Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for October 2007 - Hawk and a Handsaw by Julilly  (Read 26890 times)

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..

Sounds pretty logical to me.. thanks julilly!
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Spoiler Alert!!

Chapter 8...

Okay well I was going to go on strike until you managed to post chapter 15 but since your month is coming to an end I figured i'd be nice.

LMAO at the panties thing. I can so see Nick saying that. Now in my mind up until now I pictured Valerie as an older woman. I'm not sure why I did but like 50-ish or so. This one she seemed a lot younger so now i've confused myself.

You did a great job with Valerie's back story about her dad. I am feeling maybe the two things are connected in some way. Of course me would have liked him to go and try to spook Howie instead of hang with the chick but at least she's not an annoying chick. lol

Now I hope to see chapter 15 by the Thursday!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

Spoiler Alert!!

Chapter 8...

Okay well I was going to go on strike until you managed to post chapter 15 but since your month is coming to an end I figured i'd be nice.

LMAO at the panties thing. I can so see Nick saying that. Now in my mind up until now I pictured Valerie as an older woman. I'm not sure why I did but like 50-ish or so. This one she seemed a lot younger so now i've confused myself.

You did a great job with Valerie's back story about her dad. I am feeling maybe the two things are connected in some way. Of course me would have liked him to go and try to spook Howie instead of hang with the chick but at least she's not an annoying chick. lol

Now I hope to see chapter 15 by the Thursday!

Well, she's not really young, but not very old either. In my mind anyway she is probably 30's.

And I will only say... I wouldn't mention it if it wasn't important later :)
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

Oh look! An update!

:)
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Excellent! The next chapter is due Friday the 2nd! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

SPoiler Alert!

Chapter ten was awesome! :)

I loved the whole black outfit and the beret and when I had just said out loud He can change clothes? You also mentioned it in the story which made me laugh.

When you described Toni I was surprised because I was expecting another Paris. You did a great job with the description. You have throughout this entire story. I also liked that you made Nick fearful to go over and hear what Toni had to say because it shows how hard this is on him as well. I know I want to kick her! lol YAY!!!

And congrats on writing another chapter!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

SPoiler Alert!

Chapter ten was awesome! :)

I loved the whole black outfit and the beret and when I had just said out loud He can change clothes? You also mentioned it in the story which made me laugh.

When you described Toni I was surprised because I was expecting another Paris. You did a great job with the description. You have throughout this entire story. I also liked that you made Nick fearful to go over and hear what Toni had to say because it shows how hard this is on him as well. I know I want to kick her! lol YAY!!!

And congrats on writing another chapter!

agh, I forgot to post my thoughts on the last couple of chapters over here. Ditto on everything you just said and I forgot to mention in the review I left that the I also loved how Nick was afraid to go near Toni. That was an interesting mix of emotion there. And I loved that Toni said she saw him talking to himself in the street because every time Brian has a conversation with Nick in public, that's exactly what I think to myself. That Brian doesn't really try very hard not to look completely nuts. lol If I were him I would have a hard time saying a word to Nick if I weren't completely alone with him. (but then, that wouldn't be a very interesting story)
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

LOL I should leave you reviews too Julilly. Sorry about that. Once your month is done i'll be doing that instead of posting in here.

And yes the part about Brian talking to himself, that always runs through my mind as well. Oh I also loved the bit about him not dressing up in girls' underwear lmao.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

LOL I should leave you reviews too Julilly. Sorry about that. Once your month is done i'll be doing that instead of posting in here.

And yes the part about Brian talking to himself, that always runs through my mind as well. Oh I also loved the bit about him not dressing up in girls' underwear lmao.

When I'm writing those parts I love imagining Brian talking to himself lol I made a point of making Nick pull him at one point because I thought it would be funny to see someone suddenly get yanked seemingly from nowhere
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

LOL I would have enjoyed witnessing something like that.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Spoiler for chapter 11

Good informational chapter. We learned a lot of stuff from this one.

I'm always interested to know how people come up with the codes and plans for things like that so how did you come up with the idea of what the dates and abbreviations meant?

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

Julilly!!! I hadn't read this story since before you started updating again, but I just re-read the whole thing plus the new chapters and am now just WHOA. in a state of WHOA. I LOVE it! I can sort of see what's going to happen, but what Nick is up to now is just...OMG Genius! You are a genius! WRITE MORE. I'll join Mare now and demand that you meet your next deadline.
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

As we draw closer to the end of the month just wanted to say i've really enjoyed reading this story as the month went along. I don't get many opportunities to do that and lord knows when it will happen again, but you have an awesome story here and I hope you continue to work on it regularly until it's done!!

Now's the time for final thoughts of this one, if anyone wants to jump in and say anything or ask any questions.

Julilly if there's something you want to tell us about the story, that would work as well. :) Any funny stories or blooper type things that happened along the way?

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

*sigh* I am all caught up now and sad that I have to wait for updates.

SO, what can I say about this story?  *sings like weezy on Dragontales*  LOOOOOOVE IT!

I think this was an excellent pick for feature of the month. It's really a very unique story line (which that in itself makes it worth the read) but It's also very well written! Julilly has obviously planned out all the details very well and is brilliant at dialogue. The mix of emotions in this story is great because it's funny and smart and yet you feel for Nick and what he's going through. Nick and Brian are excellent together. (though I must give the real Nick and Brian partial credit for that I suppose) But Valerie (the dreaded female) is great too and you know its true because even MARE admitted to liking her. lol. I know the month is over, but if you haven't taken the time to read this one yet, I'd say definitely make sure you get to it at some point!!!! It's worth it. Yay Julilly!!! Congrats hun, you earned it!

oh, and one last thing before I go.....    UPDATE!!!  ;D
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

As we draw closer to the end of the month just wanted to say i've really enjoyed reading this story as the month went along. I don't get many opportunities to do that and lord knows when it will happen again, but you have an awesome story here and I hope you continue to work on it regularly until it's done!!

Now's the time for final thoughts of this one, if anyone wants to jump in and say anything or ask any questions.

Julilly if there's something you want to tell us about the story, that would work as well. :) Any funny stories or blooper type things that happened along the way?

Phew. A whole month of me coming to an end! Sad, really.

First I need to thank Mare immensely for choosing this story for this month. I know, it wasn't finished, but I'm glad it got the opportunity. I was kind of surprised actually since I thought I had the list of featured stories from my favourite online store -  Mare's-anal-lists-and-things.com but you threw me for a loop! Thanks!

A big thank you also to honey, Rose, Sarah, Nijntje, Teri, and ANYONE else who not only commented and asked brilliant questions in the thread, but also left me feedback on AC. Much appreciated! And Sarah, thanks for telling me I'm a genius because it helped my severely inflated ego get bigger! :)

So, you want bloopers? Hmm. I don't know if there is any per se... though I did once post an entire chapter without noticing that I had written Brain instead of Brian so once I did I raced back to AC and changed them all.

This has been one of my favourite fics. I've written a quite a few before it (and by a few I mean a lot - I just don't have them all posted because pre-2003 they all suck imo lol) but I've never been as meticulous as I am with this one. I'm proud of how H&H has turned out because I didn't really know how it would be recieved when I first started it.

I definitely plan on finishing this one in the next couple of months (hopefully I didn't just jinx myself) so I better be seeing people over on my shameless plugs thread giving me deadlines and bugging me mercilessly for updates! lol

Now, I'm wrapping this oscar-worthy acceptance speech up so that I can go work on a certain chapter... :)
~Maple Jellybean~

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9