Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: FS for January 2012: Save a Prayer by Carter-Orange  (Read 13172 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: FS for January 2012: Save a Prayer by Carter-Orange
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2012, 09:16:21 AM »

Just sat down and read this story all in one sitting!  You did a terrific job, especially with the gore - I mean bot flies in the head  :shock:  = awesome!

Loved the idea for the story and you executed it very well.  I hated to see all of the NKOTB boys offed (what can I say... Donnie Wahlberg is yummy  :shrug: ), but totally understandable and I'm glad you didn't kill AJ or Howie!!   

Thank you so much for taking the time to read it.  It was a bit mean of me to kill them all, especially since I do actually like Joey, lol, but I wanted to kill people off and they seemed perfect due to the NKOTBSB thing.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2012, 09:19:10 AM »

Just a thought : Do you think, steph, if you let Howie or Brian lead the group, the story would be as awesome as it turned out with Nick?

I'm not sure I could write a story with them taking the lead, I feel more comfortable with Nick or AJ as the main character when I write.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2012, 08:26:42 PM »

I was really glad you killed all the New Kids!  I was willing to put up with them for the sake of an awesome premise by a great writer, but I hate crossovers LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2012, 06:55:36 AM »

I'm not that into crossovers either Julie, although this is my second one (the other was Games and was a Supernatural crossover).  I don't think I've ever read any to be honest.  But I knew this story wasn't going to be a real crossover as they were only in it to be killed off, lol.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2012, 04:33:18 PM »

Today is the last day to get your questions or comments in to Steph!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2012, 08:26:53 PM »

I loved reading this story and discussing it with you again this month, Steph!  Hope you write more adventure stories like this one; you're really good at that genre!  The gorier, the better!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2012, 09:04:58 PM »

I agree, Steph! You know how much I loved this story as well as your other action/adventure Supernatural crossover! You're really great at this genre! I do disagree about the gore though lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2012, 10:20:55 PM »

I am liking everything you've been writing so far ... you know that! Keep up the awesome work.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2012, 05:34:01 AM »

You are a great writer and we are looking forward to more "Save a Prayer" kind of stories in the future.... :)
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2012, 05:55:50 AM »

Wow thanks everyone for taking the time to read my story and post in here :)

I'm sure there will be more action/adventure stories to come from me in the future as I like that kind of thing.  I also enjoyed writing gore, lol.  At the moment my latest story is building up to some action, but it's AU, historical with some romance in it, so I know that kind of thing doesn't appeal to everyone.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2012, 10:14:04 PM »

You know, I've been meaning to check out your new one... I just keep forgetting to do it when I actually have time to sit down and get into it.  I will definitely do that at some point.  I'm not a huge fan of historical fiction (even though I love history - weird, right?), but your beautiful banner attracted my attention when you first posted the story, which I think was during some crazy busy time in my life where I didn't have time to actually read the first few chapters right then, and I mentally added it to my "to read" list, then never followed up on it LOL.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2012, 12:54:50 AM »

Not sure if I left a comment, but I enjoyed Save A Prayer a lot and I liked a lot of the things everyone else said as well. I love survival type stories. I'm gonna check out the new one as well, I need something new to read :) congrats on being Featured Steph!

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2012, 08:32:14 AM »

Thanks Tracy :)

And Julie, don't worry, I know how it is with finding time.  There are loads of stories I keep meaning to read and haven't.  And I know the story isn't to everyone's liking as I realise historical AU isn't for everyone.  I just write what I feel like writing :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]