Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Where to Put Banners Question  (Read 2472 times)

felikia2009

• Innocent Bystander
  • Tell them how I am defying gravity!
Where to Put Banners Question
« on: January 20, 2008, 02:58:18 PM »

The other thread was abotu size so since it also wouldn't let me post in the topic about banner size I figured I would bring up this question/issue in a new thread. I went to put a new award in Stressed 101 and it kept yelling at me saying I needed to have 100 words minimum. Since it was suggested to put awards in their own chapter (and I really like that idea, I already did it for my other fics, which is why I don't know why it was giving me issues this time), is there a way to make a picture only chapter? That way it doesn't give you that message and you wont need to ramble to just put a picture on it (which I was able to do this time, but sometimes you just don't have anything to say haha)

~Blend and Avatar made by someone on DLS for me (it was so long ago and I don't remember who lol)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Where to Put Banners Question
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 04:32:29 PM »

You could make a chapter just for banners and then just keep editing that chapter when you feel the need to add on banners.

Banners in a chapter and not in the summary is such a great thing! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 05:49:48 PM »

I think she's saying she tried to do that and can't because it requires a hundred word limit (and apparantly HTML doesn't count as part of that).  I could be wrong; I've never tried to do that myself, but that's how I took it.

If that's it, Felikia, maybe you could just add a blurb to that page, something like "This is where I'm going to display the awards this story has won.  A huge thanks to everyone who has nominated or voted for me!"  Something like that.  That's 25 words right there, so it wouldn't take much to get 100.  If you added a little caption along with every award, that would help get you there too.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 06:39:14 PM »

ooh yes, do that lol Sorry I misunderstood. You know me, I see the word banners and get all AHHHHH!!!!! lmao ;)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green