Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Alter Egos.  (Read 32567 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Alter Egos.
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 06:11:17 PM »

I'm trying to get away from the groundhog thing lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 06:14:18 PM »

I'm trying to get away from the groundhog thing lol

tell that to your guitar-toting groundhog avy. i betcha he'll cry.
Sarah

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 06:22:22 PM »

ROFL!!!!!

I bet you the last book was ended by a monkey, and that's why everyone has mixed opinion on it. ;) There's a slice of controvery for you to chew on. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 08:12:38 PM »

I think she meant someone like Stephen king using a less famous name to mask who he was. I think, you know we do share a brain but I could be wrong  and lmao I know! Same with the Hardy Boys books. It kind of killed it for me. I am reading this book now about all the women who wrote Nancy and it's just so depressing to me lol

You're right, and it was Stephen King lol I bought the book he wrote just before Carrie under his pseudonym.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 08:15:34 PM »

LOL Was I right about the name?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2008, 08:18:38 PM »

Yup! Richard Bachman! He had another pseudonym before that too.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2008, 08:23:47 PM »

yay! I think I read the Longest Mile by him under the name Richard Bachman but it's been awhile. If that was what it's name was. Now I can't remember. It was about the race where if you stopped walking they'd shoot you lol

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2008, 08:25:27 PM »

There's another one out now too! It makes me happy because King has just not been the same since he stopped drinking and doing hard drugs lol
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2008, 08:27:15 PM »

I know! lol you almost get run over and killed and suddenly you get all boring! Although I LOVED the Girl who Loved Tom Gordon.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2008, 08:45:00 PM »

Oh man that is definitely one of my favourites!! ilu.
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2008, 08:47:15 PM »

Woot!

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2008, 09:46:13 PM »

Dean Koontz does that too but it's been years since I worked at a bookstore when I used to know a lot more of these authors. I'm determined that there are really only seven authors in the world and they just keep writing under different pen names.

My other pen name is Guitargirl! :P J/K!!!!!

- Purpura -
   -Lore-

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2008, 09:48:57 PM »

My other pen name is Guitargirl! :P J/K!!!!!

You WISH!... yeah, I got nothing lol
~Maple Jellybean~

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2008, 09:49:40 PM »

Yeah, Nora Roberts (i know i'm predictable in my fave author, oh well) has an alter ego who writes the creepiest, goriest futuristic suspense. it's awesome!! JD Robb and the In Death series is intense, but it's amazing how intricately she's created the future world and I devour those books, too.

I bet she just got tired of writing the same old romances lol Her JD Robb books sometimes gave me nightmares in high school
Sarah

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2008, 09:50:49 PM »

I think I gotta get me a pseudonym, and I'll have her come on and fight with me on the debate boards lol maybe I'll name her Tonja, or maybe Mariah... what a lovely name that would be, dontcha think? :)
~Maple Jellybean~

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11