Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Featured story of the month for December - Yesterday's Blue Skies by Just Marina  (Read 13732 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Hello!

Well it's the month of December which by all accounts is the busiest month out of the year for most of us, so I thought i'd go with a story that the author isn't always around, to see how it goes. Maria knows that I picked this one for the month and she's going to be dropping in from time to time to answer questions and comment (I hope) so we'll see how it goes. If it works we'll be featuring more stories where the author isn't always here all the time.

The reason I picked this one, besides it being requested by a few people on here is because it's been only one of the very few sci-fi stories that has ever managed to hold my attention. It's not complete but I hope that Maria will gain some motivation by being featured this month.

I hope you guys give this one a chance. :)

So here's the link to the story:

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=2422

Happy reading and enjoy!!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction

Oh yay I love this story!

*Sci-fi dork*

I want it updated soooooo bad lmao. Between Nick and his powers, and AJ's darker side inside him and his heritage in this story, I'm antsy for a new chapter. And it still holds the brotherly bonds and personalities they have as the real life BSBs but it's incorporated into the sci-fi futuristic world which is pretty neat.  ;D
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

Ooo, I'm actually curious to read this one. I'll have to get started soon. Yay! Congrats marina!!! Hope you do stop by sometime this month!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction

Ooo, I'm actually curious to read this one. I'll have to get started soon. Yay! Congrats marina!!! Hope you do stop by sometime this month!

You should, it's good., unique plot line, great just story.

And you should read my new story *nudges cause I miss your rambly reviews* LOL I'm so bad.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

I haven't read this, but I will be in a few weeks since she is nominated for a Felix award in a category I am judging :) So I look forward to catching up on it and congratulation s!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction

Shame on you both for not having read this yet  :P

Then again the last update was in 2005 lol. It's good to see a sci-fi being featured though. There's not enough of those out there in BSB fanfic, especially good ones like this.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster

I just read the prologue!!! So I've started at least!!!  :P   And it was really intriguing, so I'm sure I will be back here with more to say about it as I go.  ;D (cause we all know I can never shut up)
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction

Yay!

and lol it's okay, it's fun to see you ramble :D

honey

• Supreme Time Waster

Shame on you both for not having read this yet  :P

Then again the last update was in 2005 lol. It's good to see a sci-fi being featured though. There's not enough of those out there in BSB fanfic, especially good ones like this.

hehe I wrote a si-fi once... kevin's head exploded. It was fun. I'm sick lol. I love si-fi too but I've never read a sifi fan fic so I'm interested to see how this one goes. I will be really sad if I fall in love with it and never get to read an ending though, *cough* Julilly needs to update *cough*  so hopefully Marina will want to work on it since she's featured.

(but I have  32 chapters to get to before I get to that point so You have some time hun.)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction

hehe I wrote a si-fi once... kevin's head exploded. It was fun. I'm sick lol. I love si-fi too but I've never read a sifi fan fic so I'm interested to see how this one goes. I will be really sad if I fall in love with it and never get to read an ending though, *cough* Julilly needs to update *cough*  so hopefully Marina will want to work on it since she's featured.

(but I have  32 chapters to get to before I get to that point so You have some time hun.)

Being twisted is fun! I...well okay, Nick killed Julie :D. You've never read a sci-fi? *GASP* That's tragic.

Marina must update. And yes! Julilly DOES need to! *goes to poke em with sticks*

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

*cough* Julilly needs to update *cough* 

I know, that girl is such a slacker.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

marina

• Innocent Bystander
  • Leave me where I am, I'm only sleeping

Hello!

Well it's the month of December which by all accounts is the busiest month out of the year for most of us, so I thought i'd go with a story that the author isn't always around, to see how it goes. Maria knows that I picked this one for the month and she's going to be dropping in from time to time to answer questions and comment (I hope) so we'll see how it goes. If it works we'll be featuring more stories where the author isn't always here all the time.

The reason I picked this one, besides it being requested by a few people on here is because it's been only one of the very few sci-fi stories that has ever managed to hold my attention. It's not complete but I hope that Maria will gain some motivation by being featured this month.

I hope you guys give this one a chance. :)

So here's the link to the story:

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=2422

Happy reading and enjoy!!

Thanks again for choosing my story mare. I'll try to be around as much as possible and I especially will come back as soon as possible to answer the questions of your other post :D
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde

marina

• Innocent Bystander

Oh yay I love this story!

*Sci-fi dork*

I want it updated soooooo bad lmao. Between Nick and his powers, and AJ's darker side inside him and his heritage in this story, I'm antsy for a new chapter. And it still holds the brotherly bonds and personalities they have as the real life BSBs but it's incorporated into the sci-fi futuristic world which is pretty neat.  ;D

Oh wow thank you so much :D Can I use this to reply to mare's request for a different summary?  :P LOL
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde

marina

• Innocent Bystander

Thanks and I'll try to stop by as much as possible :)
Pages: [1] 2 3