Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Name the Posting Groups!  (Read 25959 times)

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
Name the Posting Groups!
« on: December 31, 2006, 04:26:57 PM »

Okay, I kept hoping I'd get creative enough to come up with something, but it's just not happening.

I hate the titles of the posting groups (based on how many posts you make you're a newbie, a jr. member, full...you get the idea). I think that's just boring.

So you'd think I'd come up with something more interesting, but I guess like my current drought with writing fics, my creative juices just aren't flowing. *sigh*.

So I'd like some help. Suggestions anyone? (I put in a couple for newbie and jr, but am not sold on keeping those titles lol).

(Oh, and just as an incentive threat (  ;D ) if ya'll don't help me come up with stuff I'll probably start making ya'll post as "Fluffy Bunnies" until you reach 500 posts  :P

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Name the Posting Groups!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 04:30:12 PM »

I noticed you'd been changing those. ;D  I like how they relate to the Absolute "Chaos" - at least that's what it seems like, with the Master of Havoc, Innocent Bystander, etc.

Do you watch South Park?  Butters's evil alter-ego is called Professor Chaos, and his sidekick is General Disarray, and then he has "the minions," his pet gerbils LOL.  It's pretty funny.  I don't know if I'm actually suggesting that or not, but it's just what I was thinking of.  I do like the minions thing though... and the word disarray.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

DragonStar

• Major Disruption
  • Jeezy Chreezy™!
    • Write On My Soul - My Fic Site
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 04:30:20 PM »

lol gawd no, not the fluffy bunnies!!!

um, Supreme Master has a ring to it... hehe j/k

what are the limits for the posting groups? like, how many before you're a jr. member, etc.?
~Dragon*~

Icon by ___iicons on LJ

"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

DragonStar

• Major Disruption
  • Jeezy Chreezy™!
    • Write On My Soul - My Fic Site
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 04:31:45 PM »

I noticed you'd been changing those. ;D  I like how they relate to the Absolute "Chaos" - at least that's what it seems like, with the Master of Havoc, Innocent Bystander, etc.

Do you watch South Park?  Butters's evil alter-ego is called Professor Chaos, and his sidekick is General Disarray, and then he has "the minions," his pet gerbils LOL.  It's pretty funny.  I don't know if I'm actually suggesting that or not, but it's just what I was thinking of.  I do like the minions thing though... and the word disarray.

That sounds like a cool idea.
~Dragon*~

Icon by ___iicons on LJ

"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 04:36:54 PM »

lol gawd no, not the fluffy bunnies!!!

um, Supreme Master has a ring to it... hehe j/k

what are the limits for the posting groups? like, how many before you're a jr. member, etc.?

You currently change levels at 50 posts, 100 posts, 250 posts, and 500, though more groups can be added and can change those up. I'll probably add more if and when we start getting members who post over 500 posts. Eeks. ;)

(I'm also starting a search for fun smilies to add, so if any of ya'll have good sources for those that are free to use...let me know or send me your favorites!)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 04:37:59 PM »

That sounds like a cool idea.

Thanks! LOL   If that was to be used, it could go by rank... like Ash could be Professor Chaos, of course, and the mods or the highest ranking posters could be General Disarray or General of Disarray, and then we could make up more, like Colonel of Havoc, Major of Mayhem, Captain of Commotion... I dunno LOL.
~Julie

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 04:39:41 PM »

LOL. I actually don't watch South Park (d'oh!) but that's great...hmmm.. .suppose my cats would serve as minions? :P  

Thanks for the ideas, those are great. (okay, so ya'll are off the Fluffy Bunny hook now...though that would be funny for the poor newbies...mayb e I should add a level until you're up to 5 posts...lol)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 04:43:00 PM »

Okay, I kept hoping I'd get creative enough to come up with something, but it's just not happening.

I hate the titles of the posting groups (based on how many posts you make you're a newbie, a jr. member, full...you get the idea). I think that's just boring.

So you'd think I'd come up with something more interesting, but I guess like my current drought with writing fics, my creative juices just aren't flowing. *sigh*.

So I'd like some help. Suggestions anyone? (I put in a couple for newbie and jr, but am not sold on keeping those titles lol).

(Oh, and just as an incentive threat (  ;D ) if ya'll don't help me come up with stuff I'll probably start making ya'll post as "Fluffy Bunnies" until you reach 500 posts  :P

HEY!! Wasn't fluffy bunnies and kitties one of MY ideas?  :o :P lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 04:45:59 PM »

*shrug* I like bunnies and kitties. ;D
~Julie

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 04:47:11 PM »

I just like Julie better than you  :P 

(LOL and yes, indeed, Mare is responsible for the group formerly known as newbies being called Fluffy Bunnies  :-*)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 04:49:57 PM »

(LOL and yes, indeed, Mare is responsible for the group formerly known as newbies being called Fluffy Bunnies  :-*)

Don't make me smite you! lmao  >:(
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 04:50:18 PM »

Why thank you!  I applaud you for liking me better! :D

LOL ;)
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 04:50:54 PM »

Don't make me smite you! lmao  >:(

I just applauded him, so your smite would only cancel things out.  So nyah! :P  LOL
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006, 04:51:13 PM »

Why thank you!  I applaud you for liking me better! :D

LOL ;)
or you! lmao  >:(

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2006, 04:54:46 PM »

I just applauded him, so your smite would only cancel things out.  So nyah! :P  LOL

Don't make me summon my evil minions! I have them stored in the basement for occasions such as these!

Pages: [1] 2 3