Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: What are you reading?  (Read 8942 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
What are you reading?
« on: February 27, 2008, 08:40:03 PM »

All this Stephen King talk made me curious as to what you guys have been reading.

At the moment i'm reading Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Piquolt (spelling?) I hope tat's hjer name. The book is in the car but i'm pretty sure that's it. It's an awesome book about a horrible school shooting told from the view point of everyone from the vitims and their families to the shooter and his. I highly recommend it!'

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

DaniGiggles

• Captain of Commotion
  • I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine
Re: What are you reading?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 08:43:39 PM »

Actually, funny that you mention Stephen King (He's my favorite author. I've read nearly everything he's ever written), cause I'm reading his new book Duma Key and also his other new-ish book Lisey's Story. I'm also reading Atonement and The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien. I'm a reading fiend! lol

Nineteen Minutes sounds really interesting! I might have to check into that.
Becca: I *so* flirt with you in math.
Evan: Tell me about it. I - same-sies.
~Superbad

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 08:44:31 PM »

Well obviously you know I picked up some Richard Bachman but other than that I'm reading The Dwelling by Susi Moloney which is about a house that is haunted and kills the owners. So it goes through all these different owners of the house and how the house gets rid of them, and ultimately the spirits are searching for the "right" owner of the house.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 08:46:49 PM »

ooh that sounds good.

I think I might buy Stephen King's new book when i'm done with this one, although I still have a book waiting in the wings. Deception Point by Dan Brown was really great too. It was one of those 'you can't put it down' type books.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 08:48:27 PM »

I like Stephen King too, but I haven't read an adult book in awhile LOL.  I think the last one was Nicholas Sparks "A Bend in the Road" over Christmas break.  Now I'm reading "Otis Spoffard" by Beverly Cleary. :D
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 08:49:39 PM »

LOL I just read The Remarkable Farkle McBride.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 08:51:48 PM »

Over Christmas I spent most of my time reading I Am America (And So Can You) by Stephen Colbert... I think I truely busted a gut a couple times. And there's this Canadian humour writer named Will Ferguson who has written many books but I read his latest called Bastards & Boneheads: Canada's Glorious Leaders Past and Present... it's very entertaining.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 08:52:56 PM »

LMAO I really want to read Stephen Colbert's book and Jon Stewarts. Those guys crack me up!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 08:54:32 PM »

I love those two too!  Haven't read their books either though.  Although I did look at Jon Stewart's "America" book (the one that is like a mock textbook) in a bookstore, and it was pretty funny looking.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 09:00:37 PM »

LMAO I really want to read Stephen Colbert's book and Jon Stewarts. Those guys crack me up!

The footnotes in Colbert's book absolutely killed me.
~Maple Jellybean~

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 09:09:09 PM »

I haven't read a book for pleasure in like forever. I'm with Julie in the only books I feel like I read anymore or geared towards an elementary schooler.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 09:10:36 PM »

For a lot of you that makes sense but if I were reading the Hardy Boys or something you'd all think I was a freak cuz I'm not a teacher lol
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 09:13:49 PM »

not true lol I just read a Hardy Boys book just for fun because I had to teach in the school's library.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 09:16:53 PM »

I just got "A Tree Grows In Brooklyn" for my birthday, so I'll probably start reading that soon.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 09:27:57 PM »

Well, for class I'm reading "Native Speaker" which is actually pretty good. Outside of class, I'm reading "Girl in the Tangerine Scarf".

Mare, I loved Deception Point, too! It was so interesting even though I'm not a super science-y person. His books are always so well-written and make me think they're really happening somewhere in the world lol
Sarah
Pages: [1] 2 3 4