Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: I may be a dork, but I'm kinda excited! (sorry, it's a long post)  (Read 13193 times)

AJsKellyMouse

• Minion of Mayhem
Re: I may be a dork, but I'm kinda excited! (sorry, it's a long post)
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 11:50:18 AM »

I was doing that last night, too!!  It was around midnight, I was completely wired (from lack of sleep, go figure!), and I'm doing the dialogue-in different voices for different charaters of course!  And then I start acting out the kiss.

I haven't had anyone die or fly in my stories yet, but I'm sure I'll be acting that out, too, if/when that happens.  I have a story (my next one I think) where the female lead has a baby, and I'm trying to decide if I know enough (without actually having been through it) to act it out and write it, or if I should skip that whole giving birth part.  I'm not sure yet if it is essential to the story...
~Kelly~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 11:52:53 AM »

^You could ask one of the moms on here. :) There's a few of them.

Well, most stories don't generally have characters who kill each other and fly, so you may be safe. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 11:53:16 AM »

I have a story (my next one I think) where the female lead has a baby, and I'm trying to decide if I know enough (without actually having been through it) to act it out and write it, or if I should skip that whole giving birth part.  I'm not sure yet if it is essential to the story...

I hate writing pregnancy in stories.  I have only done it once, and it was when I was 15.  That story still makes me cringe, the only reason I put it up on AC is because it's the first multi-chapter story I ever finished and I'm proud... of that fact alone.  lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008, 11:55:02 AM »

^My very first story is on AC also for that exact same reason. lol It's also my most viewed/reviewd story besides PBox, go figure. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 11:57:24 AM »

Well it's funny because I had it posted back on FF.net back in the day and it was super popular... and it has a pretty sad ending, and it kind of pissed the Aaron Carter teenys off.. lol

It hasn't been read very much on AC.. I think it's better that way haha
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

AJsKellyMouse

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 11:59:00 AM »

I don't mind the pregnancy part.  Come to think of it, most of the stories I've written have pregnancy and/or kids in it.  I think that comes from my love of children.  All of my ideas seem to include children.  Maybe I'll have a child-less story in the future.

^You could ask one of the moms on here. :) There's a few of them.

I may just do that if I decide I need to.  I could make good use of the research board.

As for the flying and dying...I had an inkling of an idea where someone does some killing, but I'm not sure I could kill a Backstreet Boy (in my story of course).  I have too many things going as it is right now though, so that inkling has been pushed back (far).
~Kelly~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 12:02:43 PM »

Well it's funny because I had it posted back on FF.net back in the day and it was super popular... and it has a pretty sad ending, and it kind of pissed the Aaron Carter teenys off.. lol

It hasn't been read very much on AC.. I think it's better that way haha

Now why would you want to piss off the teenies? They're what makes our fanbase live!! ::) lol

Weird... Don't the boppers usually go for the McDonalds in Heaven-type endings? lol
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 12:03:58 PM »

I may just do that if I decide I need to.  I could make good use of the research board.

As for the flying and dying...I had an inkling of an idea where someone does some killing, but I'm not sure I could kill a Backstreet Boy (in my story of course).  I have too many things going as it is right now though, so that inkling has been pushed back (far).

Yeah research board! lol

Aw, killing a Backstreet Boy isn't so hard as long he'll consent to it... It's when he refuses to die that things get difficult. lol
~*Dee*~

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2008, 12:28:58 PM »

I hate writing pregnancy in stories.  I have only done it once, and it was when I was 15.  That story still makes me cringe, the only reason I put it up on AC is because it's the first multi-chapter story I ever finished and I'm proud... of that fact alone.  lol

I'm going through the pregnancy thing in my story and to make it sound as realistic as possible I've been doing some research. Julie recomended me a great site that has information abot everything from the moment you're even THINKING of trying to have a baby to after the birth. It's helped a lot. Also I try to listen very carefully whenever I hear anyone talking about pregnancy or being pregnant or child birth and stuff and take mental notes.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008, 12:31:32 PM »

haha I just hate pregnancy. 
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 12:35:40 PM »

I'm going through the pregnancy thing in my story and to make it sound as realistic as possible I've been doing some research. Julie recomended me a great site that has information abot everything from the moment you're even THINKING of trying to have a baby to after the birth. It's helped a lot. Also I try to listen very carefully whenever I hear anyone talking about pregnancy or being pregnant or child birth and stuff and take mental notes.

I saw that pregnancy calendar in the research section, it did look really helpful. If I ever get inspiration to have one of my characters get pregnant, I'll take a look at it!
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

AJsKellyMouse

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 01:57:32 PM »

I've actaully used the pregnancy calendar that's linked on the research board.  It is definitely helpful when doing the whole pregnancy thing.

And the Backstreet Boys killing thing...it would traumatize me! lmao  At that point I might have to move into the AU realm so he wasn't really dead...wow that's so not my area.
~Kelly~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2008, 02:36:06 PM »

And the Backstreet Boys killing thing...it would traumatize me! lmao  At that point I might have to move into the AU realm so he wasn't really dead...wow that's so not my area.

You don't like the "Brian is Nick's dead guardian angel" stories? lmao
~*Dee*~

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2008, 03:40:37 PM »

^  ooh, I should write one of those...
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2008, 04:19:09 PM »

You don't like the "Brian is Nick's dead guardian angel" stories? lmao

LMAO sadly, I read quite a few of those back in the day.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4