Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: I recommend... (game)  (Read 2247 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
I recommend... (game)
« on: August 01, 2007, 12:50:01 AM »

This board has been unusually slow lately, so I'm starting a new thread.  Here's a game I'm making up.  It's called "I recommend..."

It starts with the original poster naming a certain type of person who is looking to read a fanfic.  Example: a 4th-grader

The next poster has to think of a fanfic to recommend to that person.  Put the title and a link (or if it's on AC, maybe just the penname of the author) and a brief explanation why that person would probably enjoy it.  So for a 4th-grader, you'd want something G or PG-rated, probably not too long or too heavy, with a storyline that would appeal to a kid.

Then that poster gets to name a person for the next poster to recommend a story to, and so on.

So here's the first one:  Your dad
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: I recommend... (game)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 08:22:29 AM »

Cute idea for a game Julie lol I would answer but if my dad was alive I can't see him even considering reading fanfics. But he is in an awful lot of them though lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 09:54:14 PM »

I would recommend "Between the Lines" to my dad because it's about baseball.  I can't see him actually reading a fanfic, let alone a Bsb one, but in theory, if he WAS going to read one, that's one he might enjoy because he likes sports.
http://www.tinylittlerumors.net/storycart/btl/index.html

Next up:  Recommend a Bsb fic to someone who doesn't like the Backstreet Boys.  (Pretending, of course, that this person has agreed to read one.)
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 10:21:29 PM »

hrmm I think that would depend on more of what kind of genre thing they are into.

if I had to force someone to read a BSB fic i'd pick an adventure like Seven Days probably. It's so jam packed with action that it doesn't really matter who the characters are. You don't need to know about the boys to enjoy that story fully.

Recommend a romance story for someone who HATES romance lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 10:43:44 PM »

Good answer, Mare!
~Julie

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 02:52:23 AM »

Recommend a romance story for someone who HATES romance lol

I would have to recommend "Endless Summer Nights" by Mare.

Great Nick story! Made me laugh, made me cry, and seriously, Mare makes Mary Sue look good!

Recommend something for someone in desperate need of a good laugh.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 02:56:24 AM by honey »
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 09:23:47 AM »

I would have to recommend "Endless Summer Nights" by Mare.

Great Nick story! Made me laugh, made me cry, and seriously, Mare makes Mary Sue look good!

Recommend something for someone in desperate need of a good laugh.

Hrmm

I'll give you one long and one short, how's that?

Marly's story: http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/dreamcastle/marly01.htm

and yes I am giving my own link here lmao I never do this you know, but I think this will make you laugh, hopefully lol

Hey Howie - http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=3767

okay someone recommend a story that has one of the guys acting out of character.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 09:36:16 AM by mare »