Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for September 2007 - Proving them Wrong by Starbeamz  (Read 7150 times)

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

thanks, mare! ;D

hmm, if i could change one thing about the story, i guess i'd change the way i dragged out certain parts of it and added more details than were necessary. that's probably my biggest regret.  if i had just stuck to the initial outline i'd had, i wouldn't have kept adding little parts of the story that were random brainstorms that were so not needed. but, alas, it has been done, and now i must reap what i have sown LOL it's okay. it's not that bad. at least i'm almost done *crosses fingers and knocks on wood*
Sarah

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

Can I just add that I LOVE when readers write reviews for PTW in which they desperately want me to just make Autumn pregnant already so that she and Nick will fall in love and live happily ever after? :-\
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

aww see, you can always just take those reviews as compliments. They are so into your story that they want to write it for you lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment

LOL I love PTW as you've probably noticed from my reviews and Sarah dude! You're mean some times (no offense lol) just I get so into the story since you write it so well and you really feel for the characters but at the same time want to smack em upside the head and be like "you're falling in love HELLO!" LOL but honestly I think that's a sign of a great story. Where it makes you empathize with the characters AND makes you want it to work out for them.
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Okay i'm back with a few more questions for you Sarah lol

Have you ever changed your mind about something in the story AFTER you posted it? And if so did you change it or leave it as is?

What has been your favorite scene to write so far?

What about the hardest scene?

Do you have a favorite line?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

LOL I love PTW as you've probably noticed from my reviews and Sarah dude! You're mean some times (no offense lol) just I get so into the story since you write it so well and you really feel for the characters but at the same time want to smack em upside the head and be like "you're falling in love HELLO!" LOL but honestly I think that's a sign of a great story. Where it makes you empathize with the characters AND makes you want it to work out for them.

Aww, Teri! Thanks so much! *cackles evilly* I love being mean because it just means more people will be on the edge of their seats LOL I'm really glad you're enjoying the story.  PTW and I have a love-hate relationship.  Some weeks, I love it and write so much for it.  Other weeks, I wish I'd never started it LOL Anyhoo, stick with it please because it's getting close to the end.  There's still a few major things left to happen, but it's almost to the end! Yay!
Sarah

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment

You have the exact same relationship I have with my series, some days I'm like hell yeah I love this and others I'm like oh just write yourself! LMAO it's hard to write people seriously underestimate how much we all as writers put into our work. And dur of course I'm gonna stick with it! I'm dying to see what happens, I really wanna see summer get what's coming to her and for Nick and Autumn to not get divorced! i know probably grasping at straws here but still a girl can dream right?
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

Yay! Another update to this story! I'm pretty excited because it's the last chapter before some major things happen, so I can finally get going on the last six or seven chapters! Whoo!
Sarah

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

Okay i'm back with a few more questions for you Sarah lol

Have you ever changed your mind about something in the story AFTER you posted it? And if so did you change it or leave it as is?

What has been your favorite scene to write so far?

What about the hardest scene?

Do you have a favorite line?

Okay, Mare. I know you asked these questions a few days ago, but I can finally answer them...I hope!

1. There's always things that I look back on and wish I had done differently because it would've made my life a lot easier when writing later chapters. Usually, though, I just leave it alone and keep going. Like I've said before, I wouldn't have had Nick date Liz because it just made the story that much longer for me to write. Alas, the story must go on!

2. I've spent time reading back over the story, and I really don't think there is a favorite scene for me.  There have been highlights, like Nick trying to pick what kind of Elvis would marry them off or the time Baylee asked Brian why he couldn't have a little sister and Brian told him they'd have a conference with Leighanne about it.  Funny little things like that are usually my favorite things to write.

3. I think the hardest scene to write was probably the one at the end of chapter 46, the one I just posted LOL It was a lot of emotional angst (which I am queen of LOL probably not, but close ;) ) and just a lot going on.  That kind of scene always leaves me drained at the end.  Just watch, I won't update now for weeks. Silly me.

4. I think my favorite line would be the time Lily tried to dodge Nick dressing her and claimed she wanted to "be nakey." and Nick's response being, "You can't go around naked, Lily. It's just not right." For whatever reason, it tickles me pink about Nick saying that...*shrugs*

Well, that answers those questions, Oprah! There's only like 8 days left, so I hope you keep asking because it helps me think about the story more, which helps me write more!
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

aww I shall try to think of some more for you lol

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

LOL Mare, you don't have to! I have enough juice to keep writing...at some point...when my classwork starts doing itself LOL
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Okay Oprah is back with a few more questions that hopefully she didn't ask yet because this Oprah needs Ginko Biloba lmao

If your story was made into a movie, who would play each part and the boys aren't allowed to play themselves. I have made sure they are contractually obligated to be somewhere else that day! :P

Describe each of your main characters only using one word.

Do you already know how this story is going to end? And if so will everyone be shocked?  :o

If you had to rename Proving them Wrong, what would you choose as a new title and why?

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

Okay Oprah is back with a few more questions that hopefully she didn't ask yet because this Oprah needs Ginko Biloba lmao

If your story was made into a movie, who would play each part and the boys aren't allowed to play themselves. I have made sure they are contractually obligated to be somewhere else that day! :P

Describe each of your main characters only using one word.

Do you already know how this story is going to end? And if so will everyone be shocked?  :o

If you had to rename Proving them Wrong, what would you choose as a new title and why?

Aww, Oprah. It's ok. I'll find you some Gingko Biloba LOL

1. So, you did already ask the first question, but I had Nick playing himself.  Uhh, I really don't know who would play Nick Carter, though. Hmmm...I'll get back to you on that one.

2. Nick - confused, Autumn - goal-oriented (it's ONE word, i swear!), Lily - fun

3. Yeah, I know how it ends. The very, very end is not shocking, but the end that happens before that is (i hope that makes sense) LOL

4. I was going to call it something really lame like "The Partnership," or "The Deal" but I came to my senses and, if people haven't already figured it out, the name of the story will come up at the very end of the tale...

Thanks for the awesome questions, Oprah! I know my month's almost up, so thanks again for picking me to be the story of the month this month!
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

lmao yeah, I thought that first question sounded familiar.

Pages: 1 [2]