Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Alter Egos.  (Read 32563 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Alter Egos.
« on: February 27, 2008, 02:42:17 PM »

I just recently bought a book and on the back it explained that the writer of the book was actually a former pseudonym for a more famous author.

Does anyone here write under two different pen names or maybe write purposefully under a pseudonym? (which obviously you may not want to reveal, but ya lol)

Our nicknames obviously are our alter egos from us in real life, but I still consider Julilly to be *me* so if I wrote as someone else, they would be different from my true identity.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Alter Egos.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 02:53:24 PM »

What do you mean by "the writer of the book was actually a former pseudonym for a more famous author"? It confusing. lol

Well, I use "nicksgal" online, but that is me. I've never felt like any part of "nicksgal" is different from me other than the fact that being "nicksgal" doesn't carry the weight of any background information of my life before I was a BSB fan, unless I want people to know that. lol

I guess the only difference between me and "nicksgal" is that people who know me mainly through being "nicksgal" see me as more talkative and open. And people who know me only as Deanna don't really give me a chance to be that person, because they'd rather be dominant themselves. I guess that's it though...

But I'm one of those "what you see is what you get" type people. So it would just be awkward to me if "nicksgal" was this entirely different personna. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 02:55:12 PM »

I never knew that Carolyn Keene (ther writer of all the Nancy Drew books)never really existed. :( when I found that out I almost cried. lol

the only people who know me as mare are the people who are in my fanfic world. Outside of that i'm Marianne. lol Even my best friends call me Marianne, so...maybe I do. Although for my book I went by Marianne. Maybe the next one i'll call myself Chachi.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 02:56:40 PM »

^ Like Stephen King for example Dee when he first started he called himself Richard something or other richard Bachman I think? I think that's what Julilly means, but now i'm going to call her Maple jellybean.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 03:00:58 PM »

^ Like Stephen King for example Dee when he first started he called himself Richard something or other richard Bachman I think? I think that's what Julilly means, but now i'm going to call her Maple jellybean.

I understand what a pseudonym is. I just meant what does "the writer of the book was actually a former pseudonym for a more famous author" mean? Does that mean someone else used this person's name? Or this person is going by a different name and is known as someone else? That's what I wanted to know. lol

And ditto to the Nancy Drew author not actually existing. I was absolutely confused by that one. lol And by the fact that like twenty different people actually wrote those books. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 03:03:22 PM »

And ditto to the Nancy Drew author not actually existing. I was absolutely confused by that one. lol And by the fact that like twenty different people actually wrote those books. lol

I think she meant someone like Stephen king using a less famous name to mask who he was. I think, you know we do share a brain but I could be wrong  and lmao I know! Same with the Hardy Boys books. It kind of killed it for me. I am reading this book now about all the women who wrote Nancy and it's just so depressing to me lol

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 03:10:31 PM »

Ah... I think that makes sense. lol

Aw. :( Then don't read it. Maybe you should write Nancy Drew, Mare? She could be a pop music toting crime fighter. lol
~*Dee*~

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 03:26:23 PM »

This topic makes my head hurt lol. I just know that VC Andrews only wrote like two series of her books and then a ghostwriter continued writing them under her name. But that got ridiculous because the ghostwriter actually wrote more books than she did and then after a while they started sounding all the same.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 03:27:40 PM »

Well, VC Andrews is labled as the originator of the Mary Sue lifestyle, so there you go. lmao
~*Dee*~

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 03:29:01 PM »

Well, VC Andrews is labled as the originator of the Mary Sue lifestyle, so there you go. lmao
\

Haha... But I do like her books

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 03:41:39 PM »

\

Haha... But I do like her books

Poser. :P lmao
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 05:31:34 PM »

I had no idea that happened with VC Andrews as well... interesting lol

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 05:48:51 PM »

Can no one finish a series by themselves anymore? lmao
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 05:51:14 PM »

Apparently not lol although I guess JK Rowlings did unless we will find out years from now it was really a monkey named Philip.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 06:07:56 PM »

lmao a monkey named phillip? i thought it would be a groundhog named charles elliot IV lol
Sarah
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11