Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: You know what I hate?  (Read 4809 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
You know what I hate?
« on: July 21, 2007, 12:55:07 AM »

When you think you have a really good idea but then it just doesn't work no matter how you try and write it. I just did that with my new Supernatural fic. I hated how the last chapter turned out and tried to rewrite it a couple of times, but no matter what I did, the idea I wanted to do just wasn't going to work. Pissed me off. I think it's a little better now, but I had to change the entire idea behind what I was trying to do. 

Damn characters having their own personalities and forcing me do it their way! -lol Anyone else ever have that problem?
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: You know what I hate?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 01:21:25 AM »

Remember Nick who refused to die?

Story of my life. :D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 02:06:00 AM »

I have that problem a lot with lines. Like I'll come up with a great witty, funny line for a character to say in a scene and I just can't work it in when I get down to it.

Or I have like what I did with my last UMS chapter where I had this lil part I really wanted to include at the end of the scene and completely forgot about it until after I had posted the chapter lol

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 02:30:15 AM »

I hate that lol.

Cally and Nick were supposed to first kiss far sooner than they did. Nick fought me on that, the brat

I hate when characters nag you when your'e trying to write a paper too! lol.  :P
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 10:21:47 AM »

That happens to me all the time! The characters sabatoge my story and take over. Especially Scars and Protect and Serve. I don't even think i'm writing that one anymore. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 08:19:18 AM »

I hate when characters nag you when your'e trying to write a paper too! lol.  :P

OMG yes! LOL It never ceases to amaze me how inspired I get when I have a paper to write for school that absolutely MUST be done. I think its sort of a lesser of to evils kind of thing.

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 12:08:29 PM »

It really really REALLY sucks when that happens. I have the same problem with lines and stuff.
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 12:14:34 PM »

yeah, my problem is that I'm really a stickler for character motivation. I can't just make my character do something for the sake of the story. If it doesn't make sense for them to be doing it, then I'm screwed and have to figure out a different way of doing it that doesn't take them out of character.  My dialog is never really good enough to worry about whether or not its out of character lol it's usually too generic.  Good dialog writers are my heroes!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 05:55:58 PM »

^ LOL I know what you mean.  I hate that!!  I really need for something to happen for the sake of the story, but... it doesn't really make sense for the characters to do it.  That's an annoying problem to have LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 07:35:11 PM »

I'm worrying about that characters being in character for my new story. :'( *worries*
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 10:02:15 PM »

my characters always take the story in a direction I'm not thinking I'm going. Like in Darkness of Vampires, it was supposed to end after the first one and Kevin was not supposed to be so damn important but alas... he wanted to be important. :-D
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 10:47:28 PM »

my characters always take the story in a direction I'm not thinking I'm going. Like in Darkness of Vampires, it was supposed to end after the first one and Kevin was not supposed to be so damn important but alas... he wanted to be important. :-D

LMAO that sounds like Kevin to me.  :D

DragonStar

• Major Disruption
  • Jeezy Chreezy™!
    • Write On My Soul - My Fic Site
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 11:41:42 AM »

Yeah, I have a really good chapter idea going on right now, but I can't seem to get it to work out the way I want it to. Not sure if it's because the characters aren't cooperating or because of how I'm going about writing the scene lol.
~Dragon*~

Icon by ___iicons on LJ

"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 06:05:49 PM »

AHH! *stabs my lead female character* She just HAD to force me to make her human, didn't she?!

I was trying to write part of a story where the lead female character is supposed to be very omnicient, but she doesn't WANT to be; she wants to be realistic, which totally doesn't fit the story, and she just- GRR!

lol, sorry, got a little carried away there. *smiles sheepishly*

Anyways, yeah, I completely understand how that goes.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 06:07:32 PM by A-RokzStalker »
~ Amy.

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Trying to forget; the pain's still there.
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 02:22:39 PM »

I definitely know what everyone is talking about. I get a GREAT idea in my head... then I start writing it down... and it is NOT like I had thought! So then I abandon it 95% of the time and just work on something I already have going. It's get so damn frustrating...

Dean & Sam Winchester.
Hunters. Protectors. Survivors. Family.
Pages: [1] 2