Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I have been watching alot of things....  (Read 3593 times)

Hanan

• Fledgling
I have been watching alot of things....
« on: March 01, 2008, 01:17:29 PM »

I have been watching alot of anime, movies, Series lately which made me want to write something like a fanfiction, but since I am not good at it I am wondering if I can share the notes and ideas I have about it here.

My idea is about a girl who is forced to go to all boys school, her mom leaves her to her dad to raise her, and he works on this all boys boarding school, so he insists to have her with him, and I was thinking about her fighting the need to break the rules and the need to become a girl.

would it be a good Idea?
just wondering

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: I have been watching alot of things....
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 01:27:01 PM »

ooh, a girl in an all boys school? I see lots of possibilities with that. You could have some fun. I say go for it!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Hanan

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 01:32:25 PM »

I know it would be great, but I have one problem, when i write it makes no sense of direction, I mean like now I know i am about to miss stuff and I wonder about the sort of problem she would make herself fall into

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 01:34:34 PM »

one word...  outline.  :D I heart outlines.   You have to figure out an actual story before you write if you don't want to lose direction. What you have is a situation. Now you just have to figure out what the actual story is about, and then put your character in that situation and it could be great.

If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 01:36:46 PM »

That sounds interesting!
I'd agree with honey -- outline!  I never realized how awesome they are until I started making them.  It's best to have a clear idea of your key plot points before you start writing.  This way you kind of know where you're going and how to plan.  Playing around with the outline is much easier than moving things around once you've started writing the actual story.  It makes the entire process so much easier.

Unless something happens that forces you to change your outline... then not so much LOL
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Hanan

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 01:44:00 PM »

I should start doing so, but you know as a first time for me it is little bet worrying
it is like i know how i want it to flow
but I think i can make it through

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 01:49:46 PM »

I think that just comes with actually writing. The more you write, the more you discover what your flow is. If that makes sense. You'll develop your own style and things will start to flow naturally. Practice makes perfect. Sometimes, if you know what you want to happen, you just have to dive in and do it. You might be surprised how easily it comes when you get into it.  Try maybe starting with one of the challenges or something, just to get a feel for writing. That might be easier since most of those you're only dealing with a scene instead of an entire plot. Then that could get you're creativity flowing, and then just picture that first scene in your head and start writing. Just see what comes out and then go from there.

Hanan

• Fledgling
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 01:57:25 PM »

I think i can write scenes on a notebook and later on try to connect them, you know, like i can start with how she will meet her dad!
maybe another one would be about how she got into the school, and so on.
like deviding the story into mini ones and write each one apart, then trying to make them into one big plot ;) according to the outline i have on my mind!  ::)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 01:58:01 PM »

lol yeah, good luck!

Hanan

• Fledgling
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 02:07:32 PM »

I have another silly thing once I finished writing my own thing I think it would need lots of reviewing how can i make sure it is good enough?

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 02:08:15 PM »

I have a question before you start.... Isn't that the plot of "Hana Youri Dango"?
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Hanan

• Fledgling
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 02:11:37 PM »

OH no
the plot of that story about a poor girl in a rich people school, and this group of F4 making everyone scared but she stood up and fell in love with one of them...
I was watchin Hana kimi and I was thinking of redoing my own version of it to be truthful, since in hana kimi no one knows about her being the girl, in my imagination I am thinking what if everyone knew about her and just tried to make her life crazy ?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 02:13:09 PM by Hanan »

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 02:15:29 PM »

"Hana Kimi"... "Hana Youri Dango"... Whatever, I was close. lmao I knew it sounded fajmiliar and I guessed on the title, I'll admit....

I guess if it's different, then it's okay.........
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

Hanan

• Fledgling
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 02:18:09 PM »

You don't have to worry, I hate stealing form other people ideas.
I am a teacher I have to stick to the right side ;)
So I won't mind telling you that my muse was that Hana kimi story, but I want to do changes, so God help me.
So if anyone has anything to ask and tell me go a head

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 02:19:53 PM »

Well, at least your muse isn't lazy... or crazy... or a collab whore. lol
~*Dee*~

Pages: [1] 2