Welcome > Suggestion Box

Challenges

(1/4) > >>

Nijntje:
Maybe we could start a monthly writer's challenge over here. I know it helps me to become a better writer and it makes me write about things (or maybe even just think about things) that I would never choose to write about myself. On the Ethereality board we had such a challenge-thing and I made quite a few suggestions over there for new ones. So for example, a challenge could look like this >

BSB member: Brian
Line of dialogue: "Turn around and pretend you never saw me"
Song: "Creepin'up on you" - Darren Hayes >>> Lyrics >>> Song
Color: Black
Action: Punch someone in the stomach
Restriction: No stalker fan(s)

So anyone up for the challenge-topic-idea? Or wanna throw it directly into the garbage can?

mare:
Sounds like a great idea to me! Have fun :)

DragonStar:

--- Quote from: Nijntje on January 01, 2007, 06:54:54 AM --- So for example, a challenge could look like this >

Song: "Creepin'up on you" - Darren Hayes >>> Lyrics >>> Song

So anyone up for the challenge-topic-idea? Or wanna throw it directly into the garbage can?

--- End quote ---

lol i honestly have no idea what that means, but i'd probably be up for it if one caught my attention, i guess.

mare:
I think what she means by that challenge is that you'd have to come up with a story including all the elements she mentioned above. But I think she may have just been using that as an example?

Like for instance if all you're given is a phrase, you'd have to come up with a short story based on it.

I think that would be a great idea for this board.

Let me know if i'm wrong though Nijntje.

Nijntje:
Yes, you're right Mare!
So let's take the example I just mentioned.

Song: "Creepin'up on you" - Darren Hayes

The story must involve Brian. Someone has to say "Turn around and pretend you never saw me". Some lyrics from "Creepin'up on you" by Darren Hayes must be used in the story. It also has to have something black in it. Someone has to punch someone else in the stomach (or must be punched in the stomach by somebody else). And you can't let any stalker fan(s) play a role in the story.

Now it'd probably be even better if then other authors judge the stories and let the writer know what they think about it, so that the writer can really learn from this. Does this clear things up?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version