Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: The Day I Fall  (Read 2915 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
The Day I Fall
« on: April 19, 2007, 02:08:07 AM »

Yay! I updated!!! My poor muse must have gone on vacation for a couple weeks. But I was happy to have her back :) I've been having a hell of a time writing a Nicky story (as opposed to the female lead) oddly enough though, making it his story not only solved the problem I was stuck on, but changed the over all tone of the story. It's a bit darker now. Strange how that works. But anyway, it's been a very interesting challenge and I am enjoying it, so I must say thank you Mare for pushing me out of my total Mary Sue fluff :D for a spell(though I'm sure I will probably write like three more cheeseball ones to make up the difference -lol)  Can't have the universe out of whack or anything.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

shrinkingviolet

• Captain of Commotion
    • distant . faces
Re: The Day I Fall
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 10:41:43 AM »

*pouts* I like Mary Sue fluff once in a while...  ;)

But I do love your Nick in this story. He just seems so real to me, a far cry from the usual bumbling sex-crazed goofball I normally read. And I do love Rachel. I'm glad she's not into the whole celebrity thing, which poses a challenge to Nick. Keep up the good work! :)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 12:35:16 PM »

don't pout too much-lol I'm sure there will always be lots of Mary Sure Fluff out there. (most of it comming from me ;)) but Thanks, you're a sweetheart. I'm glad you think Nick seems real. I was afraid it might seem like too much. That's been the hardest part of all this, really trying to find Nick as a character. He's kind of a complex guy. I usually write Brian and he seems so cut and dry most of the time, but there are so many different sides to Nick that it's hard to nail him down as a character, ya know? Am I the only one that has that trouble?
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 11:31:00 PM »

LOVE THIS STORY!!!!! WHOOT!!!!!!!!!! *throws confetti*

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 12:52:35 AM »

Ok, I know I said I was going to try to write the picture challenge but I ended up updating this one instead. On the bright side I actually wrote something... on the not so bright sinde, I don't think it pulled me out of my rut... bummer... Maybe I should go start another Brian story... That always makes me happy.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 01:10:06 AM »

OMG it's a miracle! I wrote something! I guess my crazy BSB weekend motivated me after all. Funny though, that after seeing them all in real life I chose to work on this one, but I just have an entirely new perspective of them all now and I wonder if it's going to change my writing style. This weekend was so surreal and just... I don't know the right word... strange I guess. I don't know what I expected, but I really didn't expect what I got. Long story sorry...

ANYHOO I updated this one for the first time in literally months and have already started the next chapter. But I'm curious to see if anyone is still reading it because I hardly ever update. I've been thinking about taking it down because it drives me nuts to have a story  up that I never work on. So, I guess if you want me to keep it up let me know and I'll do my best to update it more regularly. 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 07:36:57 AM »

I hope you plan on elaborating on the BSB story lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 11:12:27 AM »

Haha I wasn't going to say anything really because I don't want to sound like one of those girls that's always like, "Well I've met them so I'm cool."  but since you asked, how about the short version?

This weekend I went to LA and one of my best friends is really good friends with Howie's woman Leigh, and she dragged me with her to Howie's birthday party. (Ok so she didn't really have to DRAG me -lol) I got to go last year, but this year it was different. It was like I was just part of the group. Then we went back to Howie's house for the after party and I basically spent the whole night over there. I can't even tell you how crazy it all was. (But I got to listen to the entire album and some of the songs that wont make it on there!!!!! It's sooooooooo good you guys I can't wait!!!!)

I have really mixed feelings about this weekend. It's like I see them as real people now and not Backstreet Boys and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Nick and Kevin weren't here this year (though they were the ones I spent the most time with last year) so maybe that's why I came home and decided to write about Nick. I dunno. Anyway, that's the gist of what happened this weekend and it really did change me somehow. It's very hard to explain, but I'm just wondering how it's going to change my writing. Will I still want to write about them? Will I write their characters differently? I think I even have a new favorite. (my world is all out of whack! -lol) But I had a great time and they are really great people!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 11:57:38 AM »

aww that's awesome and you don't sound like one of those girls. Although more details would be great since none of us have experieced anything like that.

Howie is just a genuinely nice person and that's the thing with celebs when you spend a lot of time with them out of the spotlight. They are just totally normal people.

i'm glad you had a great time!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 10:21:35 PM »

I am soooo jealous! Lol. I can't even get them on the phone - haha.

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!