Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for October 2007 - Hawk and a Handsaw by Julilly  (Read 26850 times)

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

I think my favorite part of this story so far is the fact that Nick is dead and the idea that the friendship he and Nick have is so deep that it surpasses death to the point that Nick appears to only Brian, who is then super-compelled to find the murderer. Plus, their conversations made me chuckle, even though it should be sad that Nick's dead LOL

Can you please, pretty please update? ;D
Sarah

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion

Congrats Julilly! I actually haven't read this one, so I'm going to have to try to squeeze it in this month sometime.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

i'm going to read the first chapter tonight and i'm excited about it! :)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Yay, just got done with the first chapter and here are a few of my thoughts.

First of all, I love how you started the story with the guys at the beach celebrating Nick's life. I have to give you props for making Leighanne likable, something you know by reading my stuff, I have a hard time doing lol

Her thoughts about Nick and Baylee were very cute and real. I could see her saying those things.

lmao I also loved the 'I am having a Coke' line by AJ in the middle of Brian's meltdown. It's so AJ! Great job!!

I already knew it was Nick who was dead but if I didn't I would have been guessing between Nick and Kevin. You did a great job at leaving everyone hanging until the very end and also throwing in there the fact that it was a murder.

Now i'm sad to know this story isn't finished so you better get a move on woman!! l thought it was for some reason.

Okay so after reading chapter one here is my first Oprah question to you!

What made you decide on killing Nick for this story? And at any point did you consider any other combination? Like AJ and Brian or Kevin and Howie?

« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 05:58:53 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

Woot, Oprah question time!

To be honest I only ever thought of Nick being my killed-off character. First I knew that of course it would be harder for the guys to lose him since he's the youngest. I also knew that my Nick would have a bit of innocence and be a bit naive, but would be willing to accept the way things were. I think if I had made it Kevin or AJ, even Howie he wouldn't have suited the personality, he would have been more of a go-getter, probably more determined than Brian (or whomever). The character I had in my head was hesistant, and a bit unsure, and that was more like Nick to me.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

Just to let everyone know... I have already started the new chapter, so I've at least started to make the effort lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?

Congratulations! *throws confetti*

I may read this.... I'll have to sit down and test it at some point. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

Ok, I just read the first chapter too and ditto on AJ's coke comment! I also loved the part where he "politely" told Brian to get over it. I think that's totally necessary in a lot of cases and I'm sure that in a group of that many, at least one of them would be thinking that. It makes sense to me that AJ would be the one to say it.   I also love how you've written Brian here. I can tell he's really going to go through a lot in this story and I'm excited to see all the turns this story will take.

You started of with a very emotional bang and I love that. That's not easy to do a lot of times because we haven;t had the time to become invested in the story or the characters yet, but somehow you used the emotion to make us invested in both. It was like you forced us to feel the emotion in the situation. Brilliant!

Seeing that there are only 12 chapters was kind of a bittersweet feeling for me lol. Sad because I'll probably get through all 12 of them fairly quickly and then be left waiting for that update you mentioned in the previous post (good for you btw) and at the same time I was relieved because I know I'll have the time to catch up this month and hopefully get to that super awesome, freaking hard challenge Mare posted. 

Congrats on story of the month hun! I'm really looking forward to the rest of this fic!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

^ oh yes! I forgot to mention that Line where AJ tells Brian to get over it. I agree, that's important and once again I think it fit AJ the most to say it.

I love when people discuss things as they read :)

And I am purposely going to go nice and slow knowing there are only twelve chapters. I guess my next question, one i'm afriad to ask, is how many more are left to go? In other words, how far from done are we? lol

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

I have just begun writing the kickstart to the climax actually. I've never really been one to draw things out and have really long fics, all of mine are fairly short, I think this one will probably be the longest. There are 10 chapters left! :) So I'm barely halfway through.
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

AHHH!! lol I guess Anal Mare will have to go into action with the bugging you to update thing then!

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

You never know, it might help! lol
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Excellent, then chapter 13 is due by the end of next week! lol

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

Excellent, then chapter 13 is due by the end of next week! lol

Yes Miss Mare! lol
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9