Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Featured Story for July 2007 - Pandora's Box by Nick's Gal  (Read 28758 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

So here we are in July and this month I decided to go with a sci fi fantasy story.

I'm sure Dee will be happy to jump in and answer any questions anybody has about this story and some of her other ones and as always i'll be jumping in and out as Oprah so congrats Dee and I hope you enjoy your month!

Here is the link to the story

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=6894

:)

p.s. Because you always say no one reads your stuff I was expecting to see maybe three reviews for this story. You have 96, so stop complaining! lmao  :P ;D
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Featured Story for July 2007 - Pandora's Box by Nick's Gal
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 07:14:14 AM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

moppy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 07:48:21 AM »

;D Ohh I'm still bloody waiting for this to be finished!!!

Nice questions too Mare, hell i even thought of one but not sure whether its the same as question 6 and just different wording.

Q ~ How did you come up with this story line? What were the influences for the characters?

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 10:23:33 AM »

Congratulation s.. and jubilations! I want the world to knoooooooooow. .. ;D
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 12:31:37 PM »

Yay!!!!!! Dee!!!!  :-* And you thought no one loved you... I was excited to see this one featured because now it will motivate me to catch up quickly and maybe Dee will decide to finish it!!  I will have lots to say about this story later, but for just a quick note since I don't have a lot of time, I just want to say, don't be afraid to read this story because it says fantasy.   I'd never read a fantasy before I started reading this one, but I have really enjoyed it all the way through. Dee has a great way of creating this magical world and pulling you into it. It's fun to read because it's so different. I hope you give it a shot  ;D

Yay Dee!!!! Congrats hun!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 04:04:12 PM »

Yay! *does an excited happy dance* I'm so thrilled to be featured!!!! Well, first I just wanted to say, if you're new, I am editing the first few chapters as I go along, Chapter three is in reprogress right now, so... But it's just expansion, so don't feel obligated to wait until I'm done. The story is basically the same. :)

The only reason it has ninety-six is because everyone who reads it reviews like every chapter, and it's kind of long. :D I'm excited, I have some questions to go back and respond to.

*giddy sqee*

*bows* Thank you so much everyone for your consideration and well wishes.

(A note from the future: If you want to read more about PBox or its sequel PNecklace, there's more in my update thread.)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 03:55:22 PM by nicksgal »
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 04:18:34 PM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows? Hmmmm.... I'd say how it's going to end and what it was inspired by... But since it's not finished, that's a secret. ;)

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story? Well, I started writing it on September 25, 2005 and I'm still writing it. I think I may have to pull an all weekender after finals and finish it up... I do have chapter forty-six almost completed... Then only four left... Aside from my revamping of course...

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in. Ah geez... And I was really happy with how finite the summary got...

A war plagued by war and sadness.

A place of only unending darkness.

A box that held them all in chains.

A woman who would rather eat cake and worry about exams was thrust into this world of only shadows and she came upon a demon tortured beyond all reprieve. The legendary Pandora... The one who must open the box and rescue them all. But, how would the world be saved when they were thrust against their comrades and the mysterious God loomed over them?

What would they remember when the box was opened? What would they lose and gain? And how much would they suffer?

Well, there's a reason I finally settled on the summary I did. :D I hate spoilers.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?
Hmmmmm.... Well the Boys would play themselves... and so would their adversaries... As for Minako and Renee... I don't really know. I used paintings to depict the priestesses anyway, so I don't really have a clear "celebrity image" of who they ought to be.

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it? :D You had to ask this question... More times than I can count, particularly when I wanted to give up on writing all together. But, it's almost done so... I want to make it fabulous. Rewritign the beginning is really rekindling my love for it. I guess what made me continue was that in the beginning I was writing it for me... But for everyone, because of it's hidden message... And I guess in my deepest hopes, I still wanted everyone to love it just as much as I did. So, it needs to be finished for everyone to understand it liek I do. :)

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol) I am Tonja and I plagarized. Kidding... It just sort of appeared in my head one day and I wrote it as I went. I've known how it would end by about half way actually, so... ironically enough I did finally write down my ideas for the end. But otherwise, it jsut kind of comes as I go. I never ouline an entire chapter though, just the basic ideas. So the dialogue and individual events is all on the spot.

