Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Featured Story of the month for November 2007 - Somewhere I Belong by Teri  (Read 29092 times)

Tri

Re: Featured Story of the month for November 2007 - Somewhere I Belong by Teri
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2007, 06:09:21 PM »

*blushes* Katrina Marie! You flatter me too much! I'm not all that great, and you can protest all you want I'll never see it lol. I just love to write terribly romantic, angstydramatic with humorous moments in my stories. Call me great but I guess I just like and really need that balance of emotions. One of the GREATEST movie quotes is from Ali's favorite movie: Miami Rhapsody

"No I think that somedays are shit and others are spectacular and if the good days out number the bad ones then that's what marriage is about" and every story I write, I sorta use that as a monicker I guess lol.

You deserve it...  Shush.  lol. 

Haha, the quote I use for Nick and Trina's marriage is from Strawberry Shortcake.  Okay, not really, but it might as well be. 

I just can't wait till Nick and Ali get better again.  That's why I loved AIL and SWIB so much.  :)  And I know they're not perfect and never will be, but yeah.  I'm looking forward to when the positive outweighs the negative.

Tri

« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2007, 06:33:16 PM »

lol, okay, so now this song is in my head...

You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between

I'm such a dork.  :P

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2007, 07:00:16 PM »

u are a dork but i luff u anyways. this part in my story is really theraputic for me. i've been going through so much and the grief Nick and Ali are going through is reminscent of what i'm going through at the moment.
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

Tri

« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2007, 07:10:48 PM »

u are a dork but i luff u anyways. this part in my story is really theraputic for me. i've been going through so much and the grief Nick and Ali are going through is reminscent of what i'm going through at the moment.

That's good.  Working things out through writing is a good idea.

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2007, 07:52:36 PM »

Yes it is even though it makes one or both of my betas cry.
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2007, 08:16:36 PM »

Is it bad that this series...at it's funniest moments makes me crack up while writing it, at it's darkest like now makes me all weepy and crying as I write?? Or am I just too emotionally attached?

Awww, I think it's great that, as a writer, you can be that emotionally involved with your characters! I don't think I've ever cried, but I've definitely said their words aloud in my room (by myself, of course LOL) in the tone that I would expect them to say it, or I've gasped at certain moments as I write. There are times when I wake up in the middle of the night with an epiphany for a story, and, if it's a sad part, I get that funny feeling in my chest, like the kind when you're about to cry. So, no, I definitely think it makes for better writing when you can semi-experience what your characters are experiencing. Plus, it just means you're that much more involved and know them that much better. Ali and Nick aren't flat for you, Teri. Like you told me, they're alive in your head, so it's awesome that you feel for them like that ;D
Sarah

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2007, 08:53:16 PM »

Aww thanks Sarah! You pretty much summed up what Tri's been trying to drill into my head hehe!

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2007, 09:01:23 PM »

Aww thanks Sarah! You pretty much summed up what Tri's been trying to drill into my head hehe!

I try, I try. Although, I bet Tri's probably better at the drilling than I am LOL But I definitely found myself "acting out" Nick and Autumn's expressions and what they'd say and their facial expressions even (the last one I didn't realize I did until I caught myself LOL) as I wrote, especially the last three chapters of the story. I think it helped my writing definitely because I got to convey just the right amount of emotions for them, especially their BIG showdown scene in the last chapter.  I guess writing fanfic must certainly be like writing a screenplay for a movie...I'm sure those writers stare at themselves in the mirror, trying to picture how they want the characters to appear. If it works for them, then it definitely can work for us, too!
Sarah

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2007, 09:08:21 PM »

Yeah Tri is AWESOME at drilling things into my head. She's by far one of my best betas ever! And personally a really close friend so it's good that I can go to her for an honest opinion about my story. And I act it out too. To the point where I'll blast music in my room and literally act out the dialogue between the characters. I'm weird yes but oh well it works for me apparently LOL.

Tri

« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2007, 12:03:21 AM »

Yeah Tri is AWESOME at drilling things into my head. She's by far one of my best betas ever! And personally a really close friend so it's good that I can go to her for an honest opinion about my story. And I act it out too. To the point where I'll blast music in my room and literally act out the dialogue between the characters. I'm weird yes but oh well it works for me apparently LOL.

*blushes*  Aww, shucks...  Thanks, Teri.  I always tell you that you deserve all of the recognition in the world because you do!  I'm glad other people are saying it now so I don't have to get my pom-poms out!  I'm sorry that I haven't understood everything lately like I usually do, but I'm getting it now.  And it's going to be great.  For the characters and their relationship.  I truly believe that now.

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2007, 01:15:09 AM »

And updated!!!!!! Chapter 24 is up!

Tri

« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2007, 10:19:19 AM »

And updated!!!!!! Chapter 24 is up!

And it is A-MAZ-ING.  lol.  Dude, I don't like to admit when I'm wrong.  (So I'm not going to. LOL)  But I am gonna say that you totally won me over to what you're doing with that last chapter.  I can't wait till you wake up so I can gush about it!!  ;D

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2007, 04:14:09 PM »

*blushes* awww shucks hehe I worked really hard on that chapter, it was so rough to get it all out. and 25 is just as emotional but it's working out quite well i think

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2007, 09:23:45 PM »

I got misty and I'm not a getting misty kind of person! lol Now you've got me all emotional!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2007, 11:00:13 PM »

awww julia!!! well if it makes u feel any better through writing the last five chapters, i cried uncontrollably while writing all of them. lots of inner demons coming out
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10