Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for October 2007 - Hawk and a Handsaw by Julilly  (Read 26963 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

My thoughts on chapter 4 part one lol

First of all, what another clever idea you had with the library of memories. You have quite the creative mind! And I love your descriptions in the first part of this chapter. I wish there really was a place to put all your bad memories. Hide them away from the world. Wouldn't that be awesome? And I was able to see the bright light when Flora opened the door.

I agree with Kelly, your portayal of a fun loving Nick is a welcome sight in what could be a very dark story but at the same time, I really think you did need a chapter like this one to describe his anguish at being dead.

Great job! And you do rock at dialogue!

:)

How did you come up with the idea for the library of memories?

I gotta stop reading your posts, or I gotta get a chapter ahead of you or something!!!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

lmao sorry! I just feel like it makes more sense to discuss it here then leave reviews on AC.

We need spoiler boxes in here. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

How did you come up with the idea for the library of memories?

It took me a while to be honest lol I knew that I wanted Nick to be drawing a blank when it came to everything that happened. I like to think that people who die in a bad way won't have to remember it even in the afterlife if there is such a thing, because such terrible things happen to people. So then my challenge was deciding if he should get the memories back, and how. So then I thought 'what if there was a place where they took all the bad memories for safe keeping, and if you could then get them back if you really wanted them?' and the library was born.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

What a great idea! lol you is a genius! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. As for the title the question was part of Mare's initial questionnare but I certainly don't mind retelling!! :)

It's part of a quote from Hamlet. "I am but mad north-north-west: when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw." What it's saying is that sometimes although he may seem crazy, he isn't, and that's how I went into this thinking of Brian. If he told anyone what was going on they would all think he was crazy even though he was telling the truth.

Oh lol I should have totally recognized that Hamlet's my favorite play! And that's awesome, I like when stories have that complexity to them
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

What a great idea! lol you is a genius! :)

Yes, yes I am a genius. Glad you noticed.  8)

Ok, enough of my jackassery... I have news for you. So I had been thinking about my deadline for chapter 14, and what I was going to do with it then I decided that since I have the flu I would rather be asleep so I went to bed lol Yeah, good story eh? There's more. So I went to bed at like 10, then at 12 I wake up because I had a stroke of brilliance and had thought of a really funny line for a scene in chapter 14, rather than hope I remember it I decided to write it down and grabbed my notebook. Well, here I am at 12:45 with the entire chapter written on paper lol As soon as I wrote one thing it all just started pouring out of me and before I knew it the whole chapter was done! So, if I have time tomorrow I will type it up, edit it, and will so definitely meet my deadline.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

:o wow! maybe Mare should start crackin the whip over all our heads! lol. That kind of inspiration doesn't come easy.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

WOW!! That's excellent!! You get two gold stars for that one! and I wil gladly give everyone deadlines if that will help! lol

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

So when's my next due date? lol
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

LOL how many more chapters do you have to go?

The answer to that will let me figure out how much time I can give you between dates but let's say for now your next chapter is still due by the 15th. :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

on a side note, while i'm giving everyone else due dates my poor stories have been sidelined for centuries now although I am almost done with a new 13th Step chapter. Maybe you should give me a due date. lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

kelly cover your eyes!

My thoughts on chapter 4 part two: Wow!

It was horrible knowing that he was going to die but even still, there was a small grain of hope that maybe he would escape. Great and morbid description of how being suffocated must feel. Poor Nick and of course once again it's the chicks fault! And knowing that now i'm annoyed she didn't come forward and tell anyone. lol

okay you can look now lol :)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

on a side note, while i'm giving everyone else due dates my poor stories have been sidelined for centuries now although I am almost done with a new 13th Step chapter. Maybe you should give me a due date. lol

On the 15th when I put out my next chapter, you too should put out yours! The 15th for everyone! lol
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

LOL woot!

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

kelly cover your eyes!

My thoughts on chapter 4 part two: Wow!

It was horrible knowing that he was going to die but even still, there was a small grain of hope that maybe he would escape. Great and morbid description of how being suffocated must feel. Poor Nick and of course once again it's the chicks fault! And knowing that now i'm annoyed she didn't come forward and tell anyone. lol

okay you can look now lol :)

You really are pacing yourself! :) I'm glad you're enjoying it though. You haven't even really got to the meat of the story yet, so I hope that you are still as pleased as you move on through the chapters.
~Maple Jellybean~

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9