Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Alter Egos.  (Read 32578 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: Alter Egos.
« Reply #150 on: March 01, 2008, 01:40:02 PM »

If I was there i'd teach you guys the drums and the piano. I'd be no help with the bass or guitar. I want to really learn how to play the guitar. I took one class in college and I really stunk at it lol

I'd happily take lessons!!! And I would teach you what I know of guitar, which would take all of ten minutes haha. But then we could jam!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #151 on: March 01, 2008, 01:41:54 PM »

and, another question for everyone, if you were to ever write in real life, would you use a pen name, or would you just use your real name?  I don't know what I would do.

Good question! I think I'd actually almost have to use a pen name being a teacher and all, depending on what I choose to write. I actually don't have much interest writing children's books, so if I were to write a novel I think I'd rather have a pen name. Just because as far as content goes I wouldn't have to worry about anything I write coming back to haunt my teaching career. No clue what I'd use though lol Any suggestions?

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #152 on: March 01, 2008, 01:44:37 PM »

Well... I'm writing a story now that sort of deals with things that have happened in my real life.  I've just basically changed all the names of the characters.. I wasn't too concerned about using a pen name, since I don't really care if people find the story :P
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #153 on: March 01, 2008, 01:52:03 PM »

I haven't learned anything about power chords yet. That's why its frustrating. But I'll have to try that strumming pattern and see what I can come up with.

I want to learn Trouble Is!!! That was going to be my next choice after USA. Is it hard? It sounds harder than USA and I'm still such a beginner when it comes to guitar.

Okay, well, once you get the bar chords, it shouldn't be too difficult. :)

*runs to grab sheet music, scans on computer, uploads to internet* Here's Trouble Is:

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x313/dabonezstalker/Random/TroubleIs.jpg

Let me know if you need help with chords or strums or whatever. :)

And btw, I didn't write out any measures, but I think you can figure it out. Maybe... lol. (and sorry for the horrible hand-writing!)
~ Amy.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #154 on: March 01, 2008, 01:55:12 PM »

dude! you just made my day! looks like a long day of playing guitar when I should be packing!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #155 on: March 01, 2008, 01:57:23 PM »

yeah, I think I can figure it out... mostly. Its a starting place anyway. I'll play around and if I have any question, I'll ask ya! Yay! I'm super excited right now. haha I'm such a geek.

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #156 on: March 01, 2008, 01:58:23 PM »

:D Glad I could help!

PM me if you have any questions, cause I'm gonna jump in the shower real quick here, lol.

:) I'm a geek too, lol. I love playing this song.
~ Amy.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #157 on: March 01, 2008, 02:00:33 PM »

I love singing it. Its a super fun song to sing. If I could play the guitar and sing it together then I would be pretty freaking awesome.  (ok, not really,I'd still be a big dork, but that will be fun.) 

*ditches everyone to go try to learn Trouble Is on the guitar*

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #158 on: March 01, 2008, 02:13:43 PM »

I don't know if I'd use a pen name... Hmmmmmmm.... Perhaps.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #159 on: March 01, 2008, 06:04:52 PM »

I love singing it. Its a super fun song to sing. If I could play the guitar and sing it together then I would be pretty freaking awesome.  (ok, not really,I'd still be a big dork, but that will be fun.) 

*ditches everyone to go try to learn Trouble Is on the guitar*

:D I love singing that one, too! It's easy to sing along on the chorus while playing on guitar, not so much the verses though, in my opinion. Especially when I have to concentrate hard to hit the lower notes (I sing tenor).
~ Amy.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]