shit he goes through in the story, but then again, I figure if Julie can get over Nick's leg choppage, then I can get over Brian's heart problem.

Although I came extremely close to just throwing ITNC in the trash late last year after having a wicked creepy dream that I was going through the same thing that Brian was. The emotions in the dream were so real that I woke up about to piss my pants. But yeah, I'm still writing.

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)
Since I don't know who Tonja is...LoL...

Originally the idea popped into my head and I just started writing. Then as the story line changed I outlined a few chapters so I could get used to the new story line and the sorts. Recently I outlined the rest of the story on paper to try to give me a push to pick up my writing. Usually I just write as I go, but lately it's been more outlining on paper before hand.

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?
I think I would have to say Brian is my favorite character because what he is going through allows for so much expression and in some ways delving into the emotions, etc, really helped me develop further as a writer.

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?
LoL, this might come as a shocker...Bria n is my least favorite. Yes, he's my favorite and my least favorite. He's my least favorite because he won't stop being so damn stubborn. I seriously cannot count the number of times I have tried eliminating his stubborness. Doesn't happen. Sometimes he's moodier then a hormonal pregnant woman.

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?
Yeah, all five of them play big parts, with Brian obviously playing the lead. Although with the original story line, the other four were only going to make minor appearances in the beginning.

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol
Does it have to be of the same general story content? Because I'm totally on a "Satan's Playground" kick by Reb. It delves in the paranormal and I dig that kinda stuff. She writes it great also. Does that answer count?

Also, my response to the December Challenge is another good read...I think? LoL. It's pretty funny...again I think? It's called "Could Be Worse".
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 04:42:10 PM »

August 2008 - In Pieces by Sakabelle

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8805

Something that no one else knows?  There's a lot of things haha, there's one big thing, but it's a big spoiler for the end, so I won't say what it is, except for the fact that the ending is totally opposite from what I originally planned it out to be.  Oh, also when I was writing this story I absolutely had to have a bottle of that Arizona Iced Tea to drink.  I don't know why, but before I sat down to write I would always go down to the corner store to get one, haha.  That's not really about the story.. but maybe all the sugar/caffeine is what helped me churn out updates so quickly

About six weeks, no jokes.  It's not too long of a story, but I was on a major update roll, and this story wrote itself very very easily.  I remember churning out a chapter every couple of days.  Those were the days lol

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.
Hmm...
Back in 2001, Ashleigh and Nick had a fling, leaving her wanting more.  When the two cross paths once again during the Unbreakable tour, will she fall back into his arms, or will she be able to get over him once and for all?

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?
Well I would obviously have Nick star as himself.. for Ashleigh I think I would have Reese Witherspoon because she just strikes me as quite innocent and sweet but with a little bit of an edge (just a little bit) and for Joey, maybe Eliza Dushku or someone like that. 

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?
I never seriously thought of giving it up, but a struggled a bit with the ending and wasn't sure what to do with it.  But I was fairly motivated with this story, (mostly because it was my first one to get a lot of reviews) so I never seriously thought of giving it up.

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)
This was the first story I ever actually outlined.  The reason for that is it's really two separate stories - the story of Nick and Ashleigh's past, and the story of when they meet up again in the present.  Each chapter alternates, and the events somewhat parallel each other.  In order to accomplish that, I had to outline every chapter first to make sure it matched up.  This because an issue when I changed my ending, because I had to add more chapters to the present so some of the past chapters are a bit flat and full of filler.  But hopefully what I added to the present made up for the lack of excitement in the past.

That's a toughie!  I love all my characters in this story... I think I'm going to give you two separate answers.  In the past scenes, my favourite character was Ashleigh.  She was just so teeny and hilarious to write.  She was completely over the top, so that made her a lot of fun.  I was worried she'd come off as unbelievable, but it seemed to work. 
For the present, my favourite character is probably Nick.  He was incredibly sweet and showed a lot of growth and maturity from the past (not that Ashleigh didn't, but Nick.. more so.) So yeah, I'd go with him. 

Can I give you two answers again?  Well I'm going to
For the past, it would probably have to be Nick.  He was just such an oblivious douchebag.  Ashleigh was clearly in love with him and he was pretty much just using her so he wouldn't have to deal with his own issues.  It annoyed the hell out of me to have to write him like that, but it was necessary.  Plus, if he hadn't been a jerk in the past, there really would be no story for the present
In the present, my least favourite is Matt, Ashleigh's jerkface fiance.  He treats her like crap, and is a real indecisive controlling jerk.  But I'd be lying if I said it wasn't fun to write his scenes, particularly his last one 

Yep, they're all there!  And they all served an important purpose, too.  Brian and Kevin of course had their wives, making Nick jealous, which caused him to pick up Ashleigh in the first place.  AJ and Howie were around to keep Joey company while Ashleigh went off gallivanting with Nick.  AJ was also around to offer Nick advice in the present, when he does meet up with Ashleigh again.

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol
Well, if you liked this one I'd hope that you'd check out the sequel to it called My Happy Ending.  It's a lot sadder than In Pieces, but I felt like I did a much better job with it.  It develops the characters a lot more, and gives you more insight to their personalities now.  Plus the plot is a bit better since I didn't have to alternate between two points in time
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 03:10:55 PM »

October - Satan's Playground by rebellious_one
http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8556

One thing about this story that no one else knows? Hmm... I guess the fact that this story has been in the works for years now. Lets just say that I first started writing this story when I was like... 12 or something, and I'm 18, turning 19 in a few days. I felt the beginning part was highly unrealistic and thought my immature writing shone through like crazy (I mean, I did get the Witch Trial period wrong, lol.) but I was too lazy to go back and improve it, so I let it stay and just decided to have my writing improve as the years went on.

Well, seeing that I'm not done with it, actually nowhere near being done (I think), like I said this story has been in the works for quite some time. This story was an off and on project, and it took me forever to grow some imaginary balls I don't have and post it on the net for the world to see. I first posted it over at Vaffel.com.

Ugh... I'm sooo not good at summaries. Okay, lemme try.
All five Backstreet Boys are sent to a haunted location. Nick is the damsal in distress who always finds himself in peril; Brian is the religious bible thumping brother who tries to suppress his fear; AJ is the bad ass that's willing to take on anyone, even ghosts; Howie, being the sweet guy he is, tries to find out how people died and try to help them rest in peace; Kevin is possessed. This all goes down on Satan's Playground. Read to find out more...
Totally kidding. Okay, here's my real crappy attempt at a second summary.

"Fear is only as deep as the mind allows"
~ Japanese Proverb

They agreed to leave everything they knew behind and enter a part of the world where the restless departed still lived on. They agreed to be documented as they all faced their fears by playing with life and the living dead. They agreed not to scream, but 'fear' had changed the game. Welcome to Satan's Playground.
Told you I suck at writing summaries.

Hmm... the cast would probably be...
Kevin Richardson - Christian Bale (because everyone insists they have a resemblence, and Christian was in Batman. )
Howie Dorough - Antonio Banderas (because he was the first that popped up when I googled "spanish actors")
Brian Littrell - Sean William Scott (for some reason I always think of Brian when I see him, and we need a comedian to keep it light)
AJ McLean - Mark Wahlberg or Robert Downey Jr. (because they're both sexy as hell and sooo freaking bad/kick ass!!)
Nick Carter - Aaron Carter (what can I say? Aaron's beginning to remind me of Nick!) Nah... maybe Leonard DiCaprio.

I haven't really thought about giving it up, because it was one of my first stories that I wrote at a young age and this was the first story I wrote so young and actually fell in love with. I have threatened to delete it/discontinue it though, lol *glaces at Ash*. Actually, there was this one time where I wanted to discontinue it because I was just frustrated with the fact that I had no idea where the hell I was taking this story, but after receiving encouraging reviews from people (both from vaffel and absolutechaos), it drove me to continue and helped me to realize just because I don't have an idea right now as to where I want to take the story doesn't mean an idea won't come to me sometime later down the road. I remember having the "discontinue" chat with someone, lol. I was surprised even with the childish sounding beginning (I personally think the beginning part of the story is ridiculous and childish, lol.) people were still getting a kick outta reading it and enjoying it and actually getting a bit SCARED. That seriously took me by surprise because I seriously didn't think I could captivate 'fear' in words and actually have people a bit scared, so that was really cool.

My writing process... well, besides being inspired by the MTV show, "Fear", I basically made up everything as I went along, lol. I didn't have a set outline as to what would happen and how it would happen (I never do have that kind of... organization system when I write my stories) I just grabbed my pen, and with the inspiration in mind, I started to write and just went wherever my mind took me. I can definitely say that it wasn't really me writing it, but at the same time it wasn't really my characters. Okay, what I just said did not make ANY sense, lmao.

My favorite character in this story would be... probably Kevin. Yes, the possessed one, lmao. The reason I say this is because he's totally looked at as the leader of the pack, the one everyone turns to when something goes wrong, the one everyone can depend on, the one that seems to hold himself so well and could possibly face fear without wavering or whatever. But after he was possessed by that spirit, everything changed and he just turned into this horrible person that no one could depend on, no one could turn to, no one could stand being around, and no one no longer knew him. Kevin was experiencing a bit of... Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. Anywho, the reason why he's my fave is because even though this demonic possession that's taking his body over, the real him is at this inner battle with the demon and is willing to do whatever he can to protect his brothers, I mean, he did beg his cousin to off him. Oops, I spoiled that, didn't I?! LOL. But yah, he's at this great battle with vulnerability, weakness, himself, the demon possessing him, etc... and it's nice to shine some light on Richardson from time to time and breaking him away from his stereotypical titles.

My least would have to be George Pelowski, and that's simply because of all the hell he's putting the boys through (mostly Kevin).

All the boys are in my story, and I prefer writing my stories with ALL the boys in them... makes it better, haha!!

Fan Friction by honey - Ashley (MonkeyAbu) left me a review one day, saying I have a twisted mind and after reading Fan Friction, I realize that twisted minds isn't such a bad thing after all, lol.
Breaking The Unbreakable by starbeamz2 - Simply because I LOVE what I read so far and I would love to read another update, lol.
Phantasm by a whole bunch of authors - I gotta admit, this story is creepy and twisted, lol.
Pages: 1 [2]