Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 60

Author Topic: Julie's Update Junction  (Read 140723 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Julie's Update Junction
« Reply #690 on: September 22, 2019, 04:30:33 PM »

Thanks!  LOL It's hard to say; they're both pretty bad!  They're so fun to write though.  Glad you're still enjoying it!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #691 on: September 28, 2019, 06:03:02 PM »

Chapter 36 of AHTIM is up!  We've reached the climax, but it's a loooooong way down, so take a deep breath and hold on tight!
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #692 on: September 29, 2019, 02:36:14 PM »

So Dani finally did something right, I'm so glad Nick is free of that place, but maybe he's too far gone to recover from what they've done to him.  I just hope he doesn't get to hospital to have Elizabeth treat him!

And Brian, I wonder if he will be able to move enough to fight his way free? I don't think it will be that easy though.

I hope Dani is stopped as she tries to flee, I don't want her to get away with it, I want her to have a taste of her own medicine lol.

Great chapter and can't wait for more :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #693 on: September 29, 2019, 02:41:51 PM »

Thank you!  I love your speculation and predictions.  I can't comment too much on them without giving anything away, but I can't wait to post the next few chapters.  Thanks again!
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #694 on: October 01, 2019, 12:48:30 AM »

That chapter gave me some anxiety.... Geez

I'm glad Dani kinda did the right thing but I don't want her to get away with it. I hope Brian frees himself somehow. I don't think nick
Is in the clear yet somehow though. Something tells me that it's not over for him. Can't wait to see what you do with this.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #695 on: October 01, 2019, 05:27:45 PM »

LOL I understand.  This whole story gives me anxiety, and I know how it's going to end!  Even though Nick's away from Dani, he's definitely not in the clear at this point.  Stay tuned!  Thanks for the feedback, Tracy!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #696 on: October 03, 2019, 08:37:05 PM »

Chapter 37 of AHTIM is up!
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #697 on: October 05, 2019, 04:47:01 PM »

Poor Nick, he doesn't sound in good shape at all, but at least he's in the right place unless Elizabeth is his doctor there!

I was so excited so see Brian getting use of his body back, but knew there would be some obstacle in the way.  I just hope he can fight Patrick off or that another passer by comes along, otherwise it's back to the torture for him :(

Can't wait to see what happens next

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #698 on: October 05, 2019, 06:10:59 PM »

Thanks, Steph!  Yeah, you knew I wouldn't let Brian escape that easily.  As for Nick, all I can say is an evil "mwahahaha!"

I just posted Chapter 38, so you can at least find out what happens next!
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #699 on: October 05, 2019, 10:48:07 PM »

Yes. Go Brian go!! I was rooting for him the whole chapter...

I had a feeling that they were lying about Brian's injuries, and it was the drugs putting him in the state he was in. Which also leads me to wonder if anything was wrong with Nick in the first place, and if he needed that surgery they performed on him.

Since the place wasn't even a hospital, now I worry if any of their stuff was sterile, in which case Nick is really in trouble. That would explain a lot of why he's so bad off.

Damn it, Patrick!!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #700 on: October 05, 2019, 11:31:20 PM »

Thanks for the feedback!  The Brian scenes in both 37 and 38 were so much fun to write!  After basically writing a whole story in which the characters are lying in hospital beds, it was nice to finally be able to include some action.

Yeah, they were both fine before the freak squad got their hands on them.  They used a neuromuscular blocking agent on Brian to paralyze him - same kind of drug that's used for general anesthesia, but without the sedatives and painkillers that put you to sleep and numb you up.

As for Nick, they flat out lied to him about a lot of things, but his physical symptoms were side effects of digoxin poisoning.  When I first came up with this idea, I was going to use potassium because I knew too much or too little potassium will mess with your heart and can cause cardiac arrest in extreme cases, but once I started researching, I read that it burns when injected in the kind of doses they would need to trigger those kind of side effects, so that would be too obvious.  Then I started looking into healthcare serial workers to see what other drugs one could get away with using without being obvious, and I discovered Charles Cullen, who was a nurse in New Jersey who killed a bunch of patients with digoxin.  I read a whole book about him.  Anyway, digoxin is the perfect drug for this because it's used to treat heart failure, arrhythmias, etc., but it can easily build to toxic levels and cause a lot of heart-related side effects that are similar to the symptoms of the conditions it's used to treat.  So nothing was really wrong with Nick in the beginning, but he is legitimately sick now because of everything they've done to him, including implant that thing in him with materials that may not have been sterilized to hospital standards.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #701 on: October 12, 2019, 04:15:53 PM »

Chapter 39 of AHTIM is up!
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #702 on: October 13, 2019, 03:59:41 PM »

No. No. No. Fuck you Elizabeth. No.

Gosh that was a lot. I am glad Nick is at the hospital but they need to figure out who she is before she kills him and blames the surgery. Fucking christ. I felt so bad for Lauren blaming herself for what happened. I hope Brian is taken there and can tell everyone what Elizabeth is doing before Nick is hurt further. Loving this story so much.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #703 on: October 13, 2019, 06:15:01 PM »

Thanks, Tracy!  Yeah, poor Nick is definitely not safe yet, not until Elizabeth is far, far away from him.  Will they figure it out before she puts him under the knife?  Wait and see!
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #704 on: October 16, 2019, 08:11:46 AM »

I knew it, I had a feeling that Elizabeth would be his cardiologist in the real hospital.  I just hope that the police realise who she is and can stop her before she gets to kill him off! 

And I'm also glad Brian was rescued.  When the boot of the car opened I really thought it was going to be Patrick, it was a relief that it was the police and they arrested Patrick.

Those poor guys have gone through so much, I just hope both survive.

Loving it as always and can't believe I had two chapters to catch up on (it's been a busy week in real life).  Can't wait for more :)
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 60