Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: January picture Challenge  (Read 7862 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
January picture Challenge
« on: January 01, 2008, 08:26:26 AM »

Howdy and Happy New Year!

I am calling this the conversation challenge.

I know for me, dialogue is a very important part of being interested in a story. If there is hardly any dialogue and pages and pages of descriptions, I am bored out of my mind and end up losing interest in the story.

So here is your challenge:

You must create a conversation between Nick and AJ based on this picture using ONLY dialogue.

~ It must be at least 500 words
~ Dialogue only
~ There is no maximum length for this challenge but obviously the longer you make it, the harder it will be

I have written an entire short story with dialogue only and it's probably the hardest thing i've ever done. lol

Good luck and have fun!!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: January picture Challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 11:10:20 AM »

ooo this should be interesting.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 05:10:45 AM »

Coffee and Cigarettes:
http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8767

Finally I've done a challenge like I've been wanting to. I don't think it's all that great, but yeah lol. I tried. Definitely not as simple as I thought it'd be. Had fun with it though :)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 05:39:16 AM »

Is there any way I could view this pic... bigger?! I am sooo not making any sense right now, lol. But I would love to give this challenge a try (this would be my first time. ;D)
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 08:05:59 AM »

Btw, around what year was this picture taken?!
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 11:57:02 AM »

Is there any way I could view this pic... bigger?! I am sooo not making any sense right now, lol. But I would love to give this challenge a try (this would be my first time. ;D)

I thought I had the picture bigger when  I first picked it but sadly, I don't. I think it was taken in the summer when they were working on NeverGone. I'm not positive though.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 11:58:06 AM »

Coffee and Cigarettes:
http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8767

Finally I've done a challenge like I've been wanting to. I don't think it's all that great, but yeah lol. I tried. Definitely not as simple as I thought it'd be. Had fun with it though :)

Wow Rose, that was fast! lol

Nicely done as well. It is hard to write purely dialogue.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 08:23:05 PM »

Okay, thanks Mare!
~Me

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 10:34:58 AM »

my very first fanfic that a sample of was posted on my review site a long while back was actually only dialogue and it was more then 500 words... ought to be interesting if I can do that again.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 07:19:59 PM »

Aww, that was fun to write and not as hard as I thought it would be. So, here's mine, and I'm super excited that lots of people are doing this month's challenge (as opposed to the last couple months LOL)

Just Some Freaking Lunch: http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8772
Sarah

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 07:51:52 PM »

I've always wanted to do one of the famous monthly challenges, but either never have time to, or just no inspiration. But this one plain  funny. Reading all the different dialogue. So this month I actually tried it and it's been fun. It wasn't as hard once I got started...LOL. Thanks to those that have already read and reviewed...THA NKS!

Surprise For You ;D- http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8769

By the way good going with Coffee and Cigarettes, I'm off to read the new ones... ;)

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 08:12:10 PM »

Aww, I just went and read Rose, and kevmylove, and rebellious_one's challenge responses, and all of you did a fabulous job! Like I said before, I'm really glad so many people are trying this one out!

Also, too bad we didn't have this challenge before the Felix Award noms went out because some of these could definitely have worked out for that Thousand Lashes/Best use of dialogue award...Fabulo us job everyone! ;D
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 08:54:34 PM »

I am loving these so far. I love how in a lot of these Aj is the one with the fashion sense lol.

You guys are doing a great job!

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 09:35:15 PM »

Like everyone is saying, this challenge was the shiz!! Lol. Funny as hell, and so interesting. Everyone who responded to this challenge did a damn good job, because it's all unique, different and funny as hell!! I love it when AJ and Nick are conversing in a story, it's just so funny to read. Like I said, great job everyone (And Mare, where's yours?! :P)
~Me

shrinkingviolet

• Captain of Commotion
    • distant . faces
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 10:58:44 AM »

Well, this is the first challenge I've actually done, and it was kind of cool doing only dialogue.

Mystery Photographer -- http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8774
Pages: [1] 2 3