Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: BSB Choose Your Own Adventure  (Read 4722 times)

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
BSB Choose Your Own Adventure
« on: December 06, 2007, 10:42:50 PM »

It's been running around in my brain for a while now, so I thought I'd share it finally.

You know those Choose Your Own Adventure books we read as kids?  What if one was written for Backstreet Boys?

How crazy would a person have to be to attempt that?

Maggie
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
Re: BSB Choose Your Own Adventure
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 10:44:25 PM »

I've actually read a BSB one before... I wish I could remember where that was at... *scratches head thoughtfully*
~ Amy.

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 10:46:40 PM »

I've actually read a BSB one before... I wish I could remember where that was at... *scratches head thoughtfully*

Really??  If you ever find it, do let me know.  I think it actually might be quite an adventure to write one of those.  You have to have multiple plotlines available for each option for each character.... Whoo wee!

Maggie
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 10:49:26 PM »

I don't think it'd be too hard, but it would definitely be fun! :D I once began writing a story that went back and forth between AJ and Brian's point of views, so I guess that could have been a choose your own adventure, but you couldn't choose whose point of view you wanted to read from. I should try writing an actual choose your own adventure story sometime... dang, this should be fun! Thanks for the idea, lol.
~ Amy.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 12:18:06 AM »

I remember reading a bsb fanfic version of a CYOA eons ago! I can't even remember who the author was.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 12:18:47 AM »

I have 2 written already. You Be the Judge and You Be the Detective. Some of the pictures may not be working but I'm pretty sure the stories are up there.

http://www.amandaswiftgold.com/prplelpstck/humor.html

I really should fix the heads, but yeah.. lol I have written 2 and was going to try for a third but couldn't get it to work (You Be the Reporter)... I'd still love to do another I had a blast writing those two. :-D
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 01:09:48 AM »

I'd still love to do another I had a blast writing those two. :-D

New Lipstick project? :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 06:08:58 AM »

Hehe, I attempted one of those as a huge collaboration once.  Mare was in on it... don't remember if anyone else from here was.  It was a huge mess; people didn't write their parts, and it threw the whole system off.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 06:18:02 AM »

I actually did attempt one of those. I had quite a bit of it written and then my computer died on me and I lost it all. I took that as a sign that maybe it just wasn't meant to be lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 12:23:28 AM »

~ Amy.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 03:11:18 PM »

New Lipstick project? :)

*shrugs* I could use you to help with the storyline but it might be easier if only one of us attempted to write it... well maybe if it was just us two ... since really we are the only any kind of active Lipsticks.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 09:35:22 PM »

http://web.archive.org/web/20001018114756/http:/www.angelfire.com/md/bsbgame/index.html

:D Thanks to Julie and her site for this.

Those are some stories now.  I'm hoping to do longer stories, not novel-length - those would take forever - and in 3rd POV for a change; there does come a time when first person can get tiresome.

But what should the story be about?  Hm.... ???

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 10:43:03 PM »

*shrugs* I could use you to help with the storyline but it might be easier if only one of us attempted to write it... well maybe if it was just us two ... since really we are the only any kind of active Lipsticks.

True.... Writing with two isn't so hard....
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 12:54:03 AM »

Those are some stories now.  I'm hoping to do longer stories, not novel-length - those would take forever - and in 3rd POV for a change; there does come a time when first person can get tiresome.

But what should the story be about?  Hm.... ???

You normally write in first person?! Cool! Me too! :D
~ Amy.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 10:57:38 PM »

choose your own adventures are typically one of the few stories you'll see that are written in second person though.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: [1] 2