Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Have you ever...  (Read 21776 times)

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
Have you ever...
« on: January 03, 2007, 08:05:10 PM »

Have you ever wrote a scene that's just so stupid its funny and you're like sitting there cracking up just visualizing it? Ya well that's what I'm in the midst of doing right now. I have an odd sense of humor.

shrinkingviolet

• Captain of Commotion
    • distant . faces
Re: Have you ever...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 08:13:41 PM »

Oh yes, lots of times. I also find myself cracking up and laughing over things that aren't funny... Because I'm weird like that

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 08:17:14 PM »

Oh yes, lots of times. I also find myself cracking up and laughing over things that aren't funny... Because I'm weird like that

Okay it's not just me lol. Right now in my fic i'm writing a scene in which Nick is having Christmas Eve dinner with his ex who he's kinda starting to have feelings for again and her family. Only her family is very proper and like says grace before dinner and they have to have this toast and Nick is just like Okay... Can we just eat already? The scene was supposed to be pretty boring to point out the differences in their upbringing, but I decided to try and have a lil fun with it.

DragonStar

• Major Disruption
  • Jeezy Chreezy™!
    • Write On My Soul - My Fic Site
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 08:19:44 PM »

Okay it's not just me lol. Right now in my fic i'm writing a scene in which Nick is having Christmas Eve dinner with his ex who he's kinda starting to have feelings for again and her family. Only her family is very proper and like says grace before dinner and they have to have this toast and Nick is just like Okay... Can we just eat already? The scene was supposed to be pretty boring to point out the differences in their upbringing, but I decided to try and have a lil fun with it.

lol its definitely not just you. i've written scenes where i tried to be funny and i thought it was hysterical until i realized i'm probably the only one who'd find them funny.
~Dragon*~

Icon by ___iicons on LJ

"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

shrinkingviolet

• Captain of Commotion
    • distant . faces
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 08:21:01 PM »

Nick is just like Okay... Can we just eat already?

LOL! Can't they see that the man is wasting away?!

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 08:29:31 PM »

LOL! Can't they see that the man is wasting away?!

Yea I know right... I dunno I guess you'd have to read it or maybe I'm just punchy. Maybe when I finish it I'll post that excerpt here.

shrinkingviolet

• Captain of Commotion
    • distant . faces
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 08:32:05 PM »

Yea I know right... I dunno I guess you'd have to read it or maybe I'm just punchy. Maybe when I finish it I'll post that excerpt here.

I think that would be such a marvelous idea! ;)

DragonStar

• Major Disruption
  • Jeezy Chreezy™!
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 08:34:44 PM »

I think that would be such a marvelous idea! ;)

yeah! i wanna read it lol...
~Dragon*~

Icon by ___iicons on LJ

"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 08:55:40 PM »

Okay well I've pretty much finished up the funny part because now the scene has to turn a little more serious for a while, but here is the beginning part. Like I said maybe I'm just punchy, but I can so picture this happening perfectly.

Oh yea. It's not spell checked or anything yet, so ignore spelling errors.

<i>How was I supposed to know that Christmas Eve dinner at Alyssa's house required a jacket and tie? </i> Nick asked himself, as he uncomfortably took his seat at the table, a few hours later. As soon as he had walked into the dining room, he knew that his faded jeans and button down shirt had been a mistake. Compared with the rest of the Martinelli family he seemed grossly underdressed. Glancing around the room, he noticed that both Scott and Alyssa's father wore crisp looking dress shirts tucked into their pants and ties, while Alyssa, her sisters, and her mother all wore skirts.

"How come you didn't tell me I was supposed to dress up?" he hissed to Alyssa beside him.

Alyssa shrugged. "It's Christmas Eve Nick. I thought that you'd have known."

