Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Featured Story for July 2007 - Pandora's Box by Nick's Gal  (Read 28538 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: Featured Story for July 2007 - Pandora's Box by Nick's Gal
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2007, 12:35:28 AM »

aww good for Nick! He is a stubbourn guy isn't he? That happened to me as well for a story. Glad to hear you'll be finishing it up and Rose is right, you should update at least once while you're featured lol and congrats on reaching 100 reviews.

Bolding the best part for posterity lol.

Or just cause I'm a brat. You decide hehe.  ;D
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2007, 12:49:07 AM »

Both. :P
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2007, 02:44:01 PM »

Any final thoughts Dee as your month comes to an end?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2007, 05:48:26 PM »

OK, so I'm getting to this a little late  :D but I wanted to catch up on the story before I posted and I got pretty close but I had a pretty busy month.  So, Here goes...

First off I have to say that this was the first fantasy I've ever read and I was worried at first when I said I would read it, but I really, really enjoyed it. It was very refreshing to read something that takes you so far from the norm of fan fics and this story definitely does that. Dee is very descriptive in her writing and I think that is so important when writing a story like this because she's writing about a whole different world with different characters. Dee did an excellent job at painting that picture for you. It was so visual that I felt like I was there.

I also love the legend she created. More than just a typical story line, there is this whole myth behind what the characters are doing and why they're doing it that brings an epic feeling to the tale. Reading this story is like going on this big important adventure. It's very fun.

Another thing I really like is the interesting relationships in the story. Great character dynamics. Since the boys are not themselves in this you get to see some different dynamics than usual. The two main characters Minako and Nick have a nice romance subplot that is actually vital to the overall plot so it's not like she's just throwing it in there just for the sake of drama. And the relationship between Minako and Renee (the villain or one of them...) is very interesting. (aside from the afore mentioned sexual tension   ;)

Overall I found the story to be exciting, intriguing and a wonderful change of pace. My only problem with it (and it wasn't that big a deal or I wouldn't have kept going) is that it gets a little wordy sometimes and I get lost in the long paragraphs. What I found that worked for me though is reading it out loud. I'm really more of an audial learner anyway. The chapters were also pretty long so I had to plan time to sit down and read them when my kids wouldn't be bugging me. And I think thats the reason it's taken me so long to get through it, but every time I did sit down, she managed to suck me into her world and keep me wanting more, so WELL DONE DEANNA!!

Thumbs up for this story. It's really a fresh, exciting story so I would recommend at least giving it a chance even if fantasy is not your thing. You might be surprised. I know I was. Great job Dee!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2007, 06:08:19 PM »

Any final thoughts Dee as your month comes to an end?

That I'm updating for sure tomorrow after my test. *nod* Look forward to it, everyone.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2007, 06:16:08 PM »

OK, so I'm getting to this a little late  :D but I wanted to catch up on the story before I posted and I got pretty close but I had a pretty busy month.  So, Here goes...

Thumbs up for this story. It's really a fresh, exciting story so I would recommend at least giving it a chance even if fantasy is not your thing. You might be surprised. I know I was. Great job Dee!

Aww, last I checked, you were only two or three chapters away from where I left it off. :) Not far at all.

Aww thanks. I try really hard to make sure everyone who reads it can understand the image of the world. *nod* It's important to me that everyone believes in it as much I do. (not in an odd way, just that it's tangible)

Well, epic tales need epic plots, right?

Yay, the characters are good? *is happy* Characters are almost as important to me as the setting, right underneath it. *nod* And *cough* the Boys are themselves... technically speaking.... And hey, characters need conflicts... Best friends turned enemies is an interesting one. *nod*

I apologize for that. :-[ I'm a little wordy.... :-[ I'm trying to find a way around it in editing.... But I'm glad. *hug*

Thanks for all the kind words, Kelly! *hug*
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]