Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Okay, I really don't know what I'm doing...  (Read 7395 times)

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
Okay, I really don't know what I'm doing...
« on: July 21, 2007, 09:02:22 PM »

Okay, so I'm new to all of this...  :-[ ain't new to writing stories or absolutechaos (well, sorta) but new to this whole... forum thing. Lol. I really and honestly don't know what the hell I'm doing, I just seen this and realized it was a great way to communicate with other authors and whatnot, so I figured, "eh, what the hell, give it a shot." If someone could... guide me through this, that'll be great!!  :)
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Okay, I really don't know what I'm doing...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 09:14:22 PM »

Welcome to the forum. There's really not much to guide. Just brwose through the different threads and topics and jump in when you feel like it. Everyone is really great here so i'm sure you'll have a great time. :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 10:02:22 PM »

Welcome to the forum. :) It's so much fun! I know you'll have a great time! ;D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 02:50:19 AM »

That's it?! Lol. I feel dumb, but I just never engaged in this forum thing. I only surf through Live Daily to get the scoops, never did think about becoming apart of it. But thanks Mare for "simple" guide (lol) and thanks Nicksgal for assuring me that I will have fun in this forum. You guys make me feel oh-so-welcomed.  ;D
~Me

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 03:05:00 AM »

Ooh... LD is fully of harpies... It's so scary... :'(

And it's super specially awesome fun! ;D So you can't not have fun. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 03:11:23 AM »

Lmao. To tell you the truth, I was REALLY thinking about joining LD, because I just enjoy all the drama that occurs on there.  :P But I guess I don't have to join it to enjoy it anymore. Lol. But, I have a really weird question to ask you, or anyone. Where is everyone mainly from?!? I mean, I reside in Hawaii, a far way from everyone else  :-\ and I was wondering the normal time over there in the mainland. Not specifically one place, but in general I guess, you know what I mean?!? Lol. Argh!! I mean, it's like 10:11 p.m. here in Hawaii, so what time is it for you or anyone?!?
~Me

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 12:04:39 PM »

Welcome! Love your avatar!

I'm from the Netherlands and here it's 7.03 pm right now. I think there is a 8 or 9 hour-time-difference between here and San Fransisco, making it 10.03 or 11.03 am over there..
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 12:07:02 PM »

Aloha! I think its kind of hard to pinpoint where everyone is. I would guess that the majority of us are scattered throughout the states, but there's people from everywhere on here.  Personally, I'm in California and I can't be sure without looking it up (which we all know I'm too lazy to do) but I think we're like 2 or 3 hours ahead of you, but aren't you one of those states that doesn't do daylight savings?  Because that would make a difference too. 

Welcome to the board hun! And if you were gonna join a board, this one is way better than LD to be a part of. I've never visited LD but I get warned to stay away all the time -lol  This one is good because we're all pretty much authors here so we have lots to chat about. And there's lots of brilliant people here who've helped me when I get stuck or need some inspiration. Plus, we're all pretty sane... well sort of.  :P Anyway, welcome to the board! Oh, and are you a writer or a reader or both? And is your screen name the same here as it is on AC, or do you have a different author name?

psss... it's 10 here Nijntje, you were right  ;D
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 12:13:40 PM »

Yay for being right! Everyone should ask me that kinda questions instead of the 'who am I'-thread.. I suck at that game rofl ;D

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 12:15:39 PM »

lmao! I'm not doing so well at that either. I haven't read enough.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 12:22:13 PM »

Join the club, we got jackets! ;D

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 07:34:01 PM »

Well, I live in Colorado. :) Right now it's 6:33 PM, but when you posted that message it was about... 2:11 AM.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 07:52:16 PM »

Welcome to the board! ;D

I'm from Illinois.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2007, 08:19:31 PM »

Thanks everyone!! =)

Aloha! I think its kind of hard to pinpoint where everyone is. I would guess that the majority of us are scattered throughout the states, but there's people from everywhere on here.  Personally, I'm in California and I can't be sure without looking it up (which we all know I'm too lazy to do) but I think we're like 2 or 3 hours ahead of you, but aren't you one of those states that doesn't do daylight savings?  Because that would make a difference too. 

Welcome to the board hun! And if you were gonna join a board, this one is way better than LD to be a part of. I've never visited LD but I get warned to stay away all the time -lol  This one is good because we're all pretty much authors here so we have lots to chat about. And there's lots of brilliant people here who've helped me when I get stuck or need some inspiration. Plus, we're all pretty sane... well sort of.  :P Anyway, welcome to the board! Oh, and are you a writer or a reader or both? And is your screen name the same here as it is on AC, or do you have a different author name?

Aloha a hui hou e malama pono! Lol. =P I'm actually a writer and a reader. My name is the same on Absolutechaos and I have five stories posted on here. I made a move from Vaffel, even though I was getting a lot of reviews there, that place was dying down from the buzz they had before. And I actually posted some of my stories on the old library of Absolutechaos like a llllooonnnggg time ago, maybe in 2003 or 2004, when I was a young and immature writer. Lol. But yah. I just wanted to know where people were from mainly, even though I know we're all scattered because timing indeed throws me off. Lol. I feel kinda left out from the world since I'm stuck on these islands!! Argh. But now, I'm actually GLAD that I joined this forum so I can meet new people like you all. It feels really cool connecting with others outside of Hawaii. I was born and raised here, so everywhere seems pretty foreign to me, as weird as it may sound, and I'm just really glad that I'm connecting with you all through this forum! =)
~Me

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2007, 08:29:37 PM »

Hi! I'm Rose, and from Las Vegas. Welcome! Trust me, you'll love it here lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury
Pages: [1] 2