Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Welcome to the Felix Awards!  (Read 11228 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Welcome to the Felix Awards!
« on: October 10, 2007, 06:26:30 PM »

The Felix Awards were designed to showcase the best of the best on the Absolute Chaos website in a variety of categories.

Please read the rules very carefully before you fill out the nomination form and take your time and really consider stories before you nominate them.

Rules

Don't stuff the ballot boxes!! That means do not beg and plead for people to nominate you or vote for you.

Do not make a thousand email addresses just so you can nominate yourself a thousand times. In fact you cannot nominate yourself at all. The three of us all agree that nominations just like reviews, should come from other sources so have some faith in your readers. If they feel like your story is worth a nomination then i'm sure you will get one.

No soliciting for any of the nominated stories. For instance we don't want to see threads saying "If you don't nominate this story/vote for this story there's something wrong with you."

Judges may not be nominated in categories they are judging.

Try not to go overboard with nominating one story for everything. In fact, you cannot nominate a story for more then 3 categories.

All nominated stories really should be complete unless it's nominated for 'unfinished' story. We do realize there are  a lot of great stories out there in varying degrees of doneness, but when it comes time for judging, it'll be very hard for the judges to form a solid opinion on a piece that is not complete.

When nominating make sure you answer the questions at the bottom of every category you are filling out. If they are left blank the nomination will not count.

There will be no more than 6 stories per category. We will leaf through all the nominations to determine those stories.

Most importantly... have fun!

The nomination period will start soon, but I am going to start another thread with the list of possible categories so you will know what to expect. Once Chaos is done with the form we'll start taking nominations.

Thanks a lot and we hope you guys enjoy this!

~ Your humble moderators
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 08:06:26 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
Re: Welcome to the Felix Awards!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 09:52:33 PM »

I just have a question. What if a story is like basically a few chapters away from completion?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 03:28:46 PM »

You can nominate it, but it's really up to the judges to decide if it's complete enough to get an award. Hopefully if the authors see themselves nominated tey'll get in gear and finish it off lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 03:15:10 AM »

i have a question and am feeling really stupid about this. I've searched the threads and cant find it anywhere...

Is there a thread to find out which judge is judging which category? I want to avoid nominating them in said categories they're judging and making life difficult for judges :p sorry if this has been posted and my eyes missed it :)
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 05:38:53 AM »

I think they're waiting to assign judges categories until the nominations are done for just that reason... so you can nominate first, and if you're nominating one of the judges, they just won't be judging in the categories you nominate them for. :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 05:58:45 AM »

Julie is correct! We are assigning that after the nominations come in, that way no one has to be like 'oh well I wanted to nominate so-and-so here but I can't'. This way you can go ahead and do so and afterwards we will give them something they're not in.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 10:37:23 PM »

thanks for clearing that up ladies :)
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 10:50:47 PM »

When does nominations end again? Lol.

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 11:07:58 PM »

When does nominations end again? Lol.

~Lenni~

When there's actually enough nominations to run the competition lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 11:08:29 PM »

When there's actually enough nominations to run the competition lol

how close (or far) are we from that happening?
Sarah

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 11:09:30 PM »

how close (or far) are we from that happening?

We're more far than close! November 11th is the official end date though!
~Maple Jellybean~

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 11:10:59 PM »

i figured as much. well, I'm trying really hard, when i'm procrastinatin g on my paper, to go through all the stories i can remember to try to pick good ones for each category. it's just hard work!
Sarah

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 11:15:06 PM »

Thanks y'all! Lol. I just found where it was posted too - haha.

~Lenni~
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 02:06:23 PM »

We have some noms for almost every category but not nearly enough to have them count for awards at this point. lol

The only category that has 4 noms is best author.  Some have three but the majority have 1 or 2. Quite a few have zippo though.

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 12:10:51 AM »

Oye. Some people I think, want to nominate, but then forget to do it - lol.

~Lenni~

Pages: [1] 2 3