Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: bouncing e-mails  (Read 6710 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
bouncing e-mails
« on: February 24, 2008, 10:10:00 PM »

hey Mare! we can't reply in the rules threads, so I'm answering you here.  I have a yahoo e-mail and I get probably 2/3 of my update alerts and such... It drives me nuts and I have no idea why I get some and not others because it never goes to my junk box and my inbox is never too full. don't know what to say except that it must be a yahoo thing.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: bouncing e-mails
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 10:11:46 PM »

I have Yahoo and never get update alerts... I didn't realize I was supposed to get any LOL.  I do get notified when I get reviews though, so some emails are coming through.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 10:31:07 PM »

I get notified sometimes when I get a review and then sometimes I don't. It's a crap shoot.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 11:12:13 PM »

I don't think I have AC notify me of anything except reviews, and I haven't had new reviews in a while... So I don't think I'm missing anything. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

AJsKellyMouse

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 11:41:51 PM »

I'm not sure I get all of my review emails.  That's all I do get though, if I get anything.  I didn't know we were supposed to get anything else?  And even when I do get emails about reviews, I've already seen them half the time cause it takes so long to get them.  Like honey said...maybe it's a yahoo thing?
~Kelly~

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 11:48:59 PM »

I think Hotmail has the same problem. I always get review emails, but I don't always get notifications of replys to posts on the forum.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 05:16:04 AM »

some of you in here are bouncin. I know both Kelly's are. Weird. Maybe it'll just fix itself, sometimes Yahoo is odd like that. We have been getting so many bounced mails and I noticed they are all yahoo. *kicks Yahoo*
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 10:28:41 AM »

*joins in the yahoo kicking*

I have a gmail account too, I just never got used to it, so I never switched over, but my hubby swears it's like a million times better... maybe I should switch over to that one.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 12:05:52 PM »

Mare, am I bouncing?
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 02:56:59 PM »

*joins in the yahoo kicking*

I have a gmail account too, I just never got used to it, so I never switched over, but my hubby swears it's like a million times better... maybe I should switch over to that one.

I love my gmail account, it took some getting used to at first but now I would never go back
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 03:47:56 PM »

you might be Dee. To be honest I don't open all of them because it would take me forever but the ones I went through the other day, I recognized Kelly's email address because I knew it already and Aj kelly's mouse because it was basically the same as her SN.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 04:07:29 PM »

you might be Dee. To be honest I don't open all of them because it would take me forever but the ones I went through the other day, I recognized Kelly's email address because I knew it already and Aj kelly's mouse because it was basically the same as her SN.

Well, if you see this email "yugiohkingofga mes4eva@yahoo.com" please let me know, because that would be a surprise! lol
~*Dee*~

AJsKellyMouse

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 05:16:27 PM »

I'm all with the kicking yahoo!  I don't know why it would be bouncing other than the fact that yahoo is evil.  I should go somewhere else for email-I'ce had issues with some other stuff too (like never getting emails pertaining to jobs, and I had previously recieved emails from those people).  Grrr...
~Kelly~

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 05:24:40 PM »

Well to make you Yahoo people feel better I use AOL and I get all my review e-mails (sometimes I get two e-mails for one review which sucks cuz I'll go and check thinking I have all these reviews when I don't) Yet, I don't get update reviews for any of my favorites, so go figure?

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2008, 09:04:22 AM »

I had a few failure messages for delivery's to Lenni's email address this morning
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.
Pages: [1] 2