Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: July Picture Challenge  (Read 16381 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: July Picture Challenge
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2007, 01:13:48 AM »

hahaha my brain hurts now... but at least I get si-fi.  I might have to go think of another one now and try the fantasy thing too. Maybe that would help me a little more cause yeah, what Mare said... confusing...    but thanks for the article  :) 
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2007, 01:28:16 AM »

It's easy when Wiki has everything. :D

But you're still welcome.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2007, 03:53:02 AM »

I so have an idea, but I've been letting my muse sleep so who knows if I can write it. That and I'm so not used to writing Kevin or Howie lol. But I do have an idea...yay me and my sci-fi addicted mind lol
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2007, 01:30:25 PM »

*has a major brain fart*

Anybody else's brain hur after that long explination??? I think I may have an idea, but I can't guarantee it'll be up anytime soon or if I'll even be able to start it - lol. It all basically depends on if my muse wakes up or not.....

~Lenni~

P.S. But thanks for trying to explain it anyway!
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2007, 08:22:57 AM »

OKay well...I tried to write one. It's probably the dumbest thing i've ever written, but at least I tried lmao

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8536
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2007, 11:24:11 AM »

OKay well...I tried to write one. It's probably the dumbest thing i've ever written, but at least I tried lmao

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8536

haha and mine wasn't? I swear I wasn't trying to mock si-fi writers, I just didn't know how else to do it. 

I was excited to see someone else try this and I'm glad you went fantasy instead of si-fi because it's sort of helped me see the difference a little more. The difference to me seems to be in the tone. The tone feels kind of mysterious or mystical. It's the same way with Pandora's Box. I can't say that's how all fantasy is, because that is the only fantasy story I've ever read, but they felt kind of the same way to me.  I just don't know if I could ever pull that off.

And it's so sad, but you picked a si-fi/fantasy challenge, and not only are less people attempting to write one, but not as many people are reading them either. -lol   Poor Rose and Dee and Lore... now we sort of know how you feel. (on a tiny scale)
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2007, 11:47:17 AM »

haha and mine wasn't? I swear I wasn't trying to mock si-fi writers, I just didn't know how else to do it. 

I was excited to see someone else try this and I'm glad you went fantasy instead of si-fi because it's sort of helped me see the difference a little more. The difference to me seems to be in the tone. The tone feels kind of mysterious or mystical. It's the same way with Pandora's Box. I can't say that's how all fantasy is, because that is the only fantasy story I've ever read, but they felt kind of the same way to me.  I just don't know if I could ever pull that off.

And it's so sad, but you picked a si-fi/fantasy challenge, and not only are less people attempting to write one, but not as many people are reading them either. -lol   Poor Rose and Dee and Lore... now we sort of know how you feel. (on a tiny scale)

I'm not sure if you should use mine as a gauge to tell the difference between the two lol but yes, I think mine leans more towards fantasy. I had to stop myself from making her be from another planet though, quite a few times.  :P

And I just think genres like this one as well as suspense/action and slash/visuals etc... it's just one of those things that you are either going to like them or you're not. I think more people have tried to read than we give credit for sometimes. I just think it's not everyone's cup of tea so a lot of people don't follow through and finish reading the entire thing.

It's sad but it happens and I think the writers like the ones you mentioned above as well as Marina (Yesterday's Blue Skies) kind of understand that. Id' love to see them all write a short so they can show us how it's done. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2007, 12:45:12 PM »

Mare, I liked yours, lol it's a good take on the challenge.

I have an idea, and I want to do it, but my muse is napping lol. But I'm gonna try and see if I can churn out my idea later and spit out a short sci-fi :)

Also, we so do get that its a genre you love or hate. It gets annoying at times lol and frustrating, but we knew it when we started writing it.

Mare, you should nag Marina for a YBS update, since you mentioned her lol, I love that fic hehe
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2007, 02:12:13 PM »

Mare, I liked yours, lol it's a good take on the challenge.

I have an idea, and I want to do it, but my muse is napping lol. But I'm gonna try and see if I can churn out my idea later and spit out a short sci-fi :)

Also, we so do get that its a genre you love or hate. It gets annoying at times lol and frustrating, but we knew it when we started writing it.

Mare, you should nag Marina for a YBS update, since you mentioned her lol, I love that fic hehe

Believe me, I nag her a lot! lol And I hope your muse wakes up.

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2007, 02:52:48 PM »

It was good Mare - a lil' freaky - but good. I scare easily - lol.

My muse is still contemplating the sci-fi idea I had, but it refuses to get it started.

~Lenni~
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2007, 02:23:52 PM »

Okay, you know what's sad? I have the whole idea pretty much worked out in my head, yet when I go to write it down - I can't get it started. Even in my head, I don't know how to start it, but I have the rest of the idea pretty much worked out. Oye vey.

~Lenni~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2007, 06:46:22 PM »

Well, now that my computer is back with it's super special awesome 90 watt power cord.... (rawr)...

I'll probably kick something out this weekend.

It's a genre without love, but... I suppose if not all the genres were represented, fiction would be very boring... And not everyone can be popular... otherwise no one would know what is popular... Or something like that...

*kisses missed Ya-chan icon and continues catching up*
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2007, 02:16:35 AM »

OK, let's get the ball rollin'...   I'll go first.   Just a quick warning, I had a little too much fun with this challenge!  Muahahahahahah ahahahahahahah ahaha!

*Joins the evil genius ranks or Dr. Rough*

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8523

lmao i just saw this link and i've left a review. about Lord Zogg...i dont know why but when he first introduced himself on your fic, i totally said 'hi, im Lord Zogg' instead of 'I'm Lord Zogg'...wtf...he was even waving his hand (im assuming Lord Zogg has arms and not tentacles)...so now i keep thinking your villain is cute, i need help.
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2007, 03:14:54 AM »

cereal box cute I guess. LMAO you do need help. haha just kidding. And I just read yours and reviewed  ;D  Nice one. You had a great "Howie".  These stories are too fun! This was a great challenge Mare.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2007, 08:05:58 AM »

Thanks Kelly :) And here's the link to Mersey's story since she forgot to put it up here and I agree I love Howie in yours Mers. lmao

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8538
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5