Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: NC-17 stories  (Read 6282 times)

Laura Mae

• Captain of Commotion
NC-17 stories
« on: December 31, 2006, 02:18:15 PM »

I don't know if this was intentional, but for some reason, I can now view NC-17 stories on AC without having to be logged in. I don't know if you've made it so that the site recognizes the IP address of a member and grants access that way... but I just thought I'd give you a heads up if you haven't noticed this already.

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
Re: NC-17 stories
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 03:31:35 PM »

Heh. Um...yeah. I had to remove that feature when the site was having terrible troubles with letting people log in. I probably will be re-enabling it again, but was kind of waiting until I can upgrade the site to a new version of the script which I *think* is a bit more...user-friendly for the logging in/restricted areas. Or if I got any complaints from parents again...

Laura Mae

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 03:35:33 PM »

Okay, that's cool. I personally have no problem with it. *lol* I just wanted to make sure you knew about it so you didn't get into trouble again...  :-\

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 04:44:25 PM »

Or if I got any complaints from parents again...

Uh-oh, you got complaints from parents about the NC-17 stories?  LOL whoops.  I think if parents don't want their kids reading that stuff, they should learn to monitor their internet use better, not attack the owner of the website.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 05:02:41 PM »

Uh-oh, you got complaints from parents about the NC-17 stories?  LOL whoops.  I think if parents don't want their kids reading that stuff, they should learn to monitor their internet use better, not attack the owner of the website.

Yeah, one would think that, but I got a few angry parents emailing me at one point because they found out their daughters were reading (and/or writing) NC-17 stories here and there wasn't really any sort of regulation about it (and at that . Sooooo...they did have a point. I wouldn't want my neice or nephews reading it at their ages (though yes, I'm *very* watchful about what they do when they're online...the boys aren't so much into the internet or chatting yet, but she is getting into it now.) 

So I do my best to accomodate, but really the restriction thing...I have little doubt in my mind that people under 17 have signed up and lied about their ages. lol.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 05:11:40 PM »

Yeah, one would think that, but I got a few angry parents emailing me at one point because they found out their daughters were reading (and/or writing) NC-17 stories here and there wasn't really any sort of regulation about it (and at that . Sooooo...they did have a point. I wouldn't want my neice or nephews reading it at their ages (though yes, I'm *very* watchful about what they do when they're online...the boys aren't so much into the internet or chatting yet, but she is getting into it now.) 

So I do my best to accomodate, but really the restriction thing...I have little doubt in my mind that people under 17 have signed up and lied about their ages. lol.

Oh, I'm sure LOL.  I've been reading fanfic since I was 14 and writing it since I was 15... I would have lied to sign up too. :P   I stumbled onto my first visual when I was 14, and it didn't exactly scar me for life.
~Julie

Laura Mae

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 05:19:40 PM »

Oh, I'm sure LOL.  I've been reading fanfic since I was 14 and writing it since I was 15... I would have lied to sign up too. :P   I stumbled onto my first visual when I was 14, and it didn't exactly scar me for life.

*lmao* That reminds me back when I read some of my first fan fic... whenever I happened to come across a sex scene, I was like, "Ewwwww! That's so not right! How can people write about that?!" And look at me now... all of my stories are NC-17. XD Though I usually make sure that sex is nowhere near the focus of the story. Well, except in Sexcapades! but come on... it's Sexcapades! *lol*

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 05:23:15 PM »

*lmao* That reminds me back when I read some of my first fan fic... whenever I happened to come across a sex scene, I was like, "Ewwwww! That's so not right! How can people write about that?!" And look at me now... all of my stories are NC-17. XD Though I usually make sure that sex is nowhere near the focus of the story. Well, except in Sexcapades! but come on... it's Sexcapades! *lol*

LOL yeah, I was quite shocked by it, but I read a few of them just because I guess I was sort of intrigued!  LMAO   It's different once you get older though.  I never read visuals, unless it's like a friend's story that she wants me to read or something, but I can appreciate a good sex scene in the context of a good romance or whatever, where it fits in with an actual story with an actual plot.
~Julie

DragonStar

• Major Disruption
  • Jeezy Chreezy™!
    • Write On My Soul - My Fic Site
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 05:52:05 PM »

OOOOH!!! I have a story! lol

A girl I used to talk to(for like, a week lol) sent me a link to a fic that she said she thought was good. I started reading it and it was interesting... Until they got to the part where the female character has a threesome with Nick and Aaron(ewwwwwwwww, incest!!!) as a "birthday present" from the two of them. I didn't read that part at all, but as I was trying to see if it actually made a turn for the less-creepy, I realized it was a visual. Keep in mind this girl was younger than I was at the time(she was 12, i think).

Needless to say I never talked to her again after that.
~Dragon*~

Icon by ___iicons on LJ

"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 06:06:19 PM »

OOOOH!!! I have a story! lol

A girl I used to talk to(for like, a week lol) sent me a link to a fic that she said she thought was good. I started reading it and it was interesting... Until they got to the part where the female character has a threesome with Nick and Aaron(ewwwwwwwww, incest!!!) as a "birthday present" from the two of them. I didn't read that part at all, but as I was trying to see if it actually made a turn for the less-creepy, I realized it was a visual. Keep in mind this girl was younger than I was at the time(she was 12, i think).

Needless to say I never talked to her again after that.

Eww, a Nick and Aaron threesome, that is creepy LOL.  And a 12-year-old was reading that?  Yeah, that's weird LOL.
~Julie

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 06:09:44 PM »

Yeah what's with the Aaron, Nick incest thing EWWW lol. It's one thing to do slash but slash about brothers??! That's just *shivers* oh so wrong. I've had a few people suggest that since in one of my stories Nick got a threesome and one of the girls ends up dating Aaron that he should get one with Nick's girl. Even that is stretching it for me.
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

DragonStar

• Major Disruption
  • Jeezy Chreezy™!
    • Write On My Soul - My Fic Site
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 09:25:08 PM »

Eww, a Nick and Aaron threesome, that is creepy LOL.  And a 12-year-old was reading that?  Yeah, that's weird LOL.

Yeah, exactly my point lol.
~Dragon*~

Icon by ___iicons on LJ

"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 12:26:15 AM »

I'm gonna have to agree on the sex without a point. That bothers me in stories.

Though I don't particularly like visuals. ::)

And, Ash, I can bet there's plenty of people lying about their age. Like all those eleven year olds registering for MySpace... *shakes head*
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 02:00:22 PM »

But at least you've covered your own ass, so you have no responsibility for it
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

felikia2009

• Innocent Bystander
  • Tell them how I am defying gravity!
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 12:47:55 PM »

lmao...i think i read my first visual when i was around 15 or 16...but i mean, how else would i learn about the birds and the bees? my parents never gave me that talk! LOL

~Blend and Avatar made by someone on DLS for me (it was so long ago and I don't remember who lol)
Pages: [1] 2