Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: What are you reading?  (Read 8946 times)

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
Re: What are you reading?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2008, 09:52:38 PM »

teens come in "mean" and "uber-mean" models. take your pick lol

my AP English teacher was this femi-Nazi woman who was obsessed with drama to the point where her life was drama, and it eked into her class, too. any paper that included something about women suffering would get an A. don't get me wrong, i'm a feminist too, but she was like those stereotypical ones and everyone knew it. She also had that creepily high-pitched voice and I cringed whenever I heard it lol
Sarah

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2008, 09:53:05 PM »

I didn't mind my AP English class except for being forced to dissect books. I am of the belief that some books were written for enjoyment and not with all the hidden meanings we place in them. *shrugs*
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2008, 09:54:31 PM »

We didn't really do as many books in my class as we did Shakespeare but goddamn we read this book... The Stone Angel I think it was called, I didn't even make it through the first chapter and I ended up skimming and pretending I had read it. Luckily I'm an excellent bullshitter.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2008, 09:56:07 PM »

I did that with Tale of Two Cities in 8th Grade lol it was the worst of times! hehe
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2008, 09:56:22 PM »

We didn't really do as many books in my class as we did Shakespeare but goddamn we read this book... The Stone Angel I think it was called, I didn't even make it through the first chapter and I ended up skimming and pretending I had read it. Luckily I'm an excellent bullshitter.

YOU bullshit *gasps* I never would have thought ;)
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2008, 09:56:57 PM »

I think the best play I ever read in high school was called "School for Scandal". It was all about passive aggression among the high Society in London in the 1800s. Awesome. The behavior of the women in that play is still so relevant today...sadly. And I can totally say that because I go to an all-women's school and, lately, the stupid passive aggressiveness is driving me up the walls!!!
Sarah

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2008, 09:57:35 PM »

YOU bullshit *gasps* I never would have thought ;)

I'm as surprised as you are!!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2008, 09:58:50 PM »

My favorite play in High school was The Glass Menagerie... I loved it so much I have a blue rose as part of my tattoo...

the "romantic interest" called the girl blue roses ... she had plerosis but he miss heard and called her blue roses.. I loved it.

- Purpura -
   -Lore-

AJsKellyMouse

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2008, 10:20:09 PM »

The teacher I got stuck with after I ditched my AP english class (with the evil teacher, who was by the way like 3 feet tall!) was this really old guy obsessed with westerns.  So we got to read all these western-y books-of course I don't remember any titles or authors, I've almost blocked that entire experience from my brain.  I wanted to poke my eyes out with a spork the entire year.  It was a lose-lose situtaion in my opnion.
~Kelly~

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2008, 10:21:15 PM »

i LOVE reading, but when I have to dissect books to itsy bitsy pieces...i get so mad at books...and that's like blasphemy for me lol
Sarah

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2008, 11:40:11 PM »

sheesh, y'all were freaking talkative today. I'm not even going to read this thread right now. I'll have to catch up later. But I'm reading the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer. I'm on the third book noe "Eclipse" (yup that vampire romance series) and it still rocks my freaking world!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2008, 11:41:06 PM »

sheesh, y'all were freaking talkative today. I'm not even going to read this thread right now. I'll have to catch up later. But I'm reading the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer. I'm on the third book noe "Eclipse" (yup that vampire romance series) and it still rocks my freaking world!

Seems a few people are reading that.
~Maple Jellybean~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2008, 12:27:12 AM »

I'm readin "Endurence" for class... The last book I read for fun was "Pledged: The Secret Life of Sororities" and that was over break. lol I recently finished "Nickle and Dimed" a few weeks ago... Worst. book. ever.

My favorite book of all time, though, is Pride and Prejudice. ;D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2008, 12:46:34 AM »

I'm readin "Endurence" for class... The last book I read for fun was "Pledged: The Secret Life of Sororities" and that was over break. lol I recently finished "Nickle and Dimed" a few weeks ago... Worst. book. ever.

My favorite book of all time, though, is Pride and Prejudice. ;D

Endurance as in Shackelton?  (sp?) I read that for a class once. Crazy story.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2008, 12:49:03 AM »

Well, it's not written by him, but it's about him, yes. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4