Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Featured story of the month for August 2007 - By My Side by Julie  (Read 15178 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Featured story of the month for August 2007 - By My Side by Julie
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2007, 12:07:07 PM »

^ lmao i'm the same way. I have never really used lyrics in my stories but I do tend to not read the lyrics when they are posted in a story.

I find if there's a couple lines, like a quote from a song or a small piece of lyrics I will read them but if there's a whole song in there I scroll
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2007, 08:16:58 PM »

You mentioned another story you were working on that ties in with BMS and Broken. Why don't you explain to everyone what that's all about. Also if you could borrow a character from any other story to fit into BMS as a special guest, who would you choose and why?

Yep, the other story is called "Footprints."  It's basically snippets from Claire's life/back story in her point of view (so first person).  A lot of it is stuff that took place before Broken, and soon I'll be getting into some things that happened during Broken, but from Claire's perspective, which we've never seen before.  It's interesting for me to write because I've had all this back story in my head for years, and now I'm actually writing it out in story/journal form (cause it's like Claire is telling the story), and it's very satisfying to do that.  Hopefully it's interesting to the readers too.

For the other question... if I could give anyone else's character a cameo, offhand, I would choose Ciara from "Cover Me With Dreams" because that story had such a huge inspiration on me for BMS, and I really like her character.  I could have totally put her in as a nurse for Casey or something; that would have been cool.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2007, 05:27:59 PM »

Hey all! I can't even believe it, but this is the last week of August already!! Where did August go exactly? lol

So don't forget to post some final thoughts or observations about Broken and BMS. That inclused you Julie, if there's anything you want to share with us concerning the stories. A funny anecdote or anything like that.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2007, 06:22:58 PM »

I knew it would go by fast!  It always does for people who are in school or... teaching school!  LOL

I'm working on BMS as we speak... taking advantage of my free time while I still have it LOL.  Btw, I have a sneak peek up that you should check out, Mare - it doesn't matter if you've read the rest or not.  http://www.dreamers-sanctuary.com/bms189sp.html ;)
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2007, 07:12:36 PM »

LMAO!!! That was awesome.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2007, 09:53:41 PM »

Thank you. ;D
~Julie

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]