Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Featured story of the month for December - Yesterday's Blue Skies by Just Marina  (Read 13821 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

aww the tiny guys are soo cute! This thread has been kind of quiet this month. But then, the whole board has been quiet. Gotta love December huh? Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and say Yay Marina!!! Again. I only have like 9 chapters left and I think I am going to cry when I get there and there is no ending. Do you hear me??? I am going to cry!!! I mean it, I'll do it!  lol if that's not incentive for you to update, well then its simply out of my hands. I can read and review and beg and plug shamelessly, but after that??

*sigh* I wish I had some kind of power like the boys and I could just will everyone to update all the time.

speaking of powers, I don't think I mentioned it in my reviews, but Nicky's new power of the premonitions or whatever they are? They remind me of Sam Winchester's visions and as much as it sucks for the poor kid I keep waiting for Sammy to show up like he did in Children Like Me and save the day. Then I giggle to myself and want to write a Children Like Me/Yesterday's Blue Skies crossover. hehe. I'm a dork.

Seriously guys, if you haven't checked this one out yet, you should! The boys are just so wonderful in this. They crack me up.

now I'm off to go read more and hopefully I find out what Nick saw before I reach the end... 

If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster

ok sorry I'm back and I'm in tears! I can't believe it stops there!!! Mare, Rose!!! You should have warned me! Honestly I'm like heart broken right now that I can't read the end. In fact, I don't know how much I like the idea of unfinished stories being featured anymore because I just remembered why I don't normally read them. Though it was totally worth it and I love this story and it sooooo deserved to be featured and I still think EVERYONE should go read it!!!!  I'm just pouting right now.

So it's been like what 2 full years since the last update and we can pretty much assume it's not getting finished right? So does anyone who has read it, know how it ends? Marina, have you given up any of those details? If you aren't planing on finishing it, you should give us a little summary of how you meant to end it. I'm too curious for my own good. (worse than a cat)

Anyway, congratulation s again Marina! Wonderful job!!! Excellent story!!!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Tell me about it Kelly. I have been bugging her to write on this one for over a year. LOL you are right though, it's excellent in every way. Maria is a telented writer with a huge imagination. You should check out her other stories. They are all short and finished.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

this month is almost over. I can't even believe it. I hope some of you read this story or what is there of it so far. I know it's one of my favorites and I hope Maria, that you get to updating it soon. I knew you wouldn't really be around this month that much but I still hope the few times you've had to pop in have been fun for you.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?

I've been reading it. I was putting off the longer ones in my categories... :-[. But yesterday my internet was like, ha ha, screw you, I shall not work today! (stupid weather)... So I went, eh, this is probably something I could enjoy... I mean they have magic powers... So I did pick it up.

And I'll admit at first I was like... whooo grammar, but I forced myself to keep reading... Because I have an obligation and it's not like you can expect non-native speakers to write like they are native speakers, so I can forgive that. And whoever said it's better grammar/coherency than some native speakers, they were correct. :D

I'm about half way done. And I do like it. :) So keep up the good work. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Yay to you reading it Dee! That's awesome.

I know Maria is so hard on herself when it comes to writing in English. I wish she wasn't because like I always tell her, she is far better at the language then a lot of people who speak it as a first language. Same with Mersey. I gave everyone who writes in their second or third language so much credit. I'm not sure I would be able to do that.

I know she has written a lot of stories in Spanish and I am waiting for her to translate them to english for me lol

marina

• Innocent Bystander
  • Leave me where I am, I'm only sleeping

ok sorry I'm back and I'm in tears! I can't believe it stops there!!! Mare, Rose!!! You should have warned me! Honestly I'm like heart broken right now that I can't read the end. In fact, I don't know how much I like the idea of unfinished stories being featured anymore because I just remembered why I don't normally read them. Though it was totally worth it and I love this story and it sooooo deserved to be featured and I still think EVERYONE should go read it!!!!  I'm just pouting right now.

So it's been like what 2 full years since the last update and we can pretty much assume it's not getting finished right? So does anyone who has read it, know how it ends? Marina, have you given up any of those details? If you aren't planing on finishing it, you should give us a little summary of how you meant to end it. I'm too curious for my own good. (worse than a cat)

Anyway, congratulation s again Marina! Wonderful job!!! Excellent story!!!

