Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Featured Story of the month for November 2007 - Somewhere I Belong by Teri  (Read 28846 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Howdy!

I know it's not technically November yet (for me anyway) but I know I have a crazy day tomorrow and I wanted to make sure I got this up on the first.  ;D

So, I had this story picked out a long time ago for this month because it's a popular one and a few people have mentioned it as something they'd like to discuss. That's why I thought it was ironic that the topic of more 'adult' fiction was brought up last month. lol

I am once again here to be your Oprah Teri and hopefully all of you who have read and loved this story will jump in this month and tell us what makes it so special.

Feel free to post your comments and questions to Teri in this thread and i'm sure she would be happy to answer them for you!

So congrats Teri!! I hope you enjoy your month!

Here is the link to the story:

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7955&warning=4

This one is a sequel so if you want to discuss it's predecessor Accidentally in Love in here as well, feel free!

The link to that one:

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7928

Have fun and enjoy!!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

Congrats Teri!!! *throws confetti* Enjoy your limelight!
Sarah

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment

YAY!!! *mimic sally field* you like me you really really like me! LOL Thank you!

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

Oooh. When I began writing SWIB the sequel to Accidentally In Love, I never ever expected it to become as long as it had. Or as dramatic. And spoiler alert....Brand on, I hadn't expected to evolve him into the character he became it was quite surprising. But then again my characters love to pull crap like that. Ali is really a complex girl, she's smart yet does stupid stuff sometimes, she's pretty but doesn't think she's anything really, has a good career and a man who loves her dearly lol. Okay that was a big tangent but I guess one thing no one knows is that I didn't realize how complex my characters were UNTIL my awesome Beta Tri pointed that out.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

About a year, I was really sick during the chapters of 15-25 so it took a while to get it all out there. But I'm glad it did. I think AS is going to take even longer!

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

Oooh ok...

Hot on the heels of a breakup Alyssa Monroe strives to prove to everyone and most importantly Nick that she can take care of herself, but what happens when she meets someone who she can have the same type of friendship she had with Nick way back when? Will she falter when she's faced with the hardest test of trust with her relationship with Nick?

Horrid I know but if I say much more lol it'll give everything away!

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

Alyssa: Kim Smith, a model/actress (known for being in Bye Bye Bye and other music videos) is the actual physical inspiration for my Alyssa and personality wise I would choose Rachel McAdams or Jennifer Garner (she's a lil too old though lol!)

The boys as themselves OF course!

Kellie: Kate Bosworth because she just reminds me of that classy Hollywood fashionista type that Kellie embodies.

Lori: Alyson Hannigan cause she's HILARIOUS

Mary: Susan Sarandon! Cause I totally love her and she'd be the ultimate Mary.

Clark and Olivia: Josh Duhamel and Charisma Carpenter, they sorta look like they could be Alyssa's siblings and I can totally see them having the types of conversations they do!

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

I got really sick in October/November of 2006 so like I was giving up everything but less than a month later I was back writing it again I couldn't part with the storyline. I love it too much!

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

*Sigh* Tonja how we don't miss thee! LOL I normally have an outline in my head but lately I've been writing it out and I think that's what making AS into the long story it will be.

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

I'd say Alyssa, but really it's Nick he's just the perfect guy in this not really perfect he definitely has flaws but I love how he and Alyssa fit together perfectly LOL They fight, they argue, they screw around with each other lol but at the end of the day they love each other through and through.

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

BRANDON LOL! Ya'll will understand he was hard to write and he out ranked Aaron which lets face it Aaron is super duper hard to write too!

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

All the boys make appearances because well they are a huge part of Nick's life and showing them hanging out, outside of recording or just goofing off in the studio is the things I love to write about, I really truly think they are a family and so it's important to me to include them!

