Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Poll

Which quality is more important to you when reading a story?

That it's entertaining
That it's entertaining

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25

Author Topic: Realistic vs. Entertaining  (Read 70921 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Realistic vs. Entertaining
« Reply #345 on: July 13, 2007, 04:43:18 PM »

Oh yeah... and I'll be in there somewhere too, making a look of horrified disgust with a hint of amusement.

Good, I can't wait. ;D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #346 on: July 13, 2007, 04:44:17 PM »

I know realistic is winning in the polls, but I think "entertaining" is really our thing. :D

Just because we want to read and write realistically doesn't mean we have to be realistic. :D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #347 on: July 13, 2007, 04:47:14 PM »

aww I missed the sneezing fetish conversation :( lol and yes I woke up at 7 am this morning!! Gah!!

As far as germy kids go, I would say just be prepared to be sick a lot your first full year of teaching. Those little things gave me everything under the sun that first year but after awhile you just start building up an immunity to them. LOL

I had a first grader puke ON me when I student taught.

And Nijntje, I doubt your story is the one that was being talked about, especially if you're talking about Prevailing Fate. I think Dee was referring to one she read a really looong time ago and not on the AC site.

Don't worry, we'll have another fetish conversation some time... Cross my heart. :)

Oh Ra, I already catch every disease known to man.... *shakes head and thinks about building up an imunity*

Ew.

Considering that I didn't even know about AC until February of 2006, it couldn't have been on it. *nod*
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #348 on: July 13, 2007, 04:48:18 PM »

okay here are the two pictures lol

and avy sized lol

Yay!!!! :D
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #349 on: July 13, 2007, 04:49:54 PM »

OH...   MY...   LORD... you guys!    So I have to just tell you that I logged in this morning and saw that this thread now had 22 pages and I thought ...wow somebody got off on a late night tangent...

I think "late night tangent" is an understatement . :D
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #350 on: July 13, 2007, 05:35:11 PM »

I'll go back to the others, but I had to reply to this one first. :P

I read it back when I was like thirteen and it was probably (95% sure here) on the BSBBLVD message board...

Besides, am I honestly mean enough to make fun of people that don't deserve it? No. I'm not.

LOL well that's what I thought... if it WAS Nijntje's, I figured it had to be an old story and you wouldn't have known it was hers, obviously.  I'm glad she was just messing with us, though, or I would have felt bad.  I've got no problem poking fun at teenies who aren't around though. :D  (LOL okay, so I'm mean...)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #351 on: July 13, 2007, 07:37:54 PM »

LOL well that's what I thought... if it WAS Nijntje's, I figured it had to be an old story and you wouldn't have known it was hers, obviously.  I'm glad she was just messing with us, though, or I would have felt bad.  I've got no problem poking fun at teenies who aren't around though. :D  (LOL okay, so I'm mean...)

I would have felt bad too, but luckily, it was a joke. Because these days if people wrote really poor stories in their past, they tend to avoid mentioning they wrote them if people bring them up. :D

Well, I always make fun of teenies... I guess I'm mean also. :D
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #352 on: July 13, 2007, 10:17:43 PM »

lol that is always my biggest fear when we talk about a story on this forum, that somewhere the author is sitting there reading what people are saying and crying.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #353 on: July 13, 2007, 10:23:40 PM »

Aww, I know.

But at the same time, if you are the one writing stories where Nick's kidnapper diagnosing his cancer, maybe that should be a wake-up call?  It only came up in the context of realistic vs. entertaining.. . and I bet that story was really entertaining, so if that's what the author was going for, no big deal! :D

Kinda like me with evil twins and dead characters.  I've definitely written my share of ridiculous storylines, so I'm not judging.  Just laughing.  :D
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #354 on: July 13, 2007, 10:26:30 PM »

Yes same here. I want to write an evil twin story now! Maybe I won't retire just so I can do that! Or someone who has a sneezing fetish and kidnaps Howie and forces him to sneeze all the time and while he's kinapped his evil twin takes his place with the boys and it's HIS fault that Kevin leaves the group!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #355 on: July 13, 2007, 10:29:29 PM »

LMAO!
~Julie

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #356 on: July 13, 2007, 10:49:24 PM »

Yes same here. I want to write an evil twin story now! Maybe I won't retire just so I can do that! Or someone who has a sneezing fetish and kidnaps Howie and forces him to sneeze all the time and while he's kinapped his evil twin takes his place with the boys and it's HIS fault that Kevin leaves the group!

That sounds freakin awesome Mare! LOL I'd SOOO read that!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #357 on: July 13, 2007, 10:55:09 PM »

That sounds freakin awesome Mare! LOL I'd SOOO read that!

lmao i'm still thinking maybe that's what actually happened!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #358 on: July 13, 2007, 10:59:13 PM »

You should write "Based on a true story" after your title.  Just to get people wondering...
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #359 on: July 13, 2007, 11:03:38 PM »

LMAO! Julie and I better make an appearance as the sneezing fetish twins. :D
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25