Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Featured Story for July 2007 - Pandora's Box by Nick's Gal  (Read 28767 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Featured Story for July 2007 - Pandora's Box by Nick's Gal
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 08:09:16 PM »

I dreamed it one day. Those are the only dreams I remember, the really vivid, epic ones.... Because I'm a big dork or something. :D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 09:41:20 PM »

You would think so... But that chapter obviously didn't get finished. :D

Yea but you still have the whole month here!

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 10:00:33 PM »

Yea but you still have the whole month here!

It's really stupid actually, because I know exactly what's supposed to happen, I just can't seem to get from point A to point B... And if I write out of order, I know I'll never go back, so...
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 11:13:07 AM »

It's really stupid actually, because I know exactly what's supposed to happen, I just can't seem to get from point A to point B... And if I write out of order, I know I'll never go back, so...

I definitely know what thats like! And I can't write out of order either. My best advice would be to just try to plow through it. Nine times out of ten those parts are the mostly filler parts and you're just itching to get to the bigger more climatic (is that even a word? lol) parts. Keep telin yourself that if you want to get to the big ending scene you need to set the stage first as boring as that might seem.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2007, 11:33:39 AM »

Okay I have a question for everyone else out there... kind of so we can start a discussion or something. 

How did you like the introductions to each of the BSB characters in the story?

I have to admit that Nick's was the most drawn out, and I found myself skimming parts but then going back to re-read cause it made no sense later *laughs and kicks self for skimming to begin with*  I was soooo very confused by Nick at the beginning but I believe that you are supposed to be confused to help give you some sense of confusion that Minako is going through at the same time.

I love that Howie is the 2nd to be introduced and is in the story for such a long time. I definately think that Dee captured him if he were to be in that kind of role I see Howie in that light. 

Brian's introduction was supposed to be a "surprise" but with the banter between the two and how he was dressed it was not a surprise to me. I love the conversation between the two; despite Nick's anger (I find he has a lot of anger in this story)

I was not expecting Kevin's introduction and again I found myself confused and having to re-ready (yes I did not learn my skimming lesson).  Making him a guardian, such a role to fit the oldest I believe. And again Nick shows his anger... lol while Kevin just continues on his quest to get the answer he is looking for for them to pass. 

A.J. kind of baffled me some, I don't know why but I didn't like th fact that he is/was friends with Joey. Okay don't get me wrong they can be friends if they want but I didn't see how this would come to play later in the plot. I found that it made me think of A.J. as weaker then the rest... I don't know why, it's my opinion. 

So what all did you guys think of how they were introduced?  Please go into how she portrayed them in the entire story if you like. I'd be interested to see if anyone else had the same ideas as me.

Also raise your hand if you dislike Minako *raises hand* we'll discuss and join a club together. :-D
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2007, 12:18:04 PM »

Hmm... Its been quite a while since I read the character introductions, so I may have to reread them and get back to you here. The only thing I remember is I think I was confused on the fact at first that Nick was a demon complete with horns, claws, and wings... Just cuz yea that's not how i usually picture Nick lol

As far as Minako I don't really have any reason to hate her. I don't think i'm like in love with her, but she seems like a prett solid character. The only main characters i tend to hate in fics are the ones that just come across as whores or who have no depth to them.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2007, 12:29:27 PM »

The only thing I remember is I think I was confused on the fact at first that Nick was a demon complete with horns, claws, and wings... Just cuz yea that's not how i usually picture Nick lol

Aww!! I want to see a picture of him as a demon lol. Dee did you draw any sketches for this story?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2007, 01:32:33 PM »

I definitely know what thats like! And I can't write out of order either. My best advice would be to just try to plow through it. Nine times out of ten those parts are the mostly filler parts and you're just itching to get to the bigger more climatic (is that even a word? lol) parts. Keep telin yourself that if you want to get to the big ending scene you need to set the stage first as boring as that might seem.

Well, as sad as it is, I'm actually at the climax. :D *kicks self for being a horrible unmotivated author* But right now I'm drawing in my sketchbook for school, and having a lot of fun (well, right right now, I'm eating lunch, hence why I snuck on the computer... shhhh), but once again I procrastinated, so I have to finish like 43 and a half drawings by tomorrow... Somehow... ^_^;
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2007, 01:34:38 PM »

Aww!! I want to see a picture of him as a demon lol. Dee did you draw any sketches for this story?

I do have a few dork sketches, but there's one pretty good one... I'll go get it.
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2007, 01:40:14 PM »

Unfortunately, it's not a very good scan of the image, but... This is some time after chapter nineteen... Or at least, his outfit from that chapter onwards...

PBox Nick

And just for some amusement, here is a chibi Nick I colored with markers. :D:

Chibi PBox Nick

Those are basically the non-sketchy ones... I have a lot of sketchy sketches, but... None are acanned or anything, so...
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2007, 02:19:23 PM »

^ oh my gosh those are awesome Dee *hugs demon Nick lol*

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2007, 02:29:26 PM »

:D I'm glad you think he's cute.

I guess I should point out that hopefully Nick's description/introduction is no longer so vague... I edited that chapter up, so... There's a bit more to it now... It's filled with religious references though...
~*Dee*~

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2007, 05:06:02 PM »

As far as Minako I don't really have any reason to hate her. I don't think i'm like in love with her, but she seems like a prett solid character. The only main characters i tend to hate in fics are the ones that just come across as whores or who have no depth to them.

She has depth, yes but she just doesn't, isn't, someone I like. *shrugs*  I find that I don't have to like the main character to keep reading most times. I don't know ... there is something about her I don't like. Could be her attatchment to Nick and that whole part. Perhaps if there was no love between the two I might like her better. I realize part of the plot wouldn't work then but yeah... *nods* I think she can be sort of whiny at times.

And yes I've told Dee all this before so it's not like I'm bashing her now and Dee knows nothing about it. Dee and I have discussed my feelings for Minako before. :-D
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2007, 05:15:42 PM »

Whiny... :p

And yes, I know how much you loathe her... I hope you don't mean to start an entire discussion on that. :D
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2007, 06:53:29 PM »

my theory on hating a character only means that you have done a great job at creating a real three dimensional person or demon in this case? And that takes skill. I always take things like that as a huge compliment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8