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol

Ohh I'm gonna say since mine is a series Nothing's Impossible you may like the other stories in it but the main one not written by me that most of my readers also read are Hearts Don't Lie series by Tri and UMS by Mel. They're both amazing stories and writers and I'm lucky to have them both as my betas!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 09:45:29 PM by Teri »
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

Tri

Congratulation s on being featured this month, Teri!  Honestly, you deserve it SOOO much.  It takes a lot for me to read ANYTHING, much less a whole series in less than a week.  Your characters are very well-developed, your plot is well-planned chronologicall y and event-wise, and it's just a good story.  I love reading about Nick and Ali.  They're both so human.  They have strengths, weaknesses, triumphs, and failures.  It's so rare that I can understand and relate so well with a character.  It feels like they're real you've done such a good job.  And as far as the plot...  This one was a lot more dramatic than AIL and it showed a lot more about their relationship.  I definitely enjoyed it, but I still can't pick a favorite out of the series.  lol.

Teri knows I could go on and on all day, so I'll just leave it at this...  Anyone that hasn't read this story yet (or Accidentally in Love or Always Something), check it out!  Seriously, you won't be disappointed.  ;D

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*

*giggles* and there's my cheerleader! ROFL lol sorry tri, cheerleader trina just ran through my head haha! But yes, I try for the most part to keep it chronologicall y sound, it just works better for me than just going off on random tangents and skipping years and glossing over events. Although HOC will not have a second season it does in AS because yeah lol I started writing it when there was confusion over whether there would be a new one or not. Anyways SWIB is definitely dramatic I won't lie hehe. I think though the best part was writing the funny moments in the story, the parts that made me laugh as I wrote them. Then again I have an odd sense of humor!
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."

Tri

Haha!  Cheerleader Trina...  Well, I TOLD you that she's based on me...  lol.

And I must have an odd sense of humor as well.  Of course, we have the whole freaky twin thing going on, so I might be biased.  LOL.  Something that I forgot to mention in my previous blurb was all of the emotions covered in this story.  You reminded me with the whole humor thing.  I think one of the judges of a good story (for me personally, at least) is if it CAN make you crack up laughing or if it can make you cry...  Or even just get really attached to the characters so much that you're going, "Nick, don't do that, you idiot!" or "Yeah, yeah... Do that now!"  I think that's why I got through the story so quickly...  It was just like a book that I couldn't put down.  And when I had to (stupid things called college... lol, jk), I was wondering what was going to happen next.

Okay, so I'm addicted.  LOL.  The first step is admitting you have a problem, though, so I'm halfway there...

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion

Congrats Teri! I know how much this means to you to be a featured story and I'm very proud of you. I'm honored to have helped you along with this story and to be able to contribute such great ideas. You've come a long way as a writer and I think out of the entire Nothing's Impossible series, SWIB has got to be my fav!

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*

YAY! lol I'm happy *does happy dance hehe* SWIB is my personal fave too right now, let's see how AS progresses before I make a final decision LOL!

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion

YAY! lol I'm happy *does happy dance hehe* SWIB is my personal fave too right now, let's see how AS progresses before I make a final decision LOL!

Yea I can't say AS because its still a little early to judge although I'm sure it'll be wonderful with everything that you have planned for it.

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
Re: Featured Story of the month for November 2007 - Somewhere I Belong by Teri
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 10:26:30 PM »

Yeah it has twice the drama and length of SWIB so it better be good! LOL!!!

Tri

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 10:40:16 PM »

Yeah it has twice the drama and length of SWIB so it better be good! LOL!!!
Haha, it will be...  You're freakin Yoda!  :D

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 11:07:10 PM »

LMAO How did I know you were gonna post something about that? For those of you that don't know apparently I'm the yoda of character development (in Tri's words). I'd like to be an egotist and say yes but...that'd be totally against type so hehe I'm glad someone enjoys it!

Tri

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 11:11:03 PM »

LMAO How did I know you were gonna post something about that? For those of you that don't know apparently I'm the yoda of character development (in Tri's words). I'd like to be an egotist and say yes but...that'd be totally against type so hehe I'm glad someone enjoys it!

Haha, she really is!  I just posted a thing in the Favorite Female Leads thread about Alyssa Monroe.  And I wouldn't know that much about Ali unless Teri really was Yoda.

Haha, calling you Yoda makes me a geek, doesn't it?  :P

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 11:11:52 PM »

Awww! YAY TERI!!! I'm a little nervous because I want to read this one but I am so busy in November and somehow have to write an entire novel... so I may not get any reading done this month. BUT, I love you and will try my hardest because i have heard nothing but wonderful about this entire series!!!  Congrats hun and enjoy your month!!!!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10