Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Rose's Update-palooza  (Read 77512 times)

brian_fan_4eva

• Fledgling
Re: Rose's Update-palooza
« Reply #330 on: August 18, 2013, 03:04:19 PM »

Here We Stand is amazingly perceptive and awesome! Love every moment of it, even  when Nick's being silly. Definitely looking forward to the next chapter.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #331 on: August 18, 2013, 03:28:11 PM »

Great update, Rose. I like how you managed to touch on a little bit of everything in this chapter without going too overboard with any of it. Love the bonding Kevin, Nick and Howie moments and of course Brian and Nick at the end, the only thing missing was Brian telling Nick he was sorry for being a lug nut all those years ago. I don't know why, but I feel like I need an apology to get over my feelings about all of that! 

I do wonder and hope that kind of discussion really did go down. I could see Nick being the one to address the issue and then feel guilty about it. For all we know, it was Howie being all "Brian you suck! we are doing things THIS way!!" We are all probably missing the mark with him and he is somehow the ruthless leader of the pack! I couldn't even say that with a straight face! LOL

Anyway, great to see you writing again. :)

Thanks Mare! There was a lot I wanted to cover with Nick but without going too far into any of them. LOL I'd love to get an apology from Brian but in my head for this one they've already done that. Though I wouldn't mind another!

There had to have been a talk in real life at some point. Howie's backed Brian too often for there not to have been. I do think it was Nick or Kevin. Nick's really stepped up over the years and I remember on their Around The World thing Nick was irritated when they were debating vocals. And Kevin's the perfectionist we know and love. AJ's AJ, and Howie's so PC that I don't think they'd do it lol. But of course with Nick, there's guilt.

It's great to be writing again. :)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #332 on: August 18, 2013, 03:29:27 PM »

Hi, I wanted to say that your story "Here We Stand" is amazing and I'm in love with it.

I love how you've captured each Backstreet Boy. I agree with Mare the bond between Nick and Kevin ♥ Just loved it and can totally see that, you've painted a picture incredibly well. I'm anxious to see what's in store for everybody next  8-)

Hi, thank you! I love finding out new people read my stuff.

Thank you again. This is my first story where I tackled all five POVs (and it's not AU) and in some cases it's not easy LOL. I don't know how Mare does it all the time. I'm really happy you're enjoying it.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #333 on: August 18, 2013, 03:30:16 PM »

Great chapter Rose, I couldn't believe it when I got an email to say you'd updated!

I liked how the voice issues were addressed, and also the way Howie and Kevin are there for Nick.  Good to see you back with this story :)

lol I couldn't believe it when I realized I finished it.

I love our Boys' bromances, I really missed writing this story. Thanks Steph!

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #334 on: August 18, 2013, 03:30:34 PM »

Here We Stand is amazingly perceptive and awesome! Love every moment of it, even  when Nick's being silly. Definitely looking forward to the next chapter.

Awww well thank you!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #335 on: August 18, 2013, 04:22:39 PM »

Thanks Mare! There was a lot I wanted to cover with Nick but without going too far into any of them. LOL I'd love to get an apology from Brian but in my head for this one they've already done that. Though I wouldn't mind another!

There had to have been a talk in real life at some point. Howie's backed Brian too often for there not to have been. I do think it was Nick or Kevin. Nick's really stepped up over the years and I remember on their Around The World thing Nick was irritated when they were debating vocals. And Kevin's the perfectionist we know and love. AJ's AJ, and Howie's so PC that I don't think they'd do it lol. But of course with Nick, there's guilt.

It's great to be writing again. :)

One day a short story where a long overdue apology is given may be written. LOL perhaps on one's birthday!

Maybe one day we'll get the full story from Kevin about the whole Brian voice issue! Once again, welcome back! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #336 on: August 18, 2013, 04:27:33 PM »

That's not a bad idea lol. Especially since Nick and Brian are so squishy again.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #337 on: August 18, 2013, 04:37:34 PM »

Yes, it's time for s Frick and Frack story maybe with a happier ending than last birthday lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #338 on: August 18, 2013, 04:57:52 PM »

I love your avy. And yes it is!

In honor of their squishyness I changed my avy cause I really did miss those two.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #339 on: August 18, 2013, 05:01:01 PM »

Loved the new chapter Rose. I love a good Nick/Brian angst scene. I had to laugh at Nick's ADD brain cheering on the squirrel LMFAO

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #340 on: August 18, 2013, 05:20:23 PM »

aww! That's a great picture as well!

Loving all the squishy moments between all the boys! Except AJ, nobody seems to be getting squishy with him. I bet it's the beard and whatever might be living inside of that thing! LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #341 on: August 18, 2013, 07:41:36 PM »

I love your new avy, Rose, and I love your new chapter, too!  Like Mare said, you did a good job touching on a lot of issues, but I especially enjoyed your take on the vocal issues and the conversation between Nick and Brian at the end.  I would feel bad if I were Nick too, but he said what needed to be said, and I'm glad Brian understood.  Good to see you writing again!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #342 on: August 19, 2013, 12:00:31 AM »

aww! That's a great picture as well!

Loving all the squishy moments between all the boys! Except AJ, nobody seems to be getting squishy with him. I bet it's the beard and whatever might be living inside of that thing! LOL

LOL AJ's chapter is actually next. You will have some squishy AJ then.

I love your new avy, Rose, and I love your new chapter, too!  Like Mare said, you did a good job touching on a lot of issues, but I especially enjoyed your take on the vocal issues and the conversation between Nick and Brian at the end.  I would feel bad if I were Nick too, but he said what needed to be said, and I'm glad Brian understood.  Good to see you writing again!

Thanks! I knew going in this fic that I couldn't just ignore the vocal issues. I wish I knew what really went on behind the scenes since you can tell something happened. It's just shown in how they handle performances. It's good to be back. :)

usako

« Reply #343 on: August 19, 2013, 01:52:16 AM »

First, I love your new avy!

Second, I loved the chapter! I loved the interactions between the guys. Though I'm not a Nick's girl, I love when he shows some signs of maturity. lol So it made sense that he was the one pointing out the big elephant in the room and, at the same time, felt guilty about it. The level of angst in that situation was so good and my heart melt at the end, at that picture of Brian with an arm around Nick's shoulder. *my babies  :'(*

Great chapter!

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #344 on: August 19, 2013, 03:31:35 AM »

Thanks! All these videos are giving me a lot of Frick and Frack joy lol.

I'm glad that since you're not a Nick girl you still enjoyed a Nick chapter. That's an accomplishment! He's grown a lot in recent years I feel so I try to make sure I show it while keeping true to Nick lol. I love me some angst and honestly I couldn't see Nick saying it without some serious guilt following.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27