Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: September challenge  (Read 5915 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
September challenge
« on: September 01, 2007, 07:35:05 AM »

We're back to picture challenges lol

I know it doesn't go with our featured story really (I did pick Nick though since the story is Nick-centric)

But I want you to create a scene or ficlet this time around. So it doesn't have to be very long at all, in fact I would say for this one, try not to go over 1,000 words.

All you have to do is explain what is happening in this picture. You can use first person or third person but it can't be longer than 1,000 words.

Good luck :)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
Re: September challenge
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 07:45:52 PM »

Hey!

I wrote a fic! Yay! It's 999 words! Haha! I actually had to chop out 247 words, can you believe it? Lol. Hope y'all like it! It's called 'The Swim Chase' - lol. Enjoy!

http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8601

~Lenni~

P.S. Can you believe I actually wrote one THAT fast!?!?!?!!?
P.P.S. Happy anniversary to B-rok & Leighanne! Lol.  ;D
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 08:43:19 PM »

Yay Lenni! Awesome job! :D
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 10:17:08 PM »

Hey!

I wrote a fic! Yay! It's 999 words! Haha! I actually had to chop out 247 words, can you believe it? Lol. Hope y'all like it! It's called 'The Swim Chase' - lol. Enjoy!

http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8601

~Lenni~

P.S. Can you believe I actually wrote one THAT fast!?!?!?!!?
P.P.S. Happy anniversary to B-rok & Leighanne! Lol.  ;D

you're fast! lol...i'll be checking this fic later! (is sneaking in the office right now, heh).

*is brainstorming*
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 05:41:40 PM »

you're fast! lol...i'll be checking this fic later! (is sneaking in the office right now, heh).

*is brainstorming*

This may be the only time I'm fast - lol. And Yay for sneaking! Lol. I used to do that when I was in High School - sometimes - haha.

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 08:47:05 AM »

Here's my story lol I really wanted to go different and write a suspense fic but my brain was not letting me do it!! I'm disppointed in me and my brain lol ah well.

Here ya go!

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8607

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 10:16:56 AM »

aww, i'm not disappointed in your brain! i loved it! was it just me, or were there some Supernatural jokes in there, too? LOL Great job, as always!
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 12:13:06 PM »

aww, i'm not disappointed in your brain! i loved it! was it just me, or were there some Supernatural jokes in there, too? LOL Great job, as always!

lol If there were, I didn't mean to do it. I don't even know which jokes you're talking about.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 01:40:39 PM »

the Nair in the shampoo bottle and the itching powder just reminded me of the epi from season one, Hell House, where Dean and Sam play practical jokes on each other LOL the story just reminded me of the jokes in that epi
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 01:47:05 PM »

ooh right. I forgot about that lol I have had Nick put Nair in quite a few shampoo bottles since i've been writing lol Maybe I inadvertently chanelled Dean with the itching powder.

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 02:54:05 AM »

I've read both Lenni's and Mare's entries and left reviews but i'll just say it again here, i LOVE them both. HILARIOUS! I think this is one of my fav challenges so far cause it makes me laugh! I look foward to reading future entries. come on you guys, i know you're there!

i posted mine today and this time, i remember to post it here. yay to small reminders! lol
http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8609

LMAO! just read sarah's comment and yeah! now that you mentioned it, nair and itching powder were mentioned/shown on Sn's hell house! hehe, that's funny! i love it when im fandoms collide, esp when it's done unintentionall y! :D
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 03:50:44 AM »

Haha these are fun! OK, here's mine...

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8611

If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 06:38:39 PM »

aww ladies you have all done an awesome job with these so far and Mersey you wrote 2? Go you!!

Do you guys like the smaller word count challenges versus the larger ones?

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 08:49:51 PM »

I don't worry about the length as much, most of my responses have been fairly short, but I do prefer having a picture to write about. For me it sparks the imagination more. But I think they've all had pictures except for last month right? And I still plan on posting my response to last month's challenge, I just didn't have the chance to finish it. Last month was really crappy for me and I only got about half done with it. For some reason my Baylee stories always take me forever.

If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 09:03:13 PM »

I know this is off topic, but how's your brother?
Pages: [1] 2