Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for September 2007 - Proving them Wrong by Starbeamz  (Read 7156 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Well, September is upon us already which is just weird lol And Sarah has returned from being MIA (hopefully) so my choice as featured story this month is Proving Them Wrong. I know it's a favorite of many of you so i'm hoping you'll get a nice discussion going about it.

As always, use this thread as the place to discuss this fic as well as post any questions you may have for Sarah and i'll be in and out with my usual barrage of questions lol

Enjoy :)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Here's the survey you should fill out Sarah, when oyu have the chance!

Here's the survey lol

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary

Yay Sarah!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

Ooh I love this fic. I can't wait to read the survey.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

*yay Sarah!!!*    I was hoping this one would eventually be featured because it's one of the only ones left of Sarah's that I haven't read.  Hopefully I get the chance to read a little this month. I felt terrible last month and didn't get to read the story or finish the challenge. 
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

EEEEEEEHHHH! Aww, thanks guys for making me story of the month! I didn't even realize I'd been picked until I read a review Kelly left me for another story where she congratulated me...but YAY! You'll have to give me a little bit of time with the survey because it's a lot to think about, especially since I'm not really focused on this story at the moment...but answering all your questions will definitely help me get back into this story! so thanks, and i'll be BAAAAACK!
Sarah

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

Okay, Mare. I found some time to fill out your survey...I hope the answers satisfy some of everyone's curiosity LOL

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?
It was inspired by a mix of the story “A Tale of Two Popstars” and Nick’s song “I Got You” LOL I don’t think there’s anything else I can tell you without giving a LOT away

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?
I started it at the end of June of 2006, and it’s taken me the longest to write this one. I think it’s only got maybe ten chapters to go. It definitely wasn’t supposed to take this long…Oh, well!

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.
Ooh, this is hard.  “Two celebrities team up to help each other climb to the top of the entertainment world.  Avoiding the paparazzi, an evil twin who will stop at nothing to ruin their lives, and falling in love with the absolute WRONG person, Autumn and Nick must pull off Oscar-worthy roles while trying to protect each other and their little girl from those who want nothing more than to see them at the bottom…”

Eek. That sucked BIG. I don’t know how to add spoilers without just giving the whole thing away, so that’s all you’ll get LOL

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?
I guess I’d obviously have the Boys play themselves even though not all of them are stellar actors LOL As for Autumn, I’d say Mia Maestro, but only because I love her to pieces! If I could I’d cast my ridiculously smart two and a half year old cousin to play Lily.

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it? Oh, absolutely, I’ve thought of just dropping it. I still was, but then it became the Featured Story, and I would feel guilty if I didn’t keep writing. Honestly, if I didn’t finish it now, though, it would just bother me for the longest time. I like to finish what I start, so that, and the readers!, are what convinces me to keep working.

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)
I start all my stories with a rough mental outline and, as I write, the characters tend to lead me or I’ll have random brainstorms, etc. This story was only meant to be 20 chapters long, and it’s currently at 44, so you can see that it just got out of my control!

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?
Lily. I love kids, and I love writing her. I love how Nick is with her, and the way she brings people together (for example: the way she glued Brian and Nick back together as they bonded over both being fathers). What a cutie pie! Also, she gave me the least amount of grief and demands LOL

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?
Liz. I really wish I hadn’t had her date Nick, but it would be too weird to go back and edit everything, so she’ll always be the whiny best friend who dated Autumn’s now-husband LOL She was a mistake, which is not so nice of me to say, but it’s true.

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?
As much as possible, they’re in this. I’ve had moments with all of them, even Kevin. It would just be strange for me to not include them because Nick’s job is being a Backstreet Boy, so of course they’re a part of his life and must show up somewhere in the story.

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol

Like I said before, “A Tale of Two Popstars” inspired this story, and it’s much better written than mine is. It’s a great story, and I read and re-read it all the time! It’s just got all the elements of a story that were sure to suck me in: drama, angst, humor, romance, and the Boys LOL It’s just a fabulously written story, and I love, love, love it!
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Yay thanks Sarah :)

I'll be back with some questions later on in the week!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Hey Sarah,

Okay I have some questions for you lol

Sorry about the delay but September is really a crazy, busy month for me.

1. Is this an AU? Is Nick in the Backstreet Boys or is he just a solo pop star?

2. Did you base Autumn on anyone you know? 

3. What made you decide to use an evil twin in this story? (I am basing that question on your survey lol)

4. What made you decide to make Nick and Autumn's baby a little girl instead of a little boy? And how important was adding the element of a child into this story for you?

:)

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion

Just popping to say congratulation s Sarah! I'm so happy to see this story featured this month. You're one of the few authors who I can say have improved immensely as a writer in the time that I've been reading your work. And Proving Them Wrong was always a great story, but I didn't really get pulled in until the whole "false" marriage. I thought that was SUCH a creative idea and I love it! It's very Hollywood.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

Ooh, good questions, Mare ;D

1. Is this an AU? Is Nick in the Backstreet Boys or is he just a solo pop star?
Nope, this isn't an AU. The Boys are alive and well and together. So Nick's a part of the group.

2. Did you base Autumn on anyone you know? 
Nope.

3. What made you decide to use an evil twin in this story? (I am basing that question on your survey lol)
It was either an evil twin or just a sibling, but I needed someone from Autumn's past, so the evil twin worked and it turns out that it's exactly what I need for what's coming up!

4. What made you decide to make Nick and Autumn's baby a little girl instead of a little boy? And how important was adding the element of a child into this story for you?
Well, Lily isn't Nick's kid at all, he's just her stepdad for a year or so (or, at least, that's how the marriage contract is supposed to work). I thought about a little boy, but then I thought that there was already a little boy in the Backstreet camp, so a little girl it was! Adding a kid just makes everything a little more complex for Nick since he's in love with this adorable little girl already but can't seem to figure out her mom. I just wanted to add layers to the relationship and give Autumn a little more of a background, too.

I hope those answers are good and satisfy everyone's curiosity LOL I'm really trying to work on getting a chapter out this month, but it's looking as though my work load is going to be HUGE this semester, so I don't even know if there will be that many updates overall from me...but I'll try!
Sarah

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

So I didn't work on any of the huge amounts of work that I already have to do for school and decided to write a new chapter of Proving Them Wrong. I must admit, being Featured Story definitely gave me some inspiration, so thanks! And, for those of you who read it, I hope you enjoy! (And ask questions, too!)
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

That's excellent news Sarah! I'm glad it helped :)

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

I updated again! I'm on a roll with all this PTW writing! I kinda can't believe it myself, but, well, all of the attention probably encouraged me to keep writing! I know a lot of readers won't be happy with the way I ended the last chapter and started the next one, but I guess I just have to say that I really don't like writing love scenes and avoid them as much as possible. That being said, I hope readers still enjoy!
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Wow! You are on a roll!! Good for you :) *hands you a gold star*

Here's another question for you

If you could change one thing about PTW what would it be?
Pages: [1] 2