Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Featured Story for July 2007 - Pandora's Box by Nick's Gal  (Read 28765 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Featured Story for July 2007 - Pandora's Box by Nick's Gal
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2007, 02:00:15 PM »

It rarely happens so it kind of caught me off guard. :D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2007, 02:05:46 PM »

But Mare asked if what readers write influences what I write. I don't really change anything because my readers never really say what they think ought to be changed. I'm hoping that means everyone who reads it thinks it's fine as is. :D

You mean all that feedback I gave you in IM's went one ear and out the other :p ... j/k I never thought you would change anything off my feedback cause it wasn't anything you could change without changing the story.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2007, 03:01:46 PM »

It didn't but... Again, it was pronbably too late for most of it to go in without it causing a cataclysmic reaction of nonsensicalnes s.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2007, 11:20:37 AM »

Awww, it's alright. I amused myself by being bored. :D

Yup, I've known basically how it would end since I started it, I think I changed it once... But that's the end it's heading towards now. Anhy avid readers will now think I'm a sadist. :D

No, I don't let them influence what I write mainly for the fact that no one tells me what they want to happen. The greatest amount of feedback I ever get is when parts of it confuse Kelly... Then I go back and clarify those parts. My readers don't really seem to care what it is I write or how fast I write it. *shrug*

Well, there are technically three parts following it, the second story in the series is suppossed to be the events prior to PBox (it's called "Pandora"), the third is the events directly after it (it's called "Pandora's Necklace", and the fourth is some time in the future (it's called "Ragnarok")...
Whether or not I actually end up writing them in a timely fashion is yet to be seen though... In the context of the story, they ouht to be there, I think... But they aren't entirely necessary... They would just round out the existence of Nick to it's complete form.

Really, I'm horribly unmotivated... I do have a fanfic I'm kind of excited to write, but it's a totally different fandom....

If you do end up writing those sequels which would you start with?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2007, 04:47:05 PM »

If you do end up writing those sequels which would you start with?

"Pandora." :) It's the one that ought to come next. I think the readers lose something by heading toward the future without knowing the past. :)
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2007, 04:56:46 PM »

"Pandora." :) It's the one that ought to come next. I think the readers lose something by heading toward the future without knowing the past. :)

Oooh that's a pretty good quote Dee.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2007, 05:18:53 PM »

Thanks. :D I can be pretty intelligent when I want. ;D
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2007, 05:21:30 PM »

LOL

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2007, 01:18:51 AM »

Yay, PBox has gotten one hundred reviews.

Anyone want to add to the fun and post their thoughts here? :)
~*Dee*~

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2007, 01:50:23 AM »

yay I was # 100 and I almost left you a note... but then I forgot when I was reading the next chapter... anywhoo, YAY for 100 reviews!! (and Dee says she's not loved)  :P  Like five more chapters and then I will be caught up and I will have to collect all my thoughts before I post them here. While you seem to enjoy my ramblings Dee, I'm pretty sure no one else wants to hear that.  :D
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2007, 03:11:08 AM »

Sure they do. :)

And it's okay, I left a note for everyone to enjoy. :)

Meanwhile, Rose keeps reminding me that I have to update at least once while it's featured. :D
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2007, 10:21:09 PM »

okay guys we're heading into our last full week to discuss this story. (I can't even believe July is almost over! Eeep!! Where did this summer go? lol) So don't forget if you have any thoughts or questions you should get them in soon-ish.

Dee anything behind the scenes you care to share? Things you changed, mistakes you made? Things no one else would know?

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2007, 11:09:39 PM »

Well... It's not finished yet... I plan on getting out the rest of the chapters in the next few days, actually. :)

But... Probably the biggest change I made was that Nick was suppossed to die in the end.... Like, flat out, the entire ending was based upon his death....

But about half way through... Around Chapter Fifteen, he said "Hell if I'm dying." Thus, he and I continued in a constant struggle for his death... In the end, he won... And I guess the story is better for it....

As for the rest of it... I guess you'll just have to wait and see. :)

It'll most likely be in the works this weekend... I have a one-shot I need to work on, but... Otherwise, this will be it...

I'll still be editting up the old chapters, of course. :)
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2007, 07:46:56 PM »

aww good for Nick! He is a stubbourn guy isn't he? That happened to me as well for a story. Glad to hear you'll be finishing it up and Rose is right, you should update at least once while you're featured lol and congrats on reaching 100 reviews.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2007, 10:43:44 PM »

I don't think stubborn even begins to describe him. :D
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8