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why? It's a toss up between Nick and Renee, because they both have so many facets to them. They're interesting.

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite? God... Because I can still never figure him out fully.

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them? Yup, all the Boys are in it. :) They have to be, the stroy wouldn't work otherwise.

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol Hmmmm.... I'd say anything by Watase-sensei. My favorite is Ayashi no Ceres ("Ceres: Celestial Legend" in America)... But PBox is probably a lot more like Fushigi Yuugi. They're comics though... So I doubt you would love them. :D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 04:24:29 PM »

;D Ohh I'm still bloody waiting for this to be finished!!!

Nice questions too Mare, hell i even thought of one but not sure whether its the same as question 6 and just different wording.

Q ~ How did you come up with this story line? What were the influences for the characters?

i can never be too sure what people think of it. :D Especially after the last chapter I recieved no feedback... So I worry how the rest of it will go down... ^_^; But I'm really glad you enjoy it. ;D It is a bit "out there" after all.

I think it's different, so I'll answer. :)

Let's see... As to how I came up with it, I promise it will be totally clear once the story is over. Everything I meant to express will be understood then. I think when you really bring the story to it's elements, it's not complicated at all. It's really just the "Bwahahahaha! I kill you with my super special awesome demonic powers!!!!" stuff that makes it seem complicated. :D

As to the influences for the characters... It was the Boys and how their personalities might be warped in the situation of the world. As to the girls... I don't really remember... I think I was having an argument with one of my friends when I started, but... I think it really was all about the situation... Who would be a respectable, non-cliche hero... Who would be an apropriate adversary... How certain elements affect certain personality types... Will the happy go lucky always be such? Will the cool and collected always stay that way? Things like that.
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 04:27:47 PM »

Yay!!!!!! Dee!!!!  :-* And you thought no one loved you... I was excited to see this one featured because now it will motivate me to catch up quickly and maybe Dee will decide to finish it!!  I will have lots to say about this story later, but for just a quick note since I don't have a lot of time, I just want to say, don't be afraid to read this story because it says fantasy.   I'd never read a fantasy before I started reading this one, but I have really enjoyed it all the way through. Dee has a great way of creating this magical world and pulling you into it. It's fun to read because it's so different. I hope you give it a shot  ;D

Yay Dee!!!! Congrats hun!

I guess people love me in far off hiding places. ;) Maybe it will motivate me to finish it more quickly. :D I was always going to finish it... I just think my brain needed a break... Being a Yuugiou fangirl again helped a lot... Those demons are really torturous beings.

Aww, I hope everyone listens to you. :) I know it's an odd concept, but... it was a lot of fun to write. :)
~*Dee*~

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 09:50:09 PM »

Dee I'd ask you a question but I figured out the secret idea behind it and I'm afraid to give it away to others. 

I guess I could ask, once PBox is finished do you have another project lined up to take it's place?
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2007, 10:10:43 PM »

Well... I was going to start a Yuugi x Yami doujinshi, but....

There were originally about three additions to the story, but... We'll see how I feel about them after finally finishing this one. *shrug*
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 11:21:15 PM »

I just wanted to let you all know that I'm currently toiling away on the next true, actual new chapter update...

I just keep distracting myself... It's about a third completed though, so... Maybe it'll be done tonight. :) If not, it's waiting until the weekend after finals... I just don't have to go to one of my classes tomorrow, so...
~*Dee*~

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 03:31:16 PM »

Yay! I told you this is prolly just the inspiration you need to knock this baby out!

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 04:49:21 PM »

You would think so... But that chapter obviously didn't get finished. :D
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 06:31:42 PM »

okay I have a question for you Dee

Where did you come up with the idea for this story?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8