Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: What are some good stories to read?  (Read 14750 times)

DaniGiggles

• Captain of Commotion
  • I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine
What are some good stories to read?
« on: February 16, 2008, 11:05:32 PM »

So, as you all know, I'm relatively new to AC, and when I first made an account I just went through and added a bunch of stories to my favorites that seemed interesting, but I haven't really had time to go through them, except for a select few.

So I was just wondering, since most of you are veterans, what are some really good stories that I should read?

You can even recommend your own! I just want to catch up on the favorites out there that everyone loves.

Becca: I *so* flirt with you in math.
Evan: Tell me about it. I - same-sies.
~Superbad

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: What are some good stories to read?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 11:16:38 PM »

lol I know the feeling. I never can catch up with all the stuff I want to read. But a great place to start would be the featured stories of the month thread on this board. There are a dozen or so stories there and most all of them excellent. There is a good mixture of genres there as well. My personal favorites would be

"Children Like Me" by Mersey, that's a great BSB Supernatural crossover.

and then this months feature "Learning To Trust" by sweet18_2003 is a great drama and

just_marina's "Yesterday's Blue Skies" is an awesome si-fi.   

If you're a romance lover go with Rose's "Just Another Day". 

Or anything by Starbeamz2 my personal fave of hers is "Once Upon A Time" and her new one "A Queens Decent" is going to be fabulous! 

Those are just some of my faves. But pretty much anything by Mare or Rokofages will be  more wonderful than words as well! 

hope that's enough to get you started looking.

If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 11:35:55 PM »

lol I guess it depends on what type of genres you like.....
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 12:13:55 AM »

lol I know the feeling. I never can catch up with all the stuff I want to read. But a great place to start would be the featured stories of the month thread on this board. There are a dozen or so stories there and most all of them excellent. There is a good mixture of genres there as well. My personal favorites would be

"Children Like Me" by Mersey, that's a great BSB Supernatural crossover.

and then this months feature "Learning To Trust" by sweet18_2003 is a great drama and

just_marina's "Yesterday's Blue Skies" is an awesome si-fi.   

If you're a romance lover go with Rose's "Just Another Day". 

Or anything by Starbeamz2 my personal fave of hers is "Once Upon A Time" and her new one "A Queens Decent" is going to be fabulous! 

Those are just some of my faves. But pretty much anything by Mare or Rokofages will be  more wonderful than words as well! 

hope that's enough to get you started looking.

I love ya for that, but seeing that still makes me kinda LOL since I'm such a hard core AU/Action/sci-fi person, it's still sometimes odd to see my name associated to romance haha.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 12:48:41 AM »

whatever... you're an action/si-fi/closet romance writer and you know it.  :P
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 12:55:02 AM »

whatever... you're an action/si-fi/closet romance writer and you know it.  :P

:p romance is growing on me, I admit it lol. "Rehab" definitely is proof of that.

Which, if I had to recommend any of my romances, it'd be "Rehab" (since Kelly already said JAD), and if you like Sci-fi, Yesterday's Blue Skies by Marina...or an old story of mine that's still going, Divisions of Reality. If you love and adore fluff, go for "If We Were a Movie" by Kelly. It's adorable.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 01:10:18 AM »

Broken and By My Side by Julie/RokofAges75 are both wonderfully written.  I adore them.  Broken deals with Nick getting cancer and dealing with that.  By My Side is the sequel, which is more on the romance side of things, but is very character driven.  They're incredible.

Under My Skin and A Little Taste of Sin are a couple of other good ones, written by MellzBellz.  Really awesome angsty dramatic romance.  You'll love them.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 01:30:20 AM »

Broken and By My Side by Julie/RokofAges75 are both wonderfully written.  I adore them.  Broken deals with Nick getting cancer and dealing with that.  By My Side is the sequel, which is more on the romance side of things, but is very character driven.  They're incredible.

Under My Skin and A Little Taste of Sin are a couple of other good ones, written by MellzBellz.  Really awesome angsty dramatic romance.  You'll love them.

Oooh yes those awesome choices, I love all 4 of those stories.

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 02:05:01 AM »

Another great one by Sweet18_2003 is "Not So Bad". I definitely recommend you go check that one out.

And of course, a little shameless plugging for my own benefit, you could also check out my Brian drama, "If Tomorrow Never Comes". I'd say it's pretty decent. ;D

Ooh, and yeah, FOR SURE check out Kelly's (Honey) "If We Were A Movie". It's amazing fluff and so darn adorable and entertaining that you will absolutely fall in love with it and I don't think I could ever stop saying good things about it! So check it out!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 02:12:21 AM »

aww. you guys... you almost make me want to update... haha. I need to do that. only 7 chapters left till its done! Yay!  Thanks ladies! Good to know people like that one. it's one of my faves ever! (lol is it not cool for you to be mostly in love with your own stories?)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 02:15:14 AM »

(lol is it not cool for you to be mostly in love with your own stories?)

If it is, then I'm the most uncool person ever. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 02:15:58 AM »

Well I'm in love with "Rehab". Cause to me there's a writing growth from JAD to that... so yeah its cool to be in love with your own story lol. If you hated it, it'd be hard to write it.

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 02:19:59 AM »

I agree with Rose.

It's cool to be uncool for being so in love with your own stories.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 02:22:27 AM »

lol. well at least I'm not the only one then, because I am totally in love with both "If We Were A Movie" and "Not Your Average Cinderella Story."

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 02:28:53 AM »

Dude, Kelly! Cindy FREAKIN' ROCKS!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5