Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Alter Egos.  (Read 32566 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Alter Egos.
« Reply #135 on: February 29, 2008, 05:22:59 PM »

See? Same-ish name. Same brain.

Uh-oh, does that mean we have to share the brain three ways now?
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #136 on: February 29, 2008, 06:59:17 PM »

^ well do something about that! lol

My teachers would appreciate that. "Sorry Professor, I have to go home because Mare is awake." lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #137 on: February 29, 2008, 07:42:09 PM »

I don't see why they would have a problem with that.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #138 on: February 29, 2008, 08:57:41 PM »

I think they'd rather I was in their class. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #139 on: March 01, 2008, 01:09:08 AM »

:D

That is all I have to put for most of this thread.

As for the original purpose of the thread: I have an alter ego for every part of my life.

Amy Robinson was originally my online alter ego/pen name, but more people call me Amy than they do my real name, so... *shrugs* It's more like a nick name now since people in real life call me Amy as well...

Other than that, the only other major alter ego I can think of that I've had is my stage name (for my music), which no one on the internet knows, and I plan to keep it that way, lol.

I like to think of my universe as three different worlds; internet, real life, and entertainment. ;D
~ Amy.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #140 on: March 01, 2008, 12:10:37 PM »

I like to think of my universe as three different worlds; internet, real life, and entertainment. ;D

I think of my life a lot the same way. (and yay for someone else being a music person!)

and, another question for everyone, if you were to ever write in real life, would you use a pen name, or would you just use your real name?  I don't know what I would do.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #141 on: March 01, 2008, 12:57:04 PM »

I'm a music person too! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #142 on: March 01, 2008, 01:02:29 PM »

:D I'd kind of HAVE to use a pen name if I were to write a story to be published or whatever. Unless a certain someone were to ask me out... *blushes* I'm writing about the guy I like right now. A whole story that actually happened, lol.

;D Yep, I love music! I play guitar and sing. I'm trying out various other instruments, however. :)
~ Amy.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #143 on: March 01, 2008, 01:09:04 PM »

There are a few music people on here. I sing. (big choir nerd) but I don't do it competitively or seriously any more. long long time ago...

I finally learned how to play the guitar this year though. I always wanted to learn and finally bought a guitar and took a class at the local community college. I totally suck at it, but I'm soooo addicted to it. I'm getting a little better finally though and can even play a couple of BSB songs. (very badly)

It makes me wish I hadn't dropped out of college. I was a music major with stars in my eyes. lol I wanted to go to hollywood and be a famous singer once upon a time. So funny, that back then I would have killed for the opportunities I have now and now I'm just content being a stay home mom who might write a book one day... Its funny how life turns out nothing like you expect it sometimes.

I also want to learn electric guitar, bass and piano...  one at a time though. Maybe even drums one day...
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #144 on: March 01, 2008, 01:17:56 PM »

I'm in choir at my high schoo! ;D And I'm considering joining my church choir. But I'm already busier than a bee, so I dunno if I'm going to, lol. Maybe after driver's ed...

Oh cool! I absolutely love guitar! (if you don't already know how, you should totally leanr "Climbing the walls." It rocks. ;))

Wow. You and I want to learn the exact same instruments! lol.
~ Amy.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2008, 01:19:32 PM »

If I was there i'd teach you guys the drums and the piano. I'd be no help with the bass or guitar. I want to really learn how to play the guitar. I took one class in college and I really stunk at it lol

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #146 on: March 01, 2008, 01:25:41 PM »

yeah, basically I want to be in a band, don't care which instrument I play. but alas... no band... pretty much the only thing I'm active in musically anymore is church stuff. I do occasionally still write songs. And now I can almost figure out how to play along with what I write on the guitar. It's great fun.  

Climbing The Walls is actually one of my favorite BSB songs ever and I have the sheet music for the Never Gone album. I've tried to learn it, but the NG chords are all super hard and I'm not very good with complicated bar chords yet. But also I can't figure out the strumming pattern for that song. One day though, I'll get it one day.

I'm trying to learn Unsuspecting Sunday Afternoon right now. But I think the chords that I found posted on line are wrong because it totally doesn't sound right. That one is really pretty though, and fairly easy to play, so if I can figure out the right chords I'll be able to add that one to my very short list of songs I know how to play on the guitar.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 01:43:19 PM by honey »

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #147 on: March 01, 2008, 01:26:57 PM »

If I was there i'd teach you guys the drums and the piano. I'd be no help with the bass or guitar. I want to really learn how to play the guitar. I took one class in college and I really stunk at it lol

:D If I were there, I'd teach you to play guitar, Mare.

Bass is easy. You can totally bull your way through it, if you don't actually know how to play. As long as all the notes you play are in the key of the song, it wouldn't sound bad, lol.

I'm definitely learning drums when I move out of my parents' house. :D
~ Amy.

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #148 on: March 01, 2008, 01:31:58 PM »

yeah, basically I want to be in a band, don't care which instrument I play. but alas... no band... pretty much the only thing I'm active in musically anymore is church stuff. I do occasionally still write songs. And now I can almost figure out how to play along with what I write on the guitar. It's great fun.  

Climbing The Walls is actually I have the sheet music for the Never Gone album. I've tried to learn it, but the NG chords are all super hard and I'm not very good with complicated bar chords yet. But also I can't figure out the strumming pattern for that song. One day though, I'll get it one day.

I'm trying to learn Unsuspecting Sunday Afternoon right now. But I think the chords that I found posted on line are wrong because it totally doesn't sound right. That one is really pretty though, and fairly easy to play, so if I can figure out the right chords I'll be able to add that one to my very short list of songs I know how to play on the guitar.

You and I have a lot in common, Kelly! I'm in my church youth group band, lol.

The main strum I use for "CTW" is: down down up down up down down.

Can you play power chords, Kelly? If so, it's really easy to play that song.

*shrugs* Sorry, can't help you with most of the songs on Unbreakable. I only play "Trouble is" on that album as of yet.
~ Amy.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #149 on: March 01, 2008, 01:38:52 PM »

I haven't learned anything about power chords yet. That's why its frustrating. But I'll have to try that strumming pattern and see what I can come up with.

I want to learn Trouble Is!!! That was going to be my next choice after USA. Is it hard? It sounds harder than USA and I'm still such a beginner when it comes to guitar.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11