Once again I'm going all 'awwww' at your reviews. Thank you soooo much for everything you have been saying. It's great to know there are people enjoying your stories no matter how full of grammar mistakes they are. And don't say that it won't get finished because I don't want to accept that. I will finish it one day, I have to.

As for details about what's going to happen, I don't think I have shared them although mare knew about something that's was going to happen (or not hehe) in the next chapter but she probably doesn't remember it anymore considering last time we talked about it was years ago. I so need to finish this story. Believe it or not, I even feel like writing something right now. I'll try to find the time soon girls, just because how awesome you girls have been in this thread :)
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde

marina

• Innocent Bystander

this month is almost over. I can't even believe it. I hope some of you read this story or what is there of it so far. I know it's one of my favorites and I hope Maria, that you get to updating it soon. I knew you wouldn't really be around this month that much but I still hope the few times you've had to pop in have been fun for you.

It was fun mare :D And it helped me to keep my mind off some other things at least for a little while so thank you for that too :)
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde

marina

• Innocent Bystander

Yay to you reading it Dee! That's awesome.

I know Maria is so hard on herself when it comes to writing in English. I wish she wasn't because like I always tell her, she is far better at the language then a lot of people who speak it as a first language. Same with Mersey. I gave everyone who writes in their second or third language so much credit. I'm not sure I would be able to do that.

I know she has written a lot of stories in Spanish and I am waiting for her to translate them to english for me lol

Can you believe that I accepted to have the story featured without going back to edit it once again? I don't know if that's a good thing or not :P You know me mare, and you know that a couple of years ago I would have been freaking out at the idea of people discussing a story that has so many mistakes, right? I was thinking about it the other day when I was checking some chapters because I didn't remember some things and I was cringing with embarrasment at the mistakes thinking 'people are reading this?' lol I guess my priorities have changed. After all, I can always correct those when I go back to finish it. The important thing is that mistakes or not, it was fun :)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster

awww. well don't tell me a word if you plan on finishing it, I'd much rather read it!!! And that by the way made me do a little happy dance. :D   And you're welcome for the reviews lol. apparently they are like fan fic crack. But I never say anything undeserved, so all you're reviews means I loved your story! Yay Maria! I really did love it. And I would just adore it if you ever do get around to picking it back up.  Congrats again hun!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster

Can you believe that I accepted to have the story featured without going back to edit it once again? I don't know if that's a good thing or not :P You know me mare, and you know that a couple of years ago I would have been freaking out at the idea of people discussing a story that has so many mistakes, right? I was thinking about it the other day when I was checking some chapters because I didn't remember some things and I was cringing with embarrasment at the mistakes thinking 'people are reading this?' lol I guess my priorities have changed. After all, I can always correct those when I go back to finish it. The important thing is that mistakes or not, it was fun :)

but again, you can't beat yourself up over those. English is a secondary language for you. Mad props for doing as well as you do. Plus, this has to be great practice for you so I would imagine all of your stories get better as you go.  I say its worth it and I'm really glad you shared with us despite your lack of perfection. haha if people only wanted perfect stories, you could cross every single one I've ever written off the list! 

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts

Hi Maria,

I apologise for this late entry and congratulation s for getting YBS be the featured fic of Dec!! i wish this fic is completed, we need to know what your plans are for Kevin, lmao. (you're going to kill him arent you? argh!)...i love your portrayal of the boys in this fic. I used to read a lot of sci fi bsb fics back when i first started reading bsb fics. good written ones are always a great escape from the reality and the norm (and it's still the boys, so yay!) i do notice though that whenever authors write AUs, Howie always turned out to be a close family friend while the other four are brothers...i wonder why that is because im guilty for this too and i cant explain it myself, lol.

anyhoo...congr atulations once again!! *hugs*
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

LOL good point about Howie being the close family friend. I never thought about that.

Hope you had a great time Maria!

Happy New Year and love ya lots!

*hugs*

marina

• Innocent Bystander

Is it okay for me to still post in here? Hope I'm not going against some board rule or something. I just wanted to reply to mersey (*hugs mersey*). I don't know about other stories but I didn't want to go with all the boys being brothers for some reason. I thought 3 were enough and Kevin and Nick had to be brothers (because I said so lol) and then you have the 'family resemblance' between Kevin and Brian and then both Nick and Brian have blond hair and blue eyes so I just went with those three :)

Mare, love ya lots too :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]