Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: July Picture Challenge  (Read 16509 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: July Picture Challenge
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 10:50:07 PM »

lol. thank you ladies... I don't know if I can do this... though I guess technically my smallville fic is science-fiction... sort of... 

I will think really hard and come up with something great... or you know, utterly terrible... probably along the lines of attack of the killer tomatoes or something. haha. now would killer tomatoes be mythical creatures? or aliens? or a gardening experiment gone wrong?
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 10:51:32 PM »

lol. thank you ladies... I don't know if I can do this... though I guess technically my smallville fic is science-fiction... sort of... 

I will think really hard and come up with something great... or you know, utterly terrible... probably along the lines of attack of the killer tomatoes or something. haha. now would killer tomatoes be mythical creatures? or aliens? or a gardening experiment gone wrong?

Smallville is fantasy ;) so you have one... :p   killer tomatoes is fantasy cause it couldn't happen... aliens are sci-fi/fantasy because space and other being... gardening experiment gone wrong, yes fantasy. :-D
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2007, 11:01:57 PM »

They could be a magical gardening experiment gone wrong from another planet... Then it would be both. :D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

BSBfan4ever

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 12:31:18 PM »

So if i wrote something on Vampires would that be fantasy? How long is this supposed be ?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 01:28:57 PM »

So if i wrote something on Vampires would that be fantasy? How long is this supposed be ?

I would say yes and lenght doesn't matter as long as it's a short story no more than one chapter long. I would say if in word you go no longer than 8 pages it's a good thing. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

BSBfan4ever

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 04:03:04 PM »

lol ok

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2007, 04:47:22 PM »

Vampires are both fantasy and occult. :)

I love how genres cross lines all the time... ::)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 10:54:18 PM »

Ohhh my vampire fic has Kevin as a main character... but alas the Howie aspect and the reason Kevin is posed that way in the pic is missing *le sigh*
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2007, 03:50:40 PM »

Good luck to u girls... I'm just baffled here so don't look forward to an entry from me lol.

Although those are some particularly alienish shoes that Kevin's got on LOL

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2007, 12:13:58 AM »

OH.MY.GAWD.

i was going for positivity and nodding while i read the terms of this challenge and thinking okay mers, you can do this, all you need to do is think about it for a while...and then i saw the picture at the end! lmao. that will require more brain work, lol.
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2007, 08:12:18 AM »

aww lmao I hope at least a few of us try this one!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2007, 02:50:27 AM »

OK, let's get the ball rollin'...   I'll go first.   Just a quick warning, I had a little too much fun with this challenge!  Muahahahahahah ahahahahahahah ahaha!

*Joins the evil genius ranks or Dr. Rough*

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8523
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2007, 02:52:21 AM »

oh yeah, and did that count as si-fi or fantasy or both?

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2007, 03:48:30 AM »

LOL *feels so alone as the only sci-fi-er in the thread so far*

Fantasy and Sci-fi blur a LOT I've noticed lol. But say a trip to the future? Sci-fi, trip to another universe...lik e a demon one or parallel....fa ntasy.

I was totally okay with this challenge till Mare said Kevin or Howie :p lol

Kelly, just read your fic, about to leave a review, but that was totally sci-fi. Trapped in a video game, thats science fiction. At least by my standards lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2007, 07:59:11 AM »

Nice job Kelly! I think that was leaning more towards sci fi as well but for me personally, that was close enough lol And good for you writing it. I know this one was hard! lol at Zogg. I love that name! Maybe i'll name my first born Lord Zogg one day.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5