Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 60

Author Topic: Julie's Update Junction  (Read 140708 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Julie's Update Junction
« Reply #615 on: May 17, 2019, 08:11:07 PM »

Thanks for catching up!  I honestly wasn't sure if you would even want to read this story once you found out what it was about because of your husband.  I am showing the worst case scenario here as far as it progressing so fast and probably exaggerating things for the sake of drama, so I hope it's not scaring you.  I find it scary myself!  I'm glad you're enjoying it though, and I'm very glad your husband is doing well now!  EF of 5%???  Wow, that is really low... thank god he has gotten better!

Thanks for taking the time to read and give feedback!  I really appreciate it!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 08:21:13 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #616 on: May 18, 2019, 11:22:00 AM »

Chapter 15 of AHTIM is up!
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #617 on: May 20, 2019, 05:44:28 AM »

Just finished chapter 15, glad Nick is doing well after the ICD implant and no signs of infection...ye t!  But poor Brian, scoring as low as a corpse is not good at all.  I hope he improves.  I also hope the emergency generator doesn't run out if the storm is more serious than usual storms.

I'm not finding it upsetting to read as know quite a bit about dilated cardiomyapothy now due to Tim having it, and know that it's different for each person.  Luckily for Tim he is doing well on all of his medication and leads a more or less normal life at the moment :)

Looking forward to the next chapter

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #618 on: May 20, 2019, 07:33:53 PM »

Thanks for the feedback!  I'm glad to hear that.  I have been doing lots of research, of course, and trying to write realistically, but of course Nick never gets off easy in my stories.  Neither does Brian LOL.
~Julie

smh1105

• Fledgling
« Reply #619 on: May 20, 2019, 09:41:34 PM »

I am loving the story! It's very intriguing as to what is going to happen next. I'm nervous about what else is going to happen if the 'storm is just beginning'. I also liked when Nick compared his heart to the movie Speed. Only nick would come up with something like that. And then I had to LOL when he asked if he was hotter than Nick Lachey!
~Shaina~
"A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity" Franz Kafka
"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity" Edgar Allen Poe

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #620 on: May 20, 2019, 09:56:52 PM »

Thanks for the feedback!  Mwahaha... you should be nervous!  I love a Speed reference almost as much as I love a Titanic reference.  The movie never gets old.  Just like Nick Carter will always be hotter than Nick Lachey.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #621 on: May 25, 2019, 06:13:45 PM »

Chapter 16 of AHTIM is up, and Hurricane Melissa is here!  Mwahaha...
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #622 on: May 25, 2019, 11:56:09 PM »

I could have sworn I left a review for Chapter 15...oh well. I’ll just write my thoughts on both 15 and 16 here since i just got done reading 16.

First of all. LMAO at the Speed reference. Classic movie. Second...I still do not trust Dani...I’m starting to like her a little more but there’s something telling me not to completely do a 180 just yet. Holding onto that for now, xD

I snorted at the Nick Lachey comment because while i love 98 Degrees, Jeff is way hotter than Nick, and Nick Carter is way hotter than Nick Lachey. Lmao. I was so sad when Brian didn’t respond to anything they were doing to wake him up. However, I do know how you are and I know you wont let him off that easy!! Can’t wait to see what happens with the whole Brian/coma situation and this hurricane.

Love that you threw in the power outage. Now it gets interesting, how are they going to get out of this one?

LMFAO at the hurricane being Hurricane Melissa....for reasons. XD

If Brian dies I will not be okay. Hoping there’s a chance he pulls through but then again...this is you and you do like killing off the boys so hmmmmm. Can’t wait for the next chapter!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #623 on: May 26, 2019, 12:41:12 AM »

Thanks for the feedback!  I'm glad you're starting to like Dani a little more, even if you don't completely trust her yet.  Totally agree about 98 Degrees; Jeff is my favorite too and is definitely hotter than Nick Lachey, as is Carter.  And I love Speed; this is at least my third Speed reference in a fanfic.

The power outage has been planned since the beginning, so I was so excited to finally get to it.  The first two versions of this story I started were set further north (one of them was in New Jersey), and it was going to be either a blizzard/ice storm or noreaster instead of a hurricane that caused the power outage.  Then I changed it to Key West and a hurricane, which worked out better.  I looked up the hurricane names for the 2019 season, and once I saw that Melissa was the M name, I started cracking up.

Yeah, my track record is against me when it comes to killing off the boys LOL.  I've killed one at the end of the last three novels I've finished, so... :/
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #624 on: May 31, 2019, 07:36:31 PM »

Today was my first day of summer vacation!  I’m going to be out of town tomorrow, so I thought I’d go ahead and update a day early.  Chapter 17 of A Heart That Isn’t Mine is up!
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #625 on: June 01, 2019, 01:41:02 AM »

Loved this chapter, I read it before i went out for the evening. Loved that you showed what was going on while Nick was unconscious and not just what he was imagining in his head. I enjoyed that transition. Glad he wasn’t really throwing up blood either. I sense that there are some feelings developing between Nick and Dani, maybe that is just me. Or maybe I am not being so cynical lol..dunno which. I’m glad he’s going to be okay (for now) because I know you won’t let him off that easily  ;)

Can’t wait for the next chapter

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #626 on: June 03, 2019, 06:04:14 PM »

Thanks!!  I'm glad you liked the transition between reality and Nick's dream or out of body experience or whatever you wanna call it.  I've written this story mostly in third person limited point of view, focusing on Nick, but I'm planning to eventually include scenes focusing on other characters, so this will help set up for that.  Also it's hard to "show, not tell" when the main character is unconscious LOL.

Hm, you may be on to some things. ;)  Thanks again!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #627 on: June 08, 2019, 11:05:19 PM »

Chapter 18 of AHTIM is up!
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #628 on: June 11, 2019, 04:43:13 AM »

Just caught up on the last three chapters and can't believe their bad luck, not only are they cut off from everyone due to the storm, but the generator goes down and Nick's ICD is working overtime!  But so glad they managed to keep Brian alive...for now.  Also glad Nick's heart is still managing to keep going.

I am warming to Dani, but there's still something I don't trust about any of them, I'm glad I'm not the only one lol, but we will see.

Storm Melissa, that is a nice touch lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #629 on: June 11, 2019, 06:26:02 PM »

It's a worse case scenario for sure!  My characters rarely have good luck, LOL.

I'm glad you're warming to Dani.  Everyone is so suspicious on this forum!  I love the speculation though.

As for the storm name, I am a stickler for accuracy, so I looked up the name list for this year's Atlantic hurricane season, and when I saw that Melissa is the M name, I laughed really hard and decided it was meant to be.  Thanks for mentioning it!
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 60