Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Featured Story of the month for November 2007 - Somewhere I Belong by Teri  (Read 29103 times)

Tri

Re: Featured Story of the month for November 2007 - Somewhere I Belong by Teri
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2007, 04:18:32 PM »

Yeah, that's another one of your great strengths.  You have realistic events take place.  There's none of this cheating all the time or the main characters constantly being miserable.  They have happy moments and sad moments, but it's relatively balanced (yes, I understand that some people don't have a very balanced life, but for the most part, people CAN be happy and sad).  Since you obviously have a firm grasp on human nature and psychology and sociology, it shows in your writing and it changes the characters.

I read somewhere that the best character isn't the one you liked the most in the story, but the one that changed the most in the story.  And if that's the way you see it, too, then your characters are just peachy.  :)

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2007, 04:22:40 PM »

*blushes* I try hehe. It's hard I'm not going to lie any of us writers on here know that making a story is a difficult thing. And I really had NO idea that so many people held mine in such high regard. And really I thank each and everyone for reading and being there through the drama. Cuz really these are very personal stories to me. Alot of what happens has happened in some form or another to me in real life at least symbollically (is that even a word? LOL)
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

Tri

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2007, 04:31:31 PM »

Yeah, I understand that it's difficult to be totally happy with your own work.  I mean, I remember when I started posting mine this summer and I was REALLY nervous.  My goal was 20 chapters and 10 reviews by September.  LOL.  Four months later, I'm nearly two-thirds of the way through my sequel... 

But anyways, I'm not trying to make you feel like you're never going to live up to what you've already written (cause sometimes that can totally happen if you hear too much praise).  I'm just saying that you've really got something here and I'm excited to see it continue!  And the fact that you've lived or can at least relate to the events in your plot show.  Your characters are so consistent with their thinking and actions...  Hence, YODA.  ;D

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2007, 04:55:30 PM »

ROFL omg I'm never living down that name am I? LOL Although he is the coolest character in star wars. And by far the smartest hehe! So it's an honor.
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2007, 04:39:41 PM »

So yeah I just totally updated, second time this weekend! WOO! lol I'm excited, although not much else is going to get written til next saturday shamefully I'm horrendously backed up with school this week yuck!

Tri

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2007, 06:11:41 PM »

You're on such a roll!!  I loved the chapter!  I know I already left a review and gushed about it, but seriously!  Y'all need to read SWIB and move on to AS!  :D

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2007, 06:16:32 PM »

LOL trina trina trina....you're so cute! I'm nuts but I'm trying to study and all I can think about is my next chapter!!! How effing sad is that? LOL Okay it's productive yes, but still I'm having academic ADD!!

Tri

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2007, 06:33:55 PM »

Haha...  Join the club.  I have MAJOR senioritis this semester.  I'm always distracted!! 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2007, 06:08:05 PM »

Another question for you Teri lol

If you could pick one song for each of your main characters that best describes them and their personalities which songs would you choose and why?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2007, 08:19:03 PM »

OOOH! I loooovvveee questions like this!

Ali: One In A Million by BSB cuz yeah the line "why don't you know just how beautiful you are" and all that jazz! And it describes her modesty and that she's just a normal girl.

Nick: Smile Like You Mean It by the Killers, because when I hear it I think of the lil boy that's still in him that makes him so endearing LOL

Olivia: Any song by Melissa Etheridge

Lori: Jaded by Aerosmith, cuz she is a really jaded person who gets mad at the drop of a hat, but it's for a reason she didn't have a good relationship with her parents growing up so she's like really jealous of Alyssa and her bond with her family.

Kellie: Buttons by PCD just because she's a smart, fun and sexy woman who knows when a man wants her but makes him work for it.

Clark: Yellow by Cold Play, he's just mellow and cool.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2007, 12:25:33 PM »

I'm trying to think of more clever questions for you but my brain isn't working properly lol I need to turn it in and get myself a new one. :P

So i'm going to steal some of my questions I have asked other people lol

For someone like me who isn't big on the romance side of fiction, tell me some things that would draw me in into your story.  Plot points that don't have to do with a romantic aspect.

Or for people who live for that sort of thing, what has been your favorite scene to write concerning the relationship between Nick and Ali?
(I hope I got that right?)and why?

Also give us some of your favorite quotes from your story (either the first or the sequel) and this one is for anyone who is reading or has read both of these stories. I have a feeling Tri has a few favorites she can share.

You can tell us who said it or you can just put the quote and have people guess. :)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2007, 01:47:05 PM »

LOL hmmm all good questions I shall ponder these as I drive to the library and answer once I get there!

Tri

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2007, 02:00:15 PM »

Ooo, Mare, you're right...  I have some to share!  I know there have been some killer lines that I've loved, so I gotta go back and look at my reviews to find which ones I really liked.  I'll post em later tonight!  :)

Tri

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2007, 02:12:29 PM »

Okay, I found ONE quote that I like from Accidentally In Love that I remember laughing about...  (I'm starting with AIL, but I promise I'll go to SWIB after that.  lol.)

"I can’t think about that, I won’t survive without her I know that. And losing her that’d kill me. I know, I know what’s with the melodrama. Yep I said melodrama. Bet you didn’t think I knew that huh? Well I do. I own a dictionary, and I use it damnit. Just because I act like a dumb blonde in front of the media doesn’t mean I’m actually a dumb blonde. But I know I’m never going to live down certain things I’ve said in the past. Resign, reside…whatever everyone knew what I meant. How many people have screwed up a word in their lives, I bet you that everyone has at least once. Even the winner of the spelling bee."

I think it's things like that, especially in Nick's narrations, that show that Teri captures Nick's personality SO well and manages to add little quirks to him.  That's why I feel like he's really real. 

Tri

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2007, 02:21:37 PM »

Okay, another favorite line of mine... 

"That was going to suck, going home and not seeing her there, the house was going to be so empty without her. Nick had gotten used to seeing her stuff lying everywhere, bras, thigh highs, shoes, girlie magazines, soccer cleats and now he wasn’t going to see that anymore."

To me, it showed that Nick cared more about Ali than just sex.  It was the presence of her in his life that he would miss when she wasn't around.  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10