Nick sat sulking for a moment. Thankfully enough he had the common sense to have packed at least one pair of khakis and a nice sweater for tomorrow, so he wouldn't have to make the same mistake twice. <i> Yea, and with your luck Carter they'll probably come out wearing tuxedos and evening gowns and you'll wind up looking even more like an ass. </i>

His pouting didn't last long though once he caught sight of the feast that lay in front of him. Alyssa had often joked that her mother could cook enough food to serve a small army, and finally Nick found himself believing it. The dinner consisted of tossed salad, shrimp scampi, flounder,a pan of lasagna, and fresh Italian bread. Already he could feel his taste buds watering from the fresh aroma of the food. He was just about to dig in when he was interrupted by Mr. Martinelli's booming voice.

"In the name of the father..."

<i>Oh, hell no.</i> Were they actually saying grace? <i> I guess it's a good thing I didn't just start grabbing, </i> he realized. Somehow he got a feeling that wouldn't have gone over very well within his company. Glancing over at Alyssa, he saw that her head was slightly bowed and she was mouthing the words along with her father. The scene made Nick uncomfortable as he shifted in his seat unsure of what to do. He was not all a very religious person and he doubted if his family had ever actually prayed before a meal, even on Thanksgiving. Luckily, everyone else was too busy looking somber to notice him.

Finally the prayer ended and again Nick went to grab his fork only this time he felt a sharp pain go through his leg. Trying not to cry out, he bit his lip and was met with a disapproving look from Alyssa. That's when it hit him. It had been her that had kicked him! And those pumps that she had been wearing hadn't exactly helped matters either. "What was that for?" he whispered between clenched teeth.

Alyssa's hand pushed the fork away from his. "We have to have a toast."

<i>A toast? For God's sake!</i> At this rate by the time they got around to actually eating the food, it would be ice cold.

Unfortunately, Mr. Martinelli was one of those long winded speakers and Nick wanted to bang his head against the table listening to him drone on about the importance of family and how glad he was that his three daughters were able to join him on this 'joyous holiday.' <i> Man... This guy could even give Kev a run for his money,</i> he thought as he played with the stem of his wine glass.

Finally he snapped out of his daydream just as everybody else was raising their glasses. He quicky picked up his, hoping that no one had noticed the few drops of wine that had splattered out of his glass and onto the tablecloth.

"To family," Mr. Martinelli announced.

"To family," everyone else echoed before taking a sip (or in Nick's case a gulp) of their wine.

DragonStar

• Major Disruption
  • Jeezy Chreezy™!
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 09:00:08 PM »

LMFAO!

what story is that? now i have to read it!
~Dragon*~

Icon by ___iicons on LJ

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 09:16:22 PM »

LMFAO!

what story is that? now i have to read it!

It's from the next chapter of my story Under my Skin, which in all honesty is NOT exactly a funny story. I mean I guess there are moments in it, but its more of an angsty drama kind of story.

I'd still love it if you read it though lol

DragonStar

• Major Disruption
  • Jeezy Chreezy™!
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 09:17:25 PM »

It's from the next chapter of my story Under my Skin, which in all honesty is NOT exactly a funny story. I mean I guess there are moments in it, but its more of an angsty drama kind of story.

I'd still love it if you read it though lol

Yeah, I read that stuff too lol.
~Dragon*~

Icon by ___iicons on LJ

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 09:19:42 PM »

Yeah, I read that stuff too lol.

Well, its on AC and my author name there is also Mellz Bellz. Just ignore the first few chapters. If I was going to rewrite they'd prolly be reworked because Chapter one is pointless.

DragonStar

• Major Disruption
  • Jeezy Chreezy™!
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 09:28:58 PM »

Well, its on AC and my author name there is also Mellz Bellz. Just ignore the first few chapters. If I was going to rewrite they'd prolly be reworked because Chapter one is pointless.

lol okay.
~Dragon*~

Icon by ___iicons on LJ

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 10:01:01 PM »

In my CYOA stuff ... You Be the Judge and You Be the Detective I laugh all the time, no one else probably does, but I do!
- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: [1] 2 3 4