Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Featured Story of the month for November 2007 - Somewhere I Belong by Teri  (Read 28842 times)

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
Re: Featured Story of the month for November 2007 - Somewhere I Belong by Teri
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 11:20:20 PM »

*HUGS!* I heart you Kelly! And a new novel eh? Sweet!
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2007, 11:21:35 PM »

eh, maybe not so sweet if I really churn it out in a month. lol we'll see. but congrats again! I heart you too!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2007, 11:32:07 PM »

hehe thank you! i love this, let's just hope i can get some major inspiration for AS
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 12:26:35 PM »

Congrats! I'm trying to do the 'writing a novel in a month'-thingy as well.. so I might not manage to read yours, but I sure will try!

Owh and my first question: Is it necessary to read the first one first or can I just start off reading SIB?
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 01:02:34 PM »

It's not COMPLETELY necessary to read AIL, it does help alot but I try to explain as best I can why something's happened because of previous events. ie Alyssa's dad, and lol a certain "graphic" chapter (totally comes back to bite Alyssa in the ass too)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 02:21:46 PM »

Owh and my first question: Is it necessary to read the first one first or can I just start off reading SIB?

oo, good question I was wondering that too. I have this horrible problem with never being able to get into sequels no matter how much I loved the first one. I don't know why? I'm psycho. so, my question would be, just in case I only can ever read one, which would you recommend?
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 02:36:35 PM »

Somewhere I Belong, most definitely, lol ask Tri she's like my lil cheerleader hehe, so for her to read both stories and the 14 chapters i have posted of AS so far within the span of less than a week when normally she doesn't really get into series' so much is saying somethign I guess BUT I wrote each story with the intention of paralleling each other HOWEVER letting them stand apart from one another in their style and subject matter, AS is most definitely going to be the darkest one to write for me next to the prequels I have planned (two in fact lol). You can always do it star wars style like I'm doing and read the later story in SWIB and always go back to AIL. I like to provide a good solid stand alone story in each let's say volume of the series. Hence why I've been having so much trouble with KDL the Aaron spin-off.

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 02:41:56 PM »

wow I ramble! LOL but yeah it's why I'm so happy that SWIB got chosen to be featured story, because it can stand apart from it's predecessor (and I'm quite proud of it!)

Tri

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2007, 03:01:17 PM »

As a reader, I'll answer the question Teri already did as far as reading SWIB before AIL.  I feel that they're definitely stand alone stories because Teri does a great job of providing references to events that took place in Accidentally In Love. 

And, honestly, if you DO decide to read the whole series, it goes by a lot faster than you'd think.  Teri knows that it took me FOREVER to actually sit down and start reading because I was thinking, "Oh God... A whole series?!"  But it went by SO quickly because it was so intriguing and kept me wondering what was coming after every chapter. 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2007, 05:13:18 PM »

Wow it's only the first of the month and you're already on the second page lol

I have a question for you :)

Did you always intend to write a sequel for Accidentally in Love or did that evolve some other way?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2007, 05:17:03 PM »

Oooh good one! Actually no I didn't intend on it when I started writing AIL, but as the story progressed I was like hmmm what if they (SPOILER ALERT) broke up. And then bam SWIB like evolved quickly in my head. Mainly inspired by the Linkin Park song of the same name, if you listen to it before or after you read SWIB you can totally get how Alyssa feels throughout the whole story!

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2007, 07:33:14 PM »

woot woot! Congrats Teri!

I absolutely love both of these stories, they are WAY up there on my list of favs from AC! Definitely deserving! Hopefully a lot more people will take the plunge and read!

My question... Are there any chapters, or plot points where a few chapters down the road you think 'damn I should have done _ _ _ instead?' or had any regrets later on?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 07:35:58 PM by julilly »
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2007, 07:41:07 PM »

AWW!!! I love you Julilly!! That's a HUGE compliment coming from you!!! And AWESOME question!! (lol being a journalism major questions are sorta my game LOL)

Sometimes in SWIB I was like maybe I shouldn't have made the whole Brandon thing into a really big issue. However with that said it's become such an integral part of the plot that I'm like hmmm that's cool!

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2007, 07:46:34 PM »

AWW!!! I love you Julilly!! That's a HUGE compliment coming from you!!! And AWESOME question!! (lol being a journalism major questions are sorta my game LOL)

Sometimes in SWIB I was like maybe I shouldn't have made the whole Brandon thing into a really big issue. However with that said it's become such an integral part of the plot that I'm like hmmm that's cool!

ILOVEYOUTOO *tear*

Oh! *points to self* Broadcast journalism. I also like questions! lol

I think you made a good call in what went on with Brandon. It really gave them something to work past, and has shown since then that you can forgive but you don't necessarily always forget - I think that is an important point.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2007, 07:49:58 PM »

LOL i'm print journalism lol aren't we supposed to be odds? LOL I did do two years of campus radio which i LOOOOVVVVEED. Yeah Brandon, he was written in as a total fluke, I saw Superman Returns and was like OOOH PRETTY! lmao.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10