Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Personal experience nonfiction anyone? lol.  (Read 11227 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Personal experience nonfiction anyone? lol.
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2008, 08:54:59 PM »

LOL See, like I said, Julie's forum IS my journal. Most people over there don't even reply to my posts in my thread anymore. Probably because they've gotten tired of me posting EVERY LITTLE DETAIL, lol. But I post every detail because it's my journal. Doesn't really matter if people post there or not to me, lol.

I wouldn't use a forum as a journal, because it seems weird to me. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2008, 09:06:51 PM »

Well yeah, but to me, that's not even interesting enough for a whole story.  Maybe something to include in a story with a bigger plot, sure, but I wouldn't be interested in writing a whole story about it.

Well yeah, okay, I guess, lol.

You could still write a "A day in the life of Ms. Lewis" though! :D
~ Amy.

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2008, 09:09:59 PM »

I wouldn't use a forum as a journal, because it seems weird to me. lol

Well, it started off with me coming back from this trip and telling everyone what happened. And I completely gushed over this other guitarist that just freaking rocked, and I was totally head over heels for him, and then I just kept posting every time I'd see him, and all sorts of things have happened since I met him, and my friends over on that forum were all like, "OMG Amy likes someone!!" so they'd reply to my posts, and yeah... lol. Get my drift?
~ Amy.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2008, 09:10:38 PM »

Huhh..... Guess so..... *shrug*
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2008, 09:11:44 PM »

:D Sorry, maybe I'm confusing... or weird... or both, lol.
~ Amy.

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2008, 09:23:17 PM »

Yea like Julie I teach too and I admit I probably do have some interesting stories, but they are all isolated events. They might be good for one shot stories, but I'm much more into longer form stories and I like to write about more than just my life I guess. Otherwise I'd just have kept a journal. I like using my imagination.

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2008, 09:26:14 PM »

Ah, I see. Completely understandable . :)

I think I may just be going through a phase here... because lately, I've really enjoyed journal type stories, lol. But again, I believe it's just a phase. :D
~ Amy.

AJsKellyMouse

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2008, 10:55:27 PM »

I'm like a lot of you, I put personal experiences into my stories, but none of them are fully true.  The story I am working on right now has some domestic violence and I've dealt with that before.  Writing about it has helped me to deal with it and just generally vent about it.  And parts of another story I've been working on (it's not been posted yet) come from personal experience as well.  I don't do journals or diaries-I don't want friends or family finding them and reading them.  I guess I feel that writing it into a story is my form of a journal/diary.  I can get it all out, and if someone I personally know where to read the stories, they wouldn't know that it was personal experience, unless they read this or I tell them lol
~Kelly~

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2008, 11:28:13 PM »

That's a good point. I'm always afraid of my family finding my journals or whatever (yet I still leave them lying around... shows how much I care apparently, lol).

Personally, I think that if I were to write about a bad experience of mine, it would just make me mad and resurface old hatred, but that's just me, lol.
~ Amy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]