Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Code Blue and By My Side  (Read 2237 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Code Blue and By My Side
« on: June 11, 2007, 10:35:53 PM »

Updated both of them on AC tonight, for those that read them there.

In case anyone actually responds to these shameless plugs... ;)

Code Blue is my big medical drama collaboration with Rose, Sarah (starbeamz), and several other incredibly talented writers.  It's intended to be like "ER," but with the Boys as doctors, EMTs, etc.  It's listed as an NSync fic too, but it's really much more of a Bsb fic - the Nsync guys tend to get picked on a lot cause we don't like them LOL.  We have been struggling with updating it regularly, but I will say, it's been going since 2001, and it hasn't died yet, so I have faith that we will keep it going indefinitely. ;)   Check it out if you like medical shows/stories; we're proud of it. :)
http://accidentalchaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8174

BMS is the sequel to my story Broken.  I've probably turned a lot of people off to it because it's listed as a romance and it's incredibly long, but I think the length proves that it's more than a fluffy romance (I can't take too much fluff; I get bored without drama).  The two main characters haven't even been together in about two years of real time LOL.  It's more about a relationship that isn't always necessarily a romantic one and facing continued obstacles that arise from the stuff that happened in Broken.  Don't read it if you haven't read Broken.  And if you haven't read Broken, give it a chance - the first 15 or so chapters suck, but they're short and after that it gets better LOL.
http://accidentalchaos.net/series.php?seriesid=16
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Code Blue and By My Side
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 02:48:37 AM »

I just updated Footprints, which is my little companion to Broken and BMS.  It's basically Claire's backstory, told from her point of view, which may or may not interest you, but it's a nice writing exercise for me, writing out this backstory that's been in my head for four years LOL.  Good practice at first person too, since I hardly ever write in that point of view.  So read it if you're interested, and if you're not, you're not missing anything.

http://accidentalchaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8463
~Julie

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 07:21:38 PM »

Whoa, I didn't even realize that new Code Blue was actually new-new! Here I was thinking, oh I read that way back when it was originally posted, not realizing that there was a recent episode. Wee, something to read!

I guess that's what I get for not reading your site updates when I got back  :P
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 08:21:44 PM »

Hehe, that's okay!  Yeah, it's a NEW-new one, and we've finally gotten together to plan out the next episode, so it shouldn't be too long till there's another new one. ;D
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 03:58:53 PM »

Updated BMS - 2 new chapters, plus the 2 chapters I posted the other day.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 06:59:54 PM »

Updated BMS (major update - I forgot how behind I was on AC LOL) and my old stories Beside the Ocean and You'll Never Walk Alone. :)
~Julie

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 07:33:57 PM »

I hadn't realized that you updated more often on your page than you did on AC, so I just went and caught myself up with BMS and this is all I have to say: awhtguaeufuhur feh!!!!!! It's SO good right now! Not that it isn't always, but it's so great! Nick and Claire seem to never get anything right, do they? I cannot wait for another update from you! I hope you write, write, write!!
Sarah

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 07:46:41 PM »

Yeah, I do... I usually try to stay a chapter ahead of where I am on AC, but sometimes I slack and forget to even update on AC, so I was like 4 chapters behind until today LOL.

Anyway, thanks!!!  I'm glad you're liking where it is right now! ;D  LOL they never do... they're either meant to be, or fate is against them.
